Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Tibet or Turkey ?

  1. #1

    Default Tibet or Turkey ?

    Hi,

    Me and my wife is considering a holiday to either Tibet or Turkey maybe with Chan Brother.

    Tibet - 8days (w Media corp Aritiste Ivy Lee) at $2,328/pzx (include tax)
    Turkey - 10 days @ $2,052/pax include tax

    http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index...tton.gif&t=new

    http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index...t=best%20value

    Would like to seek your advise, which is better and worth visiting?

    Is Chan Brother a good choice?

    Any of you been to either one or both before, pls give me ur valuable comments....

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    If you want VIP treatment, go for the Tibet package. Normally, when the place wants exposure to attract tourists, they will have promotions where Mediacorp stars will be invited to join the group and this 'privilege' group will experience above normal service standard treatment. Furthermore, prices for such packages tend to increase after the VIP group returns.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Definitely Tibet, just for Ivy Lee
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    If you want VIP treatment, go for the Tibet package. Normally, when the place wants exposure to attract tourists, they will have promotions where Mediacorp stars will be invited to join the group and this 'privilege' group will experience above normal service standard treatment. Furthermore, prices for such packages tend to increase after the VIP group returns.

    just called CB to check and so far 47 people signed up for Tidet and max people wl be 57 ..
    still consideraing .... Tibet or Turkey .

    But look like mostly wl go Tibet ..

  5. #5
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjazzboy View Post
    just called CB to check and so far 47 people signed up for Tidet and max people wl be 57 ..
    still consideraing .... Tibet or Turkey .

    But look like mostly wl go Tibet ..
    Better decide fast. Normally, such packages where Mediacorp stars are travelling together are being snatched up quite fast.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    end of there
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Have not been to Tibet, but thoroughly enjoyed Turkey..

    I was tour then.. Was with Chan Bros? Hmm, can't rem which agency..

    Turkish itinerary was rather varied, covered semi-dessert to Aegean coastline to sandstone valleys to caravanserai to underground city to Greco-Roman ruins to volcanic springs to cruising the Bosphorus etc..

    The Grand Bazaar is reputed to have 3000-5000 shops, almost got lost in it..
    If you like spices/crafts, try checking out the Spice Bazaar (aka Eygptian Bazaar)..
    You can even try a hot-air balloon ride in Cappadoccia; the area's like the smaller brother of the Grand Canyon..

    Whichever your choice, ENJOY!

    ps: if you tell the tour guide you're on honeymoon, sometimes they can bump you up a better suite, with chocs and flowers etc.. One honeymooning couple got the grand treatment during the tour..
    Last edited by Ally; 13th June 2007 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjazzboy View Post
    Hi,

    Me and my wife is considering a holiday to either Tibet or Turkey maybe with Chan Brother.

    Tibet - 8days (w Media corp Aritiste Ivy Lee) at $2,328/pzx (include tax)
    Turkey - 10 days @ $2,052/pax include tax

    http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index...tton.gif&t=new

    http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index...t=best%20value

    Would like to seek your advise, which is better and worth visiting?

    Is Chan Brother a good choice?

    Any of you been to either one or both before, pls give me ur valuable comments....

    Thanks
    eh ... who is Ivy Lee? Is Ivy Lee an expert on Tibet? What can an actress from a TV station add to your enjoyment of a tour? Looks like gimick to me.

    57 people? That is a lot of people in a tour. I do not like large tours. I do not like small tour either.

    Ok, back to Turkey. What a wonderful country. I can spend 10 days in Istanbul alone. The food was amazing, the culture deep and vast.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjazzboy View Post
    Hi,

    Me and my wife is considering a holiday to either Tibet or Turkey maybe with Chan Brother.

    Tibet - 8days (w Media corp Aritiste Ivy Lee) at $2,328/pzx (include tax)
    Turkey - 10 days @ $2,052/pax include tax

    http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index...tton.gif&t=new

    http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index...t=best%20value

    Would like to seek your advise, which is better and worth visiting?

    Is Chan Brother a good choice?

    Any of you been to either one or both before, pls give me ur valuable comments....

    Thanks
    Hi,

    When are you going ?

    I would like to hear about your trip when you get back.

    My friend (Coral) and I are planning to go to Xian in China and also Tibet in August.

    We have decided to "rough it" and make our own tour.

    Your views on things in your travel will be appreciated if you travel before us.

    Have a great time whichever you choose. I am shure you will
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    eh ... who is Ivy Lee? Is Ivy Lee an expert on Tibet? What can an actress from a TV station add to your enjoyment of a tour? Looks like gimick to me.

    57 people? That is a lot of people in a tour. I do not like large tours. I do not like small tour either.

    Ok, back to Turkey. What a wonderful country. I can spend 10 days in Istanbul alone. The food was amazing, the culture deep and vast.
    Agree with Deadpoet.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi,

    When are you going ?

    I would like to hear about your trip when you get back.

    My friend (Coral) and I are planning to go to Xian in China and also Tibet in August.

    We have decided to "rough it" and make our own tour.

    Your views on things in your travel will be appreciated if you travel before us.

    Have a great time whichever you choose. I am shure you will
    dont worry, will post my FR here when i back from the trip ..
    we shd decide where to go by this Sat ...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    hi...IMO...tibet is the place to visit, before more things get changed forever...with the combination of China growth in tourism + the new railway line....

    Turkey is still going to be Turkey in 5 years times....unless the Kurdish decided to remove them..

    anyway back to tibet...
    1) if you can read and understand chinese and english...do it DIY..it's an experience u will never forget...

    2) moving with a gang of 57 ppl is not a experience you would like to get...unless u have a thing with ivy lee, which your wife would not like too..

    3) tibet is a place on high attitude, ppl do get sick there, due to reasons from thin air to differences in food...so with a group of 57 ppl...the chances is higher...for someone to slow everyone else down...

    4) if u r on honeymoon, then the more you should take your time...and not get herd around...like little lambs...by sherperd ivy lee...dont think u can get the option of "I like this place, let's stay here for another day"...<<<< this is VIP treatment...

    cheers...
    KM

  12. #12

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    If you are into privacy, u can forget about Tibet, you are most likely going to have a photographer tailing you taking photos for publicity use and a videographer filming the event down.

    Also you are going to get all sorts of stupid things happening esp from star stuck fans......

  13. #13
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    Tours will not bring you to the outskirts of Tibet...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tibet or Turkey ?

    I can't think of anything worse than going to Tibet with a big tour and a local celebrity.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •