• Gitzo tripods

156 28.01%
  • Non of the above

168 30.16%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which tripod?

Default Re: Which tripod?

Gitai tripods not bad also.
    $130 for one with a standard 4KG ballhead.

if you are in photography for the long term, then do invest in a good tripod....
    better than buying and upgrading later...
    Gitzo is not expensive due to its brand name, but really good...
    the new G lock can absorb shock and handle vibrations very well....
    go to a shop, use a finger to knock one of the legs, and see how well it handles vibrations...
    try it on a different brand.. and you will understand why people are so willing to shell out so much money on a Gitzo...

Hope to learn from everyone here....

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Go Benro show room and try out with your gear, should able get one around $90, but I would recommend you spend a bit more get the A300 or A350EX...
    I am currently considering the Benro 350-EX. Do you think it's sturdy enough for my 450D, 70-200 F4 lens and at the same time, compact for travelling? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888 View Post
    go to a shop, use a finger to knock one of the legs, and see how well it handles vibrations...
    try it on a different brand.. and you will understand why people are so willing to shell out so much money on a Gitzo...

OMG!!!

i hit my tripod with my little finger and my d50+afs44-200mm lens came crashing down

Guys,

Do you think Gitzo 1541 is good/stable enough for D700 + 70-200mm f/2.8 combo? I mainly use tripod for night scene & also when shooting aquariums.

Anyone tried both 1541 & 1541T? Are they equally stable or one is better than the other?

Cheers,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBen View Post
    Guys,

Do you think Gitzo 1541 is good/stable enough for D700 + 70-200mm f/2.8 combo? I mainly use tripod for night scene & also when shooting aquariums.

Anyone tried both 1541 & 1541T? Are they equally stable or one is better than the other?

Cheers,
    Ben
    Get at least a GT2531 for your setup.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Thanks for the note, bro.

Guess I have to do more research & not listen to the salesperson. Looks like everyone is pushing for 1541/1541T (which is rated to take 8kg of weight).

BTW, does Gitzo tripod comes with a carrying bag/case?

Cheers,
    Ben
    Last edited by UncleBen; 21st April 2009 at 08:41 AM.

a trpod will last for years.

So go for the best you can afford and throw in another 20%.

Never a tripod is only as useful as its head. There are people that buys a sturdy base for say 200 to 300 bugs but 600 for the head.

I am not kidding you. worth every cents according to him. I am beginning to agree.

I owns a 190proB with a 486 RC2. I will call this the most basic you should go. Go higher even better. again this is my base. A ted heavy but I am satisfied with it's firmness.

Now looking to upgrade head for more control, yes control, don't laugh that's not polite.

Bento has one that reverse fold. A very good idea for travelling. Most if not all Airline will allow photographic equipment hand luggage. But Tripod unlikely unless you can tuck it into cabin bag. Even then they may screen and require you to check in at gate.

BUY A GreAT tripod. It will stay with you for years and perform wonderfully as you command.

Hey guys, how about what tripod to recommend a photographer start out, using canon beginner dslr? Relatively cheap and stuff.. thanks.
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

slik 300dx or one of the benro a300s will do it, or get the fancier or gitai from mass sales

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    Hey guys, how about what tripod to recommend a photographer start out, using canon beginner dslr? Relatively cheap and stuff.. thanks.
    I recommend you to get Benro A200EX 0r A250EX with Ball head BH-0 that can hold 2.5kg load. Kit lens or 18-200mm and 100mm macro lens good enough.

Selling at $130 - $168 at Benphoto at Pennisula shopping centre.

See this:-
    http://www.benro.cn/ENbenro/AA_Produ...th%20BH%20Head

I just brought.
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

Thanks for the share dudes.
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

Hi guys,

Any recommendation for a 167cm girl with D90 + kit lens (may upgrade). Gitzo is good but way over my budget. Manfrotto seems like a safe bet but I read that some sold it away with the BH because it's heavy for travelling (my version of travelling = around singapore, not overseas.. Will it be too heavy for me to carry around? I know too heavy and I will want to leave it at home..

Appreciate your reply

Quote Originally Posted by sheiseha View Post
    Hi guys,

Any recommendation for a 167cm girl with D90 + kit lens (may upgrade). Gitzo is good but way over my budget. Manfrotto seems like a safe bet but I read that some sold it away with the BH because it's heavy for travelling (my version of travelling = around singapore, not overseas.. Will it be too heavy for me to carry around? I know too heavy and I will want to leave it at home..

Appreciate your reply
    I bought the Benro Travel Angel series from a CS advertiser. Believe it's a copy of the Gitzo Traveller series, hence folds really compact and light! You can check out specs and prices at Mass Sales. The 168 model I have is a tad short but shouldn't be a problem for your height. Definitely can support D90 with kit lens (which is a very light set-up). Used it to shoot fireworks and so far seems stable enough for my purpose.

Im getting myself the D90 kit (once it's back available on the market ).. thinking of getting a tripod too. What would be a good buy my future setup?

benro a300 or if no budget, fancier/gitai tripods

I have tried a few tripods in my life....first the "free" canon tripod....totally cannot make it...for PnS may be can. then the Manfrotto 190 also cannot make it, then the benro with their ballhead (KB1) I think....still terrible.....until now when I finally changed to the gitzo GT3541L and the kangrinpoche ball head then I am satisfied. Tripod is part 1 of the story....ball head is the part 2 of the story!

own benro A250, recommended to u....3 thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by tropiccana View Post
    own benro A250, recommended to u....3 thumbs up!
    Price?

Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    I recommend you to get Benro A200EX 0r A250EX with Ball head BH-0 that can hold 2.5kg load. Kit lens or 18-200mm and 100mm macro lens good enough.

Selling at $130 - $168 at Benphoto at Pennisula shopping centre.

See this:-
    http://www.benro.cn/ENbenro/AA_Produ...th%20BH%20Head

I just brought.
    Hi Stan, U got the same website in English??

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast