Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Jean Yip good for haircut?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Hi,
    I saw that Jean Yip is having a promotion now for haircuts. I wonder if it is a good saloon to cut hair at? Which branch is good?
    Otherwise, where can u recommend for a good haircut?
    Last edited by WuffRuff; 14th June 2007 at 02:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    It very much depend on your luck if you are visiting them for the 1st time. It depends on who is the stylist serving you. You may like or dislike the result from a particular stylist. It's not the branch but rather the stylist's skill.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    I went there once and that's the last.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    i agree that it depends on the stylist rather than the branch. I've followed a stylist as he moves from salon to salon. Hence what you pay might be a branded salon in town but the stylist is the same if you have a fav stylist etc...

    those $10 QB cut may have very good stylists as well, but the Qs on weekends can be terrible etc!!! Neighbourhoods salons may have good stylist as well. Some aspiring ones may have worked in town salons before venturing out to the suburbs to make it on their own etc.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Great World City, Singapore
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    You can try my friend's saloon at Burlington Square, he is my stylist. Small shop but great skill.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Jean Yip?

    NO

  7. #7

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    Jean Yip?

    NO
    Then where is good huh?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    Jean Yip?

    NO
    Jeanie Yip?


    YES
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Then where is good huh?
    actually hair cuts are rather personal.

    and it also depends whether are we talking about guy or gal hair cuts here.

    for me, i frequent monsoon.

    for a straight hair gal like me, the cut's good enough.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Jeanie Yip?


    YES
    i'm only good at decapitation.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    actually hair cuts are rather personal.

    and it also depends whether are we talking about guy or gal hair cuts here.

    for me, i frequent monsoon.

    for a straight hair gal like me, the cut's good enough.
    hmm, u go which 1? i keep a lookout...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i'm only good at decapitation.
    well, fair enuff... both also make ends meet... u just make a bigger ends meet only...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    clementi jean yip = die
    sigh.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    I agree its the stylist... forgot to ask that.
    So which stylist is good n where can I find him/ her?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    My wife cuts her hair with Eu Kong at the saloon on level 3 or 4 Ngee Ann city. I also tag along for hair cut together.

    I used to cut with Jean Yip as I bought a hair cut package from them. Problem is I dunno which stylist is good and so sometimes I get different stylist.... end up like russian roulette. The damage done by a bad stylist will take many MONTHS to heal, or at least that is what Eu Kong tells me.

    So nowadays I just tag along my wife when she does her hair.

    Personally though I would prefer to cut my Hair close to home, like Jean Yip AMK hub. Anyone knows of a good stylist at AMK hub Jean yip?

  16. #16
    Senior Member knpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Hi,
    I saw that Jean Yip is having a promotion now for haircuts. I wonder if it is a good saloon to cut hair at? Which branch is good?
    Otherwise, where can u recommend for a good haircut?

    its not the company name but the hairstylist skills.

    the other tiem i went to IT's HAIRY at Far east plaza #04-** cant remember. the charge was 28 dollars, after few months it became 30 dollars for a normal haircut. and what the they charge another 2 dollars for "director's cut". My ass. and the cut has nothing unique or special.

    now i have found a place which just cost 10 dollars and cuts better than that stupid HAIRY or other crappy QB Hse barbeque hse whatever.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    its not the company name but the hairstylist skills.

    the other tiem i went to IT's HAIRY at Far east plaza #04-** cant remember. the charge was 28 dollars, after few months it became 30 dollars for a normal haircut. and what the they charge another 2 dollars for "director's cut". My ass. and the cut has nothing unique or special.

    now i have found a place which just cost 10 dollars and cuts better than that stupid HAIRY or other crappy QB Hse barbeque hse whatever.
    Agreed, itz the stylist. I cut my hair at THAT'S HAIRDRESSING at VeloCity by Gary, the manager there. Personally feels . It ez not bad.
    Last edited by CYNx3; 14th June 2007 at 04:04 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    My wife cuts her hair with Eu Kong at the saloon on level 3 or 4 Ngee Ann city. I also tag along for hair cut together.

    I used to cut with Jean Yip as I bought a hair cut package from them. Problem is I dunno which stylist is good and so sometimes I get different stylist.... end up like russian roulette. The damage done by a bad stylist will take many MONTHS to heal, or at least that is what Eu Kong tells me.

    So nowadays I just tag along my wife when she does her hair.

    Personally though I would prefer to cut my Hair close to home, like Jean Yip AMK hub. Anyone knows of a good stylist at AMK hub Jean yip?
    my gf like to go monsoon... then i tag along few times... not to say disaster... but just that i dun like, some ppl like.... but i just dun like...

    and i dun like to stick to one hair stylist... hehe.... cos i bad at remembering them, and i dun like to go so frequent... best of all, i dun really like to talk when i am having my hair cut...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYNx3 View Post
    Agreed, stylist is better. I cut my hair at THAT'S HAIRDRESSING at VeloCity by Gary, the manager there. Personally feels
    he cut your hair the one in your avatar?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Jean Yip good for haircut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    he cut your hair the one in your avatar?
    Thats cut by the $10 guy knpan mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •