Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: recommend me a manual SLR

Originally posted by denizenx
    u might want to try the China phenix SLRs... about 200+ for a new body with 50mm... I trying to source for it..
    phenix or phoenix?

Wah piang you guys. All these talk about the good old MF stuff is making me want to give my old yashica a spin. And I kinda miss my K1000 too. Still remember the virgin shots I took with it. Sob sob... and yes, it had a broken meter.

Yellow Kiwi: hope u enjoy yr cam "after" yr exams.
    Juz went to Chinatown Heritage Centre 2 take photo using my 23 yrs old Canon Ftb. Wow, poses a challenge on your basic skill to operate a fully manual camera after using AF and program mode most of the time. Anyway, had lots of fun using such a basic camera with no automation at all. Nostalgic feeling........

Originally posted by Kho King
    In Singapore actually, yup...the exterior look is quite beat up, but just serviced by Nikon 6 months before he sold away the F3hp, so CLA and no problem. I was tempted at that time...but kind of tight on budget.

If using the manual camera for non-flash photography, F3hp is much prefered than FM2 (for me).
    I saw it before... original paint coating gone... but condition still good. I think he sold it below $500.

Originally posted by kg_yew
    Yellow Kiwi: hope u enjoy yr cam "after" yr exams.
    Juz went to Chinatown Heritage Centre 2 take photo using my 23 yrs old Canon Ftb. Wow, poses a challenge on your basic skill to operate a fully manual camera after using AF and program mode most of the time. Anyway, had lots of fun using such a basic camera with no automation at all. Nostalgic feeling........
    Same here, just finished a row of slides with my inherited 31year old Fujica ST-801. Was surprised that the metering and shutter timings are still accurate. Great sharp images too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234