Thread: Sigma EX APO 70-200 f2.8 with Kenko Pro 2X, work well?

Default Sigma EX APO 70-200 f2.8 with Kenko Pro 2X, work well?

After battling with myself whether to get the 10D or not, I've narrowly convinced myself to stick to the D30. In a bid to divert my attention (hehe), I'm thinking of replacing my 80-200 f2.8. I'm using an old Tokina ATX 80-200 f2.8, and the optics are very good for the price, until I paired it with the Kenko Pro 2X TC. Results from Zoo and JBP shots are disappointing, contrast is bad and image is soft, CA is very prominent.

Now I'm thinking of getting the Sigma EX APO 70-200 f2.8, as a good mid-range telezoom and also to be used with the TC for long zoom. Has anyone tried this combi before? Care to comment on the results and compatibility? Thanks!

P.s. please do not suggest getting the L stuffs, I don't need pin sharpness, and if I have that kind of money I'd rather get a Sigma and a 10D. =)

It a good len... want to try it out?

hehheheee.........

you lend me one week to try out with my TC lor? heeheeeheheeee

Originally posted by Tweek
    you lend me one week to try out with my TC lor? heeheeeheheeee
    why not the other way rd?
    hheheheee..

It easier right? no need to carry the heavy len abt....

no no no...i'm the tester mah....

haha ok jokes aside, how, u can give me comments on the combi or not?

no no no...i'm the tester mah....

haha ok jokes aside, how, u can give me comments on the combi or not?
    Well had use it slightly for a brief moment and find that it work very well with the Sigma 70-200. Image is still sharp and colour wise look the same to mi.......not sure abt the others.

AOM?

I see...thank you hor Sir Btw AFST was quite fun, hehe.

AOM, yes. You still have the samples you took with that combi? If you can find, don't mind send me? thanks!

I see...thank you hor Sir Btw AFST was quite fun, hehe.

AOM, yes. You still have the samples you took with that combi? If you can find, don't mind send me? thanks!
    HEeheee.....

Idun think I have it anymore... it only abt 5-6and I dun like the pic..so del liao! sigh.. too bad.......

Maybe next timegoshooting then let you try? or better still..... just go get the len!