Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

  1. #1

    Default M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Hi Pentaxians,

    Are the M42 Auto-Takumar lenses readily available here in SG?

    I've just gotten my hands on a S1, thinking of using it for some B & W film work.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Hi Pentaxians,

    Are the M42 Auto-Takumar lenses readily available here in SG?

    I've just gotten my hands on a S1, thinking of using it for some B & W film work.

    Thanks in advance!
    Used to have a few in the 2nd hand shops around Peninisula. But don't see them nowsaday. Did saw one M42 screw mount 50mm f1.4 inside CamX in Peninsula Shopping Center yesterday.

    Good luck.

  3. #3

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Used to have a few in the 2nd hand shops around Peninisula. But don't see them nowsaday. Did saw one M42 screw mount 50mm f1.4 inside CamX in Peninsula Shopping Center yesterday.

    Good luck.
    Thanks for the info, that is one of the lens I'm looking for; also interested in the 100mm macro and a 35mm.

    Or are there other lenses that I shouldn't miss?

  4. #4
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Thanks for the info, that is one of the lens I'm looking for; also interested in the 100mm macro and a 35mm.

    Or are there other lenses that I shouldn't miss?
    Zenitar 16mm fisheye.

  5. #5

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Zenitar 16mm fisheye.
    Thanks and noted!

  6. #6
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Bro, why noy check out the eBay listings for Pentax manual lenses. Sooo many M42 lenses listed. With adaptors, there are lenses from other camera makers that can fit to M42 as well.
    Last edited by creampuff; 12th June 2007 at 11:13 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Bro, why noy check out the eBay listings for Pentax manual lenses. Sooo many M42 lenses listed. With adaptors, there are lenses from other camera makers that can fit to M42 as well.
    Yup, doing that, at the same time doing some research on the mount itself.

    But that can only go so far; first hand user testimony is invaluable.

    Most sites did recommend Asahi Pentax M42s though.

  8. #8

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Yup, doing that, at the same time doing some research on the mount itself.

    But that can only go so far; first hand user testimony is invaluable.

    Most sites did recommend Asahi Pentax M42s though.
    And those Super-Multi-Coated Takumar M42 lenses are simply the best imo. No one is making lens in that kind of standard anymore (even Canon L lenses can't compare)

  9. #9

    Default Re: M42 Auto-Takumar Lenses Availability

    for m42 lenses.. let me recommend zeiss jena lenses. super sharp and not very expensive. for portraits.. use the venerable russian helios 40 85mm f1.5.. the best bokeh ever.. pentax lenses are good for black and white. but on color i find them a tad oversaturated. gave my color film an over red color cast.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •