Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SH SCV prices increased!

Thumbs down SH SCV prices increased!

http://www.starhub.com/portal/site/S...00464114acRCRD

What if all subscribers boycott SCV, let them fold n another provider with a reasonable price come out again?

As usual, our pay haven't increase a bit, so many things started already. Stamps, SCV, foods etc... What is next? Transport fares, ERP etc... ???

Even with F1 coming to town, I doubt that we could gain any thing from it. Maybe we need to pay more as the race cars damage more lamp posts, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Account Suspended

Default Re: SH SCV prices increased!

Yeah, transport fares are the next in line.

its a very very bad increase.... $4 for basic + $10 for soccer.. damm SH... all EPL fans would have to pay extra $14/mth...$168/yr shldn't make the deal exclusive.. shld let singtel have a share and let consumers choose..

seriously thinking of terminating....

Arrow Re: SH SCV prices increased!

Well, the TV news will always find someone who agrees with the price hike.

There's also unhappiness of SH not allowing existing customers to get the Samsung 19" LCD TV as it is only for new customers.

https://secure.starhub.com/shop/jfn?...motionId=62495
    Last edited by xtemujin; 11th June 2007 at 11:47 PM.

subscribe a cheap broadband line, say singnet 3Mbps for S$43. after that go to those internet TV from all over the world. when subscriptions r low, i think SCV will get the idea. if my guess is correct, the increase is initiated by the authority, not SH or SCV themselves. u'll be surprise how much contolling is in place by our authority bodies across the many industries in s'pore. eg, the renewal period (21mths) of mobile contracts is imposed by IDA & not those telcos.

dun like it, try not to support it.

u guys error liao la...

wat will exactly happen is, after the whole singapore knows that there will be $4 increase in basic & $10 increase in soccer, everyone will complain and kbkp.

Then wat will happen is, they will say "we understand the public's concern with the current price increase and thus we hereby shall absorb half of the increase and the public pays only increase $2 for basic and $5 for soccer"

then wat will happen is, the poreans will think "ah...they actually listen to us, they are so nice people, lets continue to watch their soccer and entertainment"

BUT BUT BUT the thing is "in the end, they still manage to make an increase in price with the poreans thinking that they earn something out of the deal, and thinking that the company actually spare a thought for the public =_="

It happens allll the time.
    Last edited by kcuf2; 11th June 2007 at 11:55 PM.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

I am paying abt $55 for the following.

3 Basic + 3 Chinese channels + Sport.

So, if there is any increase in my 3 basic n 3 chinese, which I been paying abt $40, I will check whether I am under any contacts and if not, will try to stop some of the groups. For sport, not sure how as some time want to watch some live matches, seem like a waste without it.

Lucky thing is that I didn't subscribe for HD. Don't know what are they going to do with it in the end. $15 consider ex for a few channels. Really hopes Singtel can have their IPTV having more channels and better pricing. Starhub really makes us see stars liao, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

we're heading to be like switzerland, what do u expect?

me just downgraded to more basic plans...$40+

tomorrow will call up and cancel my scv

Buy Starhub share to hedge against the rise lor

Monopoly businesses.

Arrow Re: SH SCV prices increased!

We can kpkb and NATO or we can cancel our SH sports subscription.

fyi, sh staff get 3.5 months bonus.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 12th June 2007 at 12:22 AM.

well...companies are slowly adopting this tried and tested cannot go wrong method...

test water -> increase price -> people kpkb -> pacify abit -> people pacified -> profit -> repeat process after rest period of maybe 1 to 4 years.

One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Starhub has spent billions on systems that ultimately make our TV and broadband experience better, and with very little, if any at all, increase in price. I don't mind paying a little more for progress. When we start footing the bill for upgrades on the hybrid fibre-coaxial network so our upstream bandwidth can go from 100mbps to 1gbps while the world is still at 50mbps or so, then I'll start complaining about money not-well-spent. But until our network is advanced enough to even support 10mbps up at consumer prices, a little more dough for them to play with in R&D won't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    fyi, sh staff get 3.5 months bonus.
    but their basic very low one you know?

they have super high turn over rates do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Starhub has spent billions on systems that ultimately make our TV and broadband experience better, and with very little, if any at all, increase in price. I don't mind paying a little more for progress. When we start footing the bill for upgrades on the hybrid fibre-coaxial network so our upstream bandwidth can go from 100mbps to 1gbps while the world is still at 50mbps or so, then I'll start complaining about money not-well-spent. But until our network is advanced enough to even support 10mbps up at consumer prices, a little more dough for them to play with in R&D won't hurt
    billions? your dollar value from which year?

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    http://www.starhub.com/portal/site/S...00464114acRCRD

What if all subscribers boycott SCV, let them fold n another provider with a reasonable price come out again?

As usual, our pay haven't increase a bit, so many things started already. Stamps, SCV, foods etc... What is next? Transport fares, ERP etc... ???

Even with F1 coming to town, I doubt that we could gain any thing from it. Maybe we need to pay more as the race cars damage more lamp posts, haha!
    You know the game .... MONOPOLY ?
    Control the board and you win!
    always the Light, .... always.

sianz, my mom just told me about it... mine just subscription is about 110+ iirc... add set top x 3, then my father only know how to see the stupid book... blah blah... kaoz...

and the renewal plan suxs...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Not everything increases price, this one dun. Still 20 cents!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast