Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where is BOBMAN?

Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

Quote Originally Posted by zapline View Post
    PS: Dear Bobman, I do not know you personally, and this is not a sabotage... just want to help those pple... Like what Sion mentioned, perhaps the valley between the mountains has no wireless connection, so this would be useful to these csers to find you... cheers!
    I think someone mentioned that you can also see Bob in a group shot with a Bangadash photographer in www.offstone.com. posted quite a while ago.

Woah! Suddenly our Bob is becoming so famous liao!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you better stay out of this, before you kena flame left right center plus in front and behind.
    Satay kena flame is like Mee Siam Mai Hum.

Hey guys,

I am back after some kaki told me about this thread. Incognito, it seems that you wanna to play dirty this time as I mentioned to you that I will deposit your 100 after my wedding shoot. When you sign for my shoot and you postponed it because you need to travel overseas and I was left with one participants missing. Later I arrange shoots after shoot and you said you can't make it, first you apologise then you became nasty that your want your money back urgently just because some guy screwed up my shoot.

However, I shall not dwell into the matter over and over again. Anyway, I use 5D and L lenses for weddings and I do shoot average of 4 weddings a month. Those camera are rented and the couple only paid me angpows at this moment. Who is going to pay anyone if you do not have works to show, I am merely building my portfolios and for those thinking I am earning alot, don't start flaming again. In fact I am fortunate to photograph side by side with some good photographers and I picked up some tips from them.

Occasionally, for the past 3 months, I had been refunding money to many of the participants, anyway it dosesn't matter whether you want to believe it of not. I will not argue further, cause there is no use. Do whatever you want with me the most you can have what I have only left..................my life.

I am not angry with anyone even with contaxable, in fact I am grateful to him that without him, I can never find great joy in doing wedding photography. As now I am start charging, here again, people starts ruining it. That's life. I have only a few more participants to refund and I am done with this sort of thing.

Sorry contaxable, since you are so much richer, you can wait for your turn to come later. Let me pay those who needs money urgently.

With that, I wish you all good health and take care. I am still continuing refunding to the participants .......

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    I want to clarify a few things

1) CS will assist in any police investigation case. It doesn't mean it has to be a lawsuit isn't it?

2) Everything needs black and white. It doesn't matter if its CS or SG Police. Without black and white, things are considered non official.

3) Did anyone even notice Bobman is not even organising and posting model shoots ? Did it come across anyone's mind why is that so?

4) All posts are retained for record purposes. Any member who wishes to file a police investigation case and need CS help, please feel free to contact me or Darren.

I hope I have explained very clearly on how and what CS can help in such cases.

Jason, why am I not organising and posting model shoots? Why? Because I had learnt my lessons and I lost so much that I am not being called a con or cheat or whatever and also lost my heart......

Jason, why am I not organising and posting model shoots? Why? Because I had learnt my lessons and I lost so much that I am being called a con or cheat or whatever and also lost my heart......
    Last edited by Bobman; 10th June 2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Its being called not not being called ......

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe he has a new definition for "free"?

His price is very competitive leh. Lucky I don't shoot weddings.
    Sion, no choice. If I price high I couldn't get a job or rental the equipment. I had to price it low so that at least I am able to make some money for my meal and for the refund. So how?

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    anyone tried calling him with that number? very interested to hear what happened.
    What do you like to know? I will tell you.....

He even threatened the nude models he would submit their nude shots to chinese press for gossip talk. That's how lowly he gets

This statement is said by contaxable. My friend, you dare to say this to the police? Lets meet up at the police station and you present this to the police and with the model involve.

You don't have to lie after lie about anything. I dare to swear that I don't do such a thing, do you dare to swear as well???? How pathetic but I forgive you.

Jason, if you can why not make this a police case and let the truth surface. I am willing to go to any police station with you and contaxable and the model involved.

OK, guys....it seems that the people speaking in this thread except contaxable and incognito are involved in the photoshoot. How strange, how funny......

Back to my photos and after collecting some payment from the couple, I can least refund some guys.

Goodbye but I will still be around. Don't worry, I won't run away...............

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Sion, no choice. If I price high I couldn't get a job or rental the equipment. I had to price it low so that at least I am able to make some money for my meal and for the refund. So how?
    Build up a great portfolio and hopefully can charge higher for future clients. Many people start up this route like you.

Do you need to use 5D for wedding? Sometimes I still use my 6mp 10D for my international stock shots. If the content is what the buyers want they'll buy. They don't bother whether it's 6mp, 8mp or 10mp. Only amateurs like us fuss about such thing.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Sion; 10th June 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Build up a great portfolio and hopefully can charge higher for future clients. Many people start up this route like you.

Do you need to use 5D for wedding? Sometimes I still use my 6mp 10D for my international stock shots. If the content is what the buyers want they'll buy. They don't bother whether it's 6mp, 8mp or 10mp. Only amateurs like us are fuss about such thing.

Best of luck!

Thank you sir, remember I am a wedding wannabe so hear say hear say 5d good, so rent it. I will try 20d in my next shoot. Lower cost of rental and have more to pay others

Hey Bobman ... and any others interested.

I don't sit on either side of the fence about the current discussion ......

But as far as weding photography is concerned; I have processed many photo's for a varied number of photogs.

Their cameras range from 300D to 400D to 30D to D70 to D200 etc ...many variations.

What I notice that make one stand out over the others is...

Creativity.

Composition.

Lighting.

Some times the Ohhhh efect (can't explain that one other than good PS work).

Bottom line.... you don't need to buy or rent the most expensive gear, just develop technique and a good eye.

Just my thoughts....

Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Jason, if you can why not make this a police case and let the truth surface. I am willing to go to any police station with you and contaxable and the model involved.
    you paying for it? since this is a civil case.

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    you paying for it? since this is a civil case.
    since the case doesnt involve u, i guess everyone would be glad that u just keep ur hands off.

my signature is for ppl such as u. this not the first time.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hey Bobman ... and any others interested.

I don't sit on either side of the fence about the current discussion ......

But as far as weding photography is concerned; I have processed many photo's for a varied number of photogs.

Their cameras range from 300D to 400D to 30D to D70 to D200 etc ...many variations.

What I notice that make one stand out over the others is...

Creativity.

Composition.

Lighting.

Some times the Ohhhh efect (can't explain that one other than good PS work).

Bottom line.... you don't need to buy or rent the most expensive gear, just develop technique and a good eye.

Just my thoughts....

Cheers
    well said, pablo.

vince123123
    Guests

There are many many threads and cases that don't involve most people - the fact that it is in a publicly accessible forum means anyone is free to comment on it - until the administrators or moderators say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    since the case doesnt involve u, i guess everyone would be glad that u just keep ur hands off.

Arrow Re: Where is BOBMAN?

I concur, this is an open forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    There are many many threads and cases that don't involve most people - the fact that it is in a publicly accessible forum means anyone is free to comment on it - until the administrators or moderators say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post

why then do you act like one - oxymoron

Many people who are not directly invloved in this case have commented because they have known and heard of Bob in and out of CS.

Bob is a celebrity with a cult following. If there is anyone who can make mountains move it's him.
    Last edited by Sion; 10th June 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Wow,

There seem to be a big lot of people reading this thread.

Many also appear to be giving input.

Some don't appear to be into welding .... (work that one out )
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom View Post
    why then do you act like one - oxymoron
    oh yes, i m glad u are another one that fits into my signature.

Bobman over here is already trying his best & doing wat he can to make up for the loss. And he is already appearing here to give his side of his story to ensure that he is not giving anyone the impression that he is avoiding the problem.

we are one community that is keen on one thing: photography. yet we have a person here that come in and enquire who footing the legal cost and watsoever. I DUN wan to see fellow photographers having the need to resort to legal means to settle their problem, and of course MUCH LESS the need for flame baits.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast