Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: Politics in Photo Societies

Default Re: Politics in Photo Societies

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    I'm a little taken aback that such an accomplised photographer would resort to these underhand tactics. But still as I don't know the full facts, I will continue eating pop corn and read on. None of my business really but it goes to show that nothing is as it seems sometimes. If SY and truth photog are the same person it means that all the praises that truth photog sang for SY were errrr from SY? wow that I find a little hard to swallow...
    the issue i think is he dun like p*s, so left, and then like this like that lor.
    but must thing must have occur in p*s, else cannot believe SY will behave like this. I still remember how SY defended p*s when there was a argument, and i was one of them arguing with him.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    the issue i think is he dun like p*s, so left, and then like this like that lor.
    but must thing must have occur in p*s, else cannot believe SY will behave like this. I still remember how SY defended p*s when there was a argument, and i was one of them arguing with him.

Be that as it may, he's a good photographer. I have seen and admire his work very much. (but I don't worshop him )
    His credentials and accomplishments should stand for themselves and there really is no need to resort to these tactics. I still doubt if this was indeed done by him. Just quite unbelievable lor.

But lets not dwell on it too long. As gahmen say, 'lets move on'
    Lot of things out there to shoot. (wish I had more time these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Title of the Drama: Basic Instinct?

Basic Instinct Politics in Photo Societies
    Best drama in June School Holiday, showing now in CS.
    Direct by S***** Y**,
    Leading actress: truth-photographer
    Special Credit: Sion

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Be that as it may, he's a good photographer. I have seen and admire his work very much. (but I don't worshop him )
    His credentials and accomplishments should stand for themselves and there really is no need to resort to these tactics. I still doubt if this was indeed done by him. Just quite unbelievable lor.

But lets not dwell on it too long. As gahmen say, 'lets move on'
    Lot of things out there to shoot. (wish I had more time these days)
    i hope not him, if so, he ruin everything he has done for himself.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

]Basic Instinct Politics in Photo Societies
    Best drama in June School Holiday, showing now in CS.
    Direct by S***** Y**,
    Leading actress: truth-photographer
    Special Credit: Sion
    Special Guest Appearance: Catchlights
    Special Effects: Cheesecake
    Japanese Subtitles: eikin

Arrow Re: Politics in Photo Societies

Money and power has clouded his judgement and integrity.

Think of the children.

The Administrators and Moderators team has agreed to deregister the following accounts:

truth-photographer
    Steven Yee

We have sufficient information indicating that these are multiple accounts created by the same person, which is in violation of CS terms of use, and the accounts have been misused.

Hmm...

Isn't Knowledge Bowl the same person as Steven Yee & truth-photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by advox View Post
    Hmm...

Isn't Knowledge Bowl the same person as Steven Yee & truth-photographer?
    You mean got Basic Instinct Part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    thanks Darren for the action taken.

i believe this sends out a clear message that abusive usage of this forum to fulfill selfish business gains through irresponsible and malicious postings will not be condoned.

Now who is going to promote the "selfish business"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You mean got Basic Instinct Part 2?

I don't know. But most of the monsters in those movies always gets resurrected.

Smile Re: Politics in Photo Societies

ha ha! let the truth be known!

Arrow Re: Politics in Photo Societies

Bring it on before the school terms reopen and we're busy with the children again.

Now who is going to promote the "selfish business"?

I'm a little taken aback that such an accomplised photographer would resort to these underhand tactics. But still as I don't know the full facts, I will continue eating pop corn and read on. None of my business really but it goes to show that nothing is as it seems sometimes. If SY and truth photog are the same person it means that all the praises that truth photog sang for SY were errrr from SY? wow that I find a little hard to swallow...

Well, I did warn truth-photographer about the truth. Think she handled it well?
    Don't have to take my word for it, just like the gossip spread by truth-photographer. Find out the truth for yourself. I just point you in the right direction.

i recalled from the movie, "you can't handle the truth!"

Well, I did warn truth-photographer about the truth. Think she handled it well?
    Don't have to take my word for it, just like the gossip spread by truth-photographer. Find out the truth for yourself. I just point you in the right direction.

So much noise, rear end politics for what ? Some times mentors need to reign in their young zealots or at the end of it its the mentor that winds up with the bad smell and not the mentor's "enemies".

Photography is not society politics and vice versa. If your mentor's new venture is founded on good foundations then its sucess is possible; if not no amount of hype will make it work.

Photography is a creative and skill based activity some times our fellow photographers too tightly linked to an organised group lose touch that being original is better than being a grain of sand or worse still a copy of a grain of sand in a beach. Being true to your own vision is probably the hardest thing a mentor can guide you with; it needs a mentor big enough to say do not be a copy of me not many can do that.

Every society has to balance off lack of canidates, entrench divisions, renewal of committee, willing hands that will work and not nato when forming the next committee. It is an exercise in group dynamics. The next 12 monts will show. Also no individual is irrepalceable to any society.

Grin I'm going to walk around shooting for fun to make me happy.

Of course he defended P*S then because he had a big stake in it. He is the only guru who together with E____ C_____ overshadows all others instructors in P*S according to the post below:

Quote Originally Posted by truth-photographer View Post
    i also cannot imagine what will happen to the courses there when he is not teaching there in future and who will organise all those activities. Most of the others really cannot make it. He is such an excellent and popular instructor and anyone can hardly wonder who can fill his posts. Anyone can easily associate the society's accelerated progress to him and his helpers for the past few years.

He earned big bugs from P*S. That's why all the loyalty. That is history because now he has his own place coaching "loyal students" like truth-photographer. Now, truth-photographer/ SY/ whoever he morphs into will u-turn and attack P*S and heap all praises to Knowledge Bowl.

I hope I didn't spoil truth-photographer's Langkawi trip. I hope 'she' can HANDLE THE TRUTH!

My new signature.

Oh, you mean all the bunch of acronyms behind his name?

well, a top hotelier here was sacked for claiming that he graduated from certain uni. he did not and claimed it was an error of judgement. believe it?

Oh, you mean all the bunch of acronyms behind his name?

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    ... no individual is irrepalceable to any society.

Don't be too sure. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by truth-photographer View Post
    i also cannot imagine what will happen to the courses there when he is not teaching there in future and who will organise all those activities. Most of the others really cannot make it. He is such an excellent and popular instructor and anyone can hardly wonder who can fill his posts.

i hope not him, if so, he ruin everything he has done for himself.

I can only show you the truth. How you 'handle' it, I leave it to you.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast