View Poll Results: Do you think there will be a WW III?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, probably in my life time.

74 53.62%
  • Yes, but unlikely in my life time.

39 28.26%
  • No.

25 18.12%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think there will be a WW III?

Default Re: Do you think there will be a WW III?

Very unlikely. Regional wars.. yes

Before anything could happen, we are dead.

There are sufficient explosive on earth to break up the earth several times

Yappy & happy

I think WWIII has already started at home. PS3 here I come!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    Any sign of WWIII?
    I think we badly need one so that the amateur photo-journalists could have a practice at shooting war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think we badly need one so that the amateur photo-journalists could have a practice at shooting war.
    Could be anytime soon. But I doubt if any of them would be able to use their 1DsM3 or any digital cameras for that subject matter. Film and mechanical camera would still work I guess..

http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key...uclear-war.htm
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Fight what? Like you say Acting forces, act here a bit there a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    the Singapore Acting Force(SAF) stands ready to defend our nation....for 24 hours LOL.

sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    already here what.

1) mankind with terrorism (no winner yet)

2) mankind against virus like bird flu, sars, aids, ebolar (virus winning - no cure for all 3 yet)

3) mankind with earth (mankind winning - mannage to create global warming, and making it worst by the minute)

what a exciting life, we living in it.
    When speaking about humans, what about ourselves?
    We are also involve in global warming and we are also making it worse in our small little ways,
    which, when multiplied by the total population, is ALOT.

Let's just sit back and relax, and enjoy our death, hm?

Of course.
    It is in the future.
    Iran or "Dear Leader's" country most likely to start it.

Sort of depressing huh.
    Wonder where we'll all end up after we leave our mortal shells.

Quote Originally Posted by siewkiang View Post
    Sort of depressing huh.
    Wonder where we'll all end up after we leave our mortal shells.
    Fertiliser...

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Fertiliser...
    Good point. Let's all fertilise whatever is needed to fetilise after our demise!

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Not much humans left to be doing any fighting if a full-fledge nuclear war breaks out.
    I am imagining the countries just fires Nuclear missiles towards each other to see how many ppl can be killed... the country with the most survivor left wins...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    I am imagining the countries just fires Nuclear missiles towards each other to see how many ppl can be killed... the country with the most survivor left wins...
    What do they win

A slower death than all the rest

My choice is still on Inter Gallatic War I
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

My take.. there are no winners in war, whoever whom thought they have lost or won... eventually paid for the price, in terms of $$, environment and most importantly people. War is not a number game, it is about real people's lives being affected.

I support World peace.

If any, it might become a war between those who wish to defend their own right to religion, against those who see the unconverted as apostates.

Watch religious extremism closely guys..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

I don't think China will want to jeopardise its own economic progress by starting WWIII. But North Korea is a joke - anyone can see the countries involved in the negotiating table are being made fools of. No one dares or can stop Korea from playing its game of brinksmanship, and it's been decades.

War on terror was declared by George W. Bush after 9/11 - there is Afghanistan and Iraq that already provides food to fundamental muslims to take action. The UN countries supported the US for Afghanistan. The UK and a couple of other allies supported the US for Iraq.

Earlier this year Feb 2007, GWB on national TV told Iran to drop their nuclear program otherwise "we'll" have to do something about it.

...and then in the back of everyone's mind is GWB's statement in 2006 "America is addicted to oil" http://peakoil.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_archive.html

Are Americans happy about this? Well read this blog:
    http://jebin08.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html

Knowing that the US has an estimated 80 million barrels of oil compared to the Middle East that has over 200 million barrels of oil left.
    http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_te...cle2656034.ece

It is estimated that globally we consume 80 million barrels of oil a year. It is said that the US consumes 40% of the world's resources.

So perhaps the war on terror is really a war for oil....The normal story that repeats itself in history - a war for power! Countries have just got smarter about the way war is waged.....

War is close for every person who does NS and anybody who does not think that their environmental impact isn't playing a part in this.

so how tell boss dun use computer? most modern gadgets use electrical power or batts. those solar & dynamo types nv seem to catch on le...

tell ppl to give up their cars & take public transport already darn diff. i refering to those who hav their own wheels...

No, I do not think that there will be a WWIII. The people has become smarter.. and there is real superpower left except US.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    If any, it might become a war between those who wish to defend their own right to religion, against those who see the unconverted as apostates.

Watch religious extremism closely guys..
    I agree with this one. There is already a near 'world war' based on terrorism and religious extremism.

The biggest risks are no longer states fighting for territory or resources, but highly mobile religious fanatics.
    It's more of a war of minds and ideologies now, and the remaining large 'super-power' is ill equipped to deal with this sort of amophous target. Heck, the US is still talking missile shields when the biggest threat is probably an extreme religious zelot with a back-pack bomb.

China certainly won't take the military option anymore in the conventional sense - but they certainly can wield some economic power and are doing so - look at some of their African aid deals that result in favourable access to undeveloped resources in those countries.

The European's have certainly now noticed this - saw a TV program on German Sat TV recently about the remaining heavy industry in Germany. A comment was made their biggest problem now is the cost and access to raw materials. They USED to own mines in Africa and Sth America and supply chains but sold them all off in the '80s as 'non core' assets - some thing they now regret, as now said mines are selling to the Chinese instead :-)
    Last edited by matthew; 18th June 2007 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    so how tell boss dun use computer? most modern gadgets use electrical power or batts. those solar & dynamo types nv seem to catch on le...

tell ppl to give up their cars & take public transport already darn diff. i refering to those who hav their own wheels...
    No SE - expect people to be more aware of their impact and do what they can such as shut down PCs, lights and any other equipment (except the fax machine! ) when they leave the work place, use power saving devices such as Windows hibernation mode when PC is not used for a certain length of time. Companies to buy into technologies that reduce the demand for oil. It is out there and affordable.

Buses to be transformed to bio diesel that is produced anaerobically from our waste; the government to provide incentives for green cars (although s/one else said in another thread govt don't wanna upset oil companies - why? SG has a fantastic stable infrastructure); the govt to look more seriously at alternative energies. It's only now in 2007 that the govt announced if you have photovoltaic panels and make surplus energy, the national grid will buy this off you. (I am happy about this!).

The war on terror is a good smoke screen for some countries. Terrorism has been around for years although was only globally acknowledged after 9/11.

War for the black gold! We, the consumers who provide the market demand can force the corporates behind the super powers to change by changing the way we buy. The technology to reduce oil dependencies has been around for over 10 years but fossil fuels has been pushed as the supremo.

P.S. China's not worried cause it has huge coal reserves that can be converted into fuel for vehicles.
    Last edited by Lady Ice; 18th June 2007 at 07:15 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast