Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Sentosa

  1. #1

    Default Sentosa

    hi all

    will be goign Sentosa with a group of frends this week, they want me to be their photographer to do all kinda shots for them.

    i am not sure what to bring along, maybe those who have gone there before can give me ideas? like say where to take pictures at sentosa then nice? n should i bring a tripod along?

    thankszzz....

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Sentosa has been revamped and is quite different compare to like last year. I think you will probably hang around the beach side. They are still in the process of renovation, there are some places that is close to public as in thet set up barricades and all that, it is advisable to go in by the new Sentosa train or t least by bus, not very advisable to walk in by foot (you still have to pay $3.00). I brought along a monopod with me when I went there last week which is very helpful. enjoy your shoot.
    Last edited by morningstar; 12th June 2007 at 05:11 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Sentosa

    is it advisiable to bring a DSLR there?
    is it safe to bring a DSLR to the beach?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    Sentosa has been revamped and is quite different compare to like last year. I think you will probably hang around the beach side. They are still in the process of renovation, there are some places that is close to public as in thet set up barricades and all that, it is advisable to go in by the new Sentosa train or t least by bus, not very advisable to walk in by foot (you still have to pay $3.00). I brought along a monopod with me when I went there last week which is very helpful. enjoy your shoot.
    thanks.. i think i am going by the train, it is also 3 bucks rite?
    and you brought ur DSLR along or what?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Sentosa

    I dun fully understand your question, do you mean you want to leave your DSLR there and you go and play volleyball do some other things or you are taking photo there full day with your cam in your hands? Nothing wrong bringing your DSLR there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sentosa

    it's always a dilemma.... to play or to take photos...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    I dun fully understand your question, do you mean you want to leave your DSLR there and you go and play volleyball do some other things or you are taking photo there full day with your cam in your hands? Nothing wrong bringing your DSLR there.
    my meaning is, if i bring my cam to the beach, if i leave it smewhere close to me but do smething else n not looking at the back, isn't it dangerours?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by happyepower View Post
    is it advisiable to bring a DSLR there?
    is it safe to bring a DSLR to the beach?

    its safe... y not ???

    jus strap your camera round your neck can liao...

    bring a monopod will be fine... tripod also can... if u dont mind the weight...

    jus be careful of sand getting into your camera's sensor while changing lens...

    cheers n have fun...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Sentosa

    thanks..
    sure.. at most i build a tent there to change lens.. jkjk

  10. #10

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Larren Chen View Post
    its safe... y not ???

    jus strap your camera round your neck can liao...

    bring a monopod will be fine... tripod also can... if u dont mind the weight...

    jus be careful of sand getting into your camera's sensor while changing lens...

    cheers n have fun...
    hey, seems like u been there before..jus another qns, which beach is better of taking shots? palawan? siloso?

    thanks

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by happyepower View Post
    hey, seems like u been there before..jus another qns, which beach is better of taking shots? palawan? siloso?

    thanks
    I think of all the 3 beaches, Palawan's the best spot.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I think of all the 3 beaches, Palawan's the best spot.
    thanks, i will do my best!! thanks for all ur help!! i hope ideas keep coming in

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by happyepower View Post
    hey, seems like u been there before..jus another qns, which beach is better of taking shots? palawan? siloso?

    thanks

    i like siloso... i camp there before... nice... but now should have change quite a bit...

    jus try out the beaches that are more convenient...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sentosa

    thanks so much... one final question, is telephoto lens useful there? its been 2-3 years since i been there i am not sure if there is anything that i can use telephoto...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Sentosa

    careful when changing lens by the beach!! later some fine sand can just fly stright to ur camera sensor.......

  16. #16

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by kyo86sg View Post
    careful when changing lens by the beach!! later some fine sand can just fly stright to ur camera sensor.......
    hey alot of u talked about this.. seems quite a major prob a Sentosa.. is there anyway i can do to reduce it to min? or even no sand!!!
    ?

    thanks

  17. #17

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by happyepower View Post
    hey alot of u talked about this.. seems quite a major prob a Sentosa.. is there anyway i can do to reduce it to min? or even no sand!!!
    ?

    thanks
    y not u just use a point n shoot camer or a prosumer camera instead if ur so worried abt sand fliying into ur sensor n other stuffs .

    cheers .

  18. #18

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by radiation View Post
    y not u just use a point n shoot camer or a prosumer camera instead if ur so worried abt sand fliying into ur sensor n other stuffs .

    cheers .
    yar gd idea but i sold away my PnS liaos left with one lend sister, she brought it to china... so i can only use this....

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by radiation View Post
    y not u just use a point n shoot camer or a prosumer camera instead if ur so worried abt sand fliying into ur sensor n other stuffs .

    cheers .
    If your PnS or prosumer's lens barrel do not have an adapter and a filter on it, dusts and sand can still enter the zoom lens barrel.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sentosa

    18-200, anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •