Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Canon EF 70-200 f/4L

  1. #1

    Smile Canon EF 70-200 f/4L

    Hi Guys, Could pls brief me the quality of the pics taken by EF 70-200 f/4L ? Is it a good lens for normal day to day activities?

    Where can i buy a good copy of this in Sinagapore??

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon EF 70-200 f/4L

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasika View Post
    Hi Guys, Could pls brief me the quality of the pics taken by EF 70-200 f/4L ? Is it a good lens for normal day to day activities?

    Where can i buy a good copy of this in Sinagapore??
    This is Canon's lightest and cheapest white L lens. Pic quality is very sharp and gd. U may want to try places such as Alan Photo, MS Colour or Cathay Photo.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Canon EF 70-200 f/4L

    It is the most value for money L lens. It can produce super sharp pics. Sharper than 2.8.

    There are many for sale in bns. Some ppl don't really appreciate it. (me included) I miss it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Canon EF 70-200 f/4L

    Quote Originally Posted by mtunlinn View Post
    It is the most value for money L lens. It can produce super sharp pics. Sharper than 2.8.

    There are many for sale in bns. Some ppl don't really appreciate it. (me included) I miss it.
    I will agree with you here. I used my friend's one, its produces very very sharp pictures that can almost cut your eyes, but I don't like the bokeh it gives. Kinda funny and not the smooth type, so I don't really appreciate it as much.

    Its lighter and small than the 2.8 but still solidly built. I sold off my cheapo canon 75-300mm telephoto after using this one and reverted to manual.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon EF 70-200 f/4L

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSiao View Post
    I will agree with you here. I used my friend's one, its produces very very sharp pictures that can almost cut your eyes, but I don't like the bokeh it gives. Kinda funny and not the smooth type, so I don't really appreciate it as much.

    Its lighter and small than the 2.8 but still solidly built. I sold off my cheapo canon 75-300mm telephoto after using this one and reverted to manual.
    I agree with you on bokeh too. This lens may not be suitable for portraits but usable. It is very good for normal day to day activities.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •