Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gym members

Originally posted by Pegasus
    hello, you gay is it? Why go down to gym so often? The gym I went to have full of gays and they are there few times a week to look at guys and chit-chat. For those who gym, you know where lah. Which gym/s has the most guys? I'm not gay by the way.
    I'm not gay lah.
    Can't deny that because gyms are heavily frequent by gays. In UK and US, they even have gay clubs, gay gyms etc! Anyway, I usually go in to gyms, do my 45mins workout, and leave after that. Btw, gays are also humans too. Just that that are born with un-conventional thoughts, though no faults of them. I guess if they leave me alone, I have no problem with them.

For planet fitness did you have to bargain hard with them?? How'd you do it? I'm not good at such stuff so hope got tips... Do they have such packages for renewals or only for new members? Me think try out first so don't take such a long package like 3/4/5 years... initially not so economical but if I drop off won't waste all the money....

I hear California is always very packed leh....

Originally posted by NitroTech
    Planet Fitness. I paid S$2500 for 48 months. Thats about $53 a month. And i spread the payment out over a 12 month period(Citibank card).
    By the way is this your first membership at Planet fitness?

Default the art of bargaining

CFC have all sorts of packages at all sorts of prices..

same package---->diff sales ppl---> diff prices

IMO, decide for yourself what is the best deal. eg, mabee you are prepared to pay abt $30/mth. just stick to it, dun listen or shift your focus to other "better" packages that they recommend.

they will most prob ask you what budget you have in mind. while quoting your budget, they will prob be making an incredulous face at you. now you have to do this step simultanously while quoting ur budget. take out your wallet, and do FLASH out that PLASTIC or that THICK WAD OF CASH in your hand so that they can see it . do ignore whatever comments they are saying.

now, just look blur and say, "oh you mean $30/mth cannot ah?" just stand up and try to leave, i believe they will be pulling you back before you can even get out of the door.

Originally posted by Silverelf
    By the way is this your first membership at Planet fitness?
    Just like you, initially i just wanted to try it out so i went for a years' membership. Paid about $1000 for a year + a month free. So $1k for 13 mths ($77 a month). Then after my membership expired i took up the 4 year deal.

Unlike CFC, it's not very packed, though during peak hours there is sometimes a wait for the showers.

Can PM me if you need anymore info.

For those who go to gym often and do serious body-building, advice from my brother who is a doctor,

Intense physical activity eg. bodybuilding is not adviced in the current SARS crisis. This is because the intense exercise will suppress the immune function (related to the upper respiratory infection) even several days following the workout.

So for those who want to maintain their body shape and fitness during these period, do light only.
    Last edited by e_liau; 2nd April 2003 at 03:01 PM.

Originally posted by NitroTech
    Just like you, initially i just wanted to try it out so i went for a years' membership. Paid about $1000 for a year + a month free. So $1k for 13 mths ($77 a month). Then after my membership expired i took up the 4 year deal.

I guess my deal was slightly not so good, I signed up 12+4mths 'free' at a total of about 1350, so it comes down to about $82/mth. Just wondering how I can lower my costs in future as it will be quite shiong to sustain this for a long time... 82/mth still not THAT bad but the supposed full rate can die ah...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12