Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: share with us about your worse clients you face

Default Re: share with us about your worse clients you face

so when you are covering a wedding for your friend's sister. and the husband is one kind of cheapo and now refuses to pay. so what you going to do with him ? remember he is you friend's sister husband.

best part, he shouted and screaming at me when i gave him his package on the day.

he is also one of those burggers who don't know that he can choose 2 out of the 3 factors which is

cheap
    good
    fast

and from the day we met, he told me want good. but cheap fast he didnt know.

he is not the only one actually, but he is the worst i've met for the first 6mths of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    i've seen such a client.. only recently in jan. apparently that guy is a regular in navy. even until now when the total bill is given to him. he refuses to pay the remaining sum.

so i've decided not to even talk to him. so actually i am waiting for him to decide to pay me or not. that kind of people not even sincere of paying me also. so when they call me. i will just tell them that you can keep that money for your kid.

i will not accept your money because you are insincere and i felt insulted.
    Good to hear I'm not alone!

i've seen such a client.. only recently in jan. apparently that guy is a regular in navy. even until now when the total bill is given to him. he refuses to pay the remaining sum.

so i've decided not to even talk to him. so actually i am waiting for him to decide to pay me or not. that kind of people not even sincere of paying me also. so when they call me. i will just tell them that you can keep that money for your kid.

he dun know ur charges? U never tell him how u charge???

so when you are covering a wedding for your friend's sister. and the husband is one kind of cheapo and now refuses to pay. so what you going to do with him ? remember he is you friend's sister husband.

best part, he shouted and screaming at me when i gave him his package on the day.

he is also one of those burggers who don't know that he can choose 2 out of the 3 factors which is

cheap
    good
    fast

and from the day we met, he told me want good. but cheap fast he didnt know.

he is not the only one actually, but he is the worst i've met for the first 6mths of the year.

again? wasn't such issues discuss b4 the wedding?

vince123123
    Guests

If the charges were made clear to him, why do you still wait? Just file a claim in the Small Claims Tribunal and get your money.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    again? wasn't such issues discuss b4 the wedding?
    yes. it was discussed. and was agreed that this was the amount to be paid.

but there wasnt any contract since it was "own people"

yes. it was discussed. and was agreed that this was the amount to be paid.

but there wasnt any contract since it was "own people"
    Own pple or total strangers alike, always make it a point to collect the full or balanced amount upon handover of photos/album. That would leave no opportunity for others to do injustice to you.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Own pple or total strangers alike, always make it a point to collect the full or balanced amount upon handover of photos/album. That would leave no opportunity for others to do injustice to you.
    Hello xziredmp,

Snowspeeder is right. Please allow me to show some thoughts. One of the most important things about client management is communication. From negotiation to final delivery of the product, the client will need to be 100% aware of what is the deliverables, terms and conditions, etc. A written contract signed by the client is the best form of protection for the photographer and the client, *especially* when the client is a relative or a friend. People are forgetful and relatives/friends are more forgetful than normal folks. You'll be surprised how everybody respects black & white, especially when they've signed on it. Lastly, when you insist on the signed contract, you might be accused of not 'giving face' to your friends but I think deep down they will appreciate you for your professionalism.

But if they don't want to sign, then you won't have to shoot and you might avoid having a bad experience.

Regards
    Wesley
    Last edited by wesley; 15th June 2007 at 03:36 AM.

oh well. didnt sign any contract because i felt that there wasnt any need for formalities amongst family members thou.

seems like a very very bad move.

i've shared one of my worst one yet.

how about the others ?

Wah, where do you guys find these people? they all sound very scary.

From personal experience, the more is charged to a couple, not just deposit but also the entire package; the less likely it is to run into insincere and stingy clients.

They come from a group of clients that won't contact you ever again after hearing your price

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    They come from a group of clients that won't contact you ever again after hearing your price
    That's quite true. Always better to talk to more generous clients which come from another group.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    That's quite true. Always better to talk to more generous clients which come from another group.
    True. It sounds bad, and it looks like I/we look down on some.....but then at the end of the day it is the bottomline that is counted in $$$. For some couples who run into financial trouble due to miscalculation, I have no problem extending an instalment repayment scheme like 3-6 months....as long as they ask nicely. But I hate couples who play pattern and act blur, take kindness for weakness (as you know we are in the svc industry, everytime also need to put on a smile etc). Like that recent case of a couple playing me out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    But I hate couples who play pattern and act blur, take kindness for weakness (as you know we are in the svc industry, everytime also need to put on a smile etc). Like that recent case of a couple playing me out.
    same same...

like what the bosses always like to say
    "Customer is always Right. because they are paying"

Generally, I find that if you're nice to people, people will also be nice to you. But do not mistake "nice" for being "overly modest" (about your skills). You need to show assurance that you know what you're doing, 'cos the main thing S'poreans like to do is ask a lot of questions. What camera do you use? What lens? How much experience do you have? How come you so expensive (even if you're really charging at the bottom end of the mkt rate)? Blah, blah, blah.

Settle all questions before finalising the deal. But I guess as a freelancer, we're not so hard-pressed for contracts. If I feel this person is going to be difficult, or wants too much for too little, I'd just politely turn them down. Some contracts, IMHO, are just not worth the headache.

Nice customers = those who know your value and WILLING to pay for your services.
    Bad customers = those they think all photographers are the same and will compare this photographer give me this price only can you go lower? Then MAYBE we will consider you.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfynn View Post
    Nice customers = those who know your value and WILLING to pay for your services.
    Bad customers = those they think all photographers are the same and will compare this photographer give me this price only can you go lower? Then MAYBE we will consider you.

Huh?
    and from what i see..... we have 70% of singaporeans who are bad customers then.. since most of us like to compare...

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    and from what i see..... we have 70% of singaporeans who are bad customers then.. since most of us like to compare...
    Most Malaysians also the same....

Quote Originally Posted by jetfynn View Post
    Most Malaysians also the same....
    well.. want to compare here and there..

next time you see photographers get featured with their services all in a chart or something.

or even a magazine to feature : TOP Photographers; How to do clients choose, secrets revealed !

clients nowadays very different..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast