Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gym members

Default Gym members

Where do you train and how much do you pay for your subscriptions?

I hear that Gyms like California Fitness and Planet Fitness have a high level of flexibility to their membership plans.... very true?

Planet Fitness. I paid S$2500 for 48 months. Thats about $53 a month. And i spread the payment out over a 12 month period(Citibank card).

izux
    Guests

Singapore Sports Council's Clubfitt gym. Only $2.50 per visit.

bukit panjang neighbourhood park 5.. $0.00 per visit..

Originally posted by izux
    Singapore Sports Council's Clubfitt gym. Only $2.50 per visit.
    Yeah, i know but i go about 5 times a week so it adds up to about there. Plus it's not so packed.

California Fitness Gold Member - $1350 paid upfront (Citibank CC) for one year and get one year free. Roughly monthly fee about $56.00

You need hard bargain for CFC, I find all my friends paid different prices.
    W204FL

izux
    Guests

Originally posted by NitroTech
    Yeah, i know but i go about 5 times a week so it adds up to about there. Plus it's not so packed.
    5 TIMES a week?! Wont your body not have enough rest?

It depends on how you train. I also train 5 times a week when I'm over in UK and my hostel has a gym.

For such intensity traning, usually I'll be in the gym for ~45mins.
    Monday : Chest / Biceps / Forearms / Wrist
    Tuesday : Back / Triceps
    Wednesday : Rest Day
    Thursday : Shoulders /Abomen
    Friday : Legs
    Saturday : Running / Cycling
    Sunday : Rest Day

And with these major muscles groups, I'll just rotate and mix-match.
    Last edited by e_liau; 1st April 2003 at 01:45 PM.

Enuff rest lah. I sleep abt 8 hours a day so no problem. Yeah and as e_liau says , do splits and rotate muscle groups. And supplements important too.
    Last edited by NitroTech; 1st April 2003 at 01:41 PM.

Enuff rest lah. I sleep abt 8 hours a day so no problem. Yeah and as e_liau says , do splits and rotate muscle groups. And supplements important too.
    How true! Bodybuilding is just 3 things:- Serious exercises, sensible diet and adequate rest. Sure to grow muscles. If any of these are lacking, the muscles will not grow as anticipated.

Oh, NitroTech, are you working as a full-time professional sleeper? 8 hours of sleep a day is a luxury! How to apply?

Originally posted by e_liau
    How true! Bodybuilding is just 3 things:- Serious exercises, sensible diet and adequate rest. Sure to grow muscles. If any of these are lacking, the muscles will not grow as anticipated.

Oh, NitroTech, are you working as a full-time professional sleeper? 8 hours of sleep a day is a luxury! How to apply?
    Can..... knock off at 5pm(that is if no meetings etc etc). Reach home at 6pm. Makan, shower, watch tele, read and in bed by latest half 9 and wake up at 5am. It's possible. But there goes my social life....

Can..... knock off at 5pm(that is if no meetings etc etc). Reach home at 6pm. Makan, shower, watch tele, read and in bed by latest half 9 and wake up at 5am. It's possible. But there goes my social life....
    Huh, what social life?

You have gym equipment in your home?
    Hey, I also woke up at around 5am. I'll just pop down to my hostel's gym and spend 45mins exercising, before starting the day. That usually freashen up my day.

izux
    Guests

It depends on how you train. I also train 5 times a week when I'm over in UK and my hostel has a gym.

Maybe cos u were still studying, and the gym is easily accessible. But for others who are working, 5 times a week to the gym is seriously reducing alot of time for our social life, especially if u dont live anywhere near the gym. I'd say twice or thrice a week should be sufficient.

Huh, what social life?

You have gym equipment in your home?
    Hey, I also woke up at around 5am. I'll just pop down to my hostel's gym and spend 45mins exercising, before starting the day. That usually freashen up my day.
    I wish i had gym equipment in my house lah. But i wake up at 5 to go to the gym. Are you into serious bodybuilding or just for fitness? I am doing it for fitness only lah. Nothing too serious.....

I wish i had gym equipment in my house lah. But i wake up at 5 to go to the gym. Are you into serious bodybuilding or just for fitness? I am doing it for fitness only lah. Nothing too serious.....
    At one point, I was into serious bodybuilding. But now, I do it more for maintaining the shape. It really take commitments and discipline. I have sets of dumb-bells in Singapore and in my hostel in UK. I even have a few sets in my brother's home in US!

Maybe cos u were still studying, and the gym is easily accessible. But for others who are working, 5 times a week to the gym is seriously reducing alot of time for our social life, especially if u dont live anywhere near the gym. I'd say twice or thrice a week should be sufficient.
    Ok, I do agreed that 5 times a week is quite difficult for gym-ers who don't live/work near gym. But definitely working out 5 times a week is possible, and that's what prompt me to reply to your thread. Anyway, it still boils down to commitment and discipline.

Hmm....I am the laziest among all, at max I am going to gym two times a week. I can only make it at weekends only.
    W204FL

Pegasus
    Guests

But definitely working out 5 times a week is possible..
    hello, you gay is it? Why go down to gym so often? The gym I went to have full of gays and they are there few times a week to look at guys and chit-chat. For those who gym, you know where lah. Which gym/s has the most guys?

I'm not gay by the way.

I'm working. And the gym is near my work place which is NOT near my home. Yeah, it does eat into my social life (but i did manage to psycho my gf to work out with me ) so I make the best use of my weekends!!

Originally posted by Pegasus
    hello, you gay is it? Why go down to gym so often? The gym I went to have full of gays and they are there few times a week to look at guys and chit-chat. For those who gym, you know where lah. Which gym/s has the most guys?

I'm not gay by the way.
    Feed the troll!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast