Thread: Cannot use avatar 80x80 pix

Default Cannot use avatar 80x80 pix

Hi,
    I tried to upload an avatar picture 80x80 pixels but the system did not allow me to cos my file was 25kb and the max is 10kb.
    But according to the avatar site, it says "max size is 80x80 pixels OR 10kb, WHICHEVER IS SMALLER." Which means that my photo meets the criteria.
    Strange thing is that my current avatar which is also 25kb but 90x65 pixels could be uploaded without a problem.
    Ermm... does anyone know what is the problem here and how I can upload my 80x80 photo? I can't make it 10kb. Min i could save it is 24kb and the photo sucks then.

Default Re: Cannot use avatar 80x80 pix

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Hi,
    I tried to upload an avatar picture 80x80 pixels but the system did not allow me to cos my file was 25kb and the max is 10kb.
    But according to the avatar site, it says "max size is 80x80 pixels OR 10kb, WHICHEVER IS SMALLER." Which means that my photo meets the criteria.
    Strange thing is that my current avatar which is also 25kb but 90x65 pixels could be uploaded without a problem.
    Ermm... does anyone know what is the problem here and how I can upload my 80x80 photo? I can't make it 10kb. Min i could save it is 24kb and the photo sucks then.
    Try saving it as gif and change the quality to 7. That may help.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Cannot use avatar 80x80 pix

Although the wording could have been improved, what it means is that your photo must satisfy BOTH 80x80 AND 10kb.

As for current avatar, it could be uploaded during the time when it was still 100 x 100 (and somehow your old avatar wasn't cleaned out).

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Hi,