Thread: Sanyo charger with Powerex 2700MaH rechargeables?

Default Sanyo charger with Powerex 2700MaH rechargeables?

I would like to charge my powerex rechargeables with the sanyo charger i just bought, but according to the Sanyo charger's manual sanyo charger can only charge sanyo batts; if i were to charge other brands of rechargeables, damage or explosion may occur???

Is this true? i thought that any NiHM charger can charge any brand of NiHM rechargeables....

Pls advice!

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Sanyo charger with Powerex 2700MaH rechargeables?

Using this combo.

No problems.

The only complain i can make is if the powerex are totally drained - they take DAMN LONG to get fully charged.

Quote Originally Posted by xjxjxj View Post
    I would like to charge my powerex rechargeables with the sanyo charger i just bought, but according to the Sanyo charger's manual sanyo charger can only charge sanyo batts; if i were to charge other brands of rechargeables, damage or explosion may occur???

Is this true? i thought that any NiHM charger can charge any brand of NiHM rechargeables....

Pls advice!

Thanks in advance!
    They say that cos they want you to buy sanyo batteries. Sanyo is not the only one.
    Anyway, I'm charging my powerex and eneloops and whatever NiMH batteries I have with my sanyo charger, no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by genegoh View Post
    They say that cos they want you to buy sanyo batteries. Sanyo is not the only one.
    Anyway, I'm charging my powerex and eneloops and whatever NiMH batteries I have with my sanyo charger, no problems at all.
    same here...

charge sanyo, sony, eng, powerex, etc...

so long if its NiMH batt, can charge...

Hi,
    i charge my pawerex using the sony charger "cyber energy". according to the sony manual, it is 15min to full charge a sony 2500MaH.
    but according to some of my friends, it will shorten my battery lifespan. anybody here got this info or got this charger with powerex battery?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xjxjxj View Post

Pls advice!

Thanks in advance!
    I have the Sanyo Charger with the refresh function. I also charge my:
    eneloops
    Energizers
    Camelions
    PowerExs
    Sanyos
    OEM Brand from Hong Kong

So far no issues.

I also use the GP 15 mins charger for the above batteries.

I have the Sanyo Charger with the refresh function. I also charge my:

OEM Brand from Hong Kong
    hi felixcat8888, I also bought some OEM bats from Hong Kong. So far have charge a few times already but still can't get full charge out of it. The charger (with refresh) you bought is about how much?

Thinking of buying a smart charger but normally these are quite expensive

Quote Originally Posted by koshinki View Post
    Hi,
    i charge my pawerex using the sony charger "cyber energy". according to the sony manual, it is 15min to full charge a sony 2500MaH.
    but according to some of my friends, it will shorten my battery lifespan. anybody here got this info or got this charger with powerex battery?

thanks
    Using fast charger will overheated the battery. It can result on shorter lifespan. Use slow charger whenever time is on your side. Slow charger is better than fast charger.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by wahgongzai View Post
    hi felixcat8888, I also bought some OEM bats from Hong Kong. So far have charge a few times already but still can't get full charge out of it. The charger (with refresh) you bought is about how much?

Thinking of buying a smart charger but normally these are quite expensive
    The refresh Charger came together with 2pcs 2500 NiMh batteries. Think I got it for $40 plus additional 2pcs 2500 NiMH back in 2005 when I got my S2IS from M S Color.

Really worth it. Used the Refresh function to drain the battereis and then fully charge them, as my friend got them from me and told me that 1 out of 4 will normally fail. tried this method and he did not have to keep going back to HK to change them every now and then.

Cheers...

the Sanyo charger should be able to charge other brand of batteries, but this charger cater for 2500 mAh NiMh batteries, will it give a full charge to 2700 mAh batteries? For this I'm not sure.

I using the Powerex MA-401FS charger for all my NiMh batteries including the 2700mAh, and I like this charger, btw, I find the Sanyo batteries are hopeless, have twenty over pieces of them, none of them can hold their charge for a few days.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the Sanyo charger should be able to charge other brand of batteries, but this charger cater for 2500 mAh NiMh batteries, will it give a full charge to 2700 mAh batteries? For this I'm not sure.

I using the Powerex MA-401FS charger for all my NiMh batteries including the 2700mAh, and I like this charger, btw, I find the Sanyo batteries are hopeless, have twenty over pieces of them, none of them can hold their charge for a few days.
    So far so good for my PowerExs.

I'm using Sanyo charger with Powerex 2700Mah batts. Threw away my Sanyo batts long time ago... hahaha

Mine is the other way round, Sanyo batts on powerex charger... works fine with me...

The refresh Charger came together with 2pcs 2500 NiMh batteries. Think I got it for $40 plus additional 2pcs 2500 NiMH back in 2005 when I got my S2IS from M S Color
    thanks felixcat8888, will be going down sim lim tower and sim lim to look for it.