Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105

Thread: Where is BOBMAN?

  1. #1

    Default Where is BOBMAN?

    can anyone please let me know any contact of Bobman? he's not responding anymore from his phone # 81369676. and can anyone please advise his real name? let me know in PM please. thanks!

  2. #2

    Smile Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    beats me. not that i care.

    Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    can anyone please let me know any contact of Bobman? he's not responding anymore from his phone # 81369676. and can anyone please advise his real name? let me know in PM please. thanks!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Prob not the wisest idea to come in and ask for contacts like this. Best you can do is to ask someone who knows him to come and contact you instead.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    can anyone please let me know any contact of Bobman? he's not responding anymore from his phone # 81369676. and can anyone please advise his real name? let me know in PM please. thanks!
    From his last posting, Bobman indicated he was busy shooting 5-6 weddings each month and he was enjoying every bit of it. I believe he is busy in his schedule. I hadnt received a penny since he last promised publicly to pay me and the rest of the 25 people whom he owed $400, plus scores of debt collected from Clubsnap members, equipment dealers, pub owner and several individuals who PMed me.

    I heard with his new 5D, 1 series camera and L lenses, he is making good pictures to help couples capture lovely moments.

    Perhaps he should be making enough soon to repay us soon. Perhaps he is a good man afterall with a kind heart.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    oh no, not again. Good luck guys!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    www.whltelightphotographer.com
    Posts
    1,834

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Yes good luck, god bless.

  7. #7
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Oh my....

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    From his last posting, Bobman indicated he was busy shooting 5-6 weddings each month and he was enjoying every bit of it. I believe he is busy in his schedule. I hadnt received a penny since he last promised publicly to pay me and the rest of the 25 people whom he owed $400, plus scores of debt collected from Clubsnap members, equipment dealers, pub owner and several individuals who PMed me.

    I heard with his new 5D, 1 series camera and L lenses, he is making good pictures to help couples capture lovely moments.

    Perhaps he should be making enough soon to repay us soon. Perhaps he is a good man afterall with a kind heart.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    From his last posting, Bobman indicated he was busy shooting 5-6 weddings each month and he was enjoying every bit of it. I believe he is busy in his schedule. I hadnt received a penny since he last promised publicly to pay me and the rest of the 25 people whom he owed $400, plus scores of debt collected from Clubsnap members, equipment dealers, pub owner and several individuals who PMed me.

    I heard with his new 5D, 1 series camera and L lenses, he is making good pictures to help couples capture lovely moments.

    Perhaps he should be making enough soon to repay us soon. Perhaps he is a good man afterall with a kind heart.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Do discreetly and got your money back.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    suggest u ask ask his all gd friends and kahkis here
    think they will be able to help u
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    There is such a thing as unfair contract terms.
    Meaning one takes money from others without performing the service or giving the product promised and there is a list of unfair terms stating situations where one gets to keep their money and not return it.

    From past messages by various forum members and even the admin, there seems to be differing opinions of said person.

    The amount of money in question on an individual basis is not so big that people will take stern action or make it police case or escalate it to national newspapers with said person's photo shown to all.

    I have read the past exchange of messages and am at a loss as to why said person's actions are tolerated officially.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 9th June 2007 at 09:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    From his last posting, Bobman indicated he was busy shooting 5-6 weddings each month and he was enjoying every bit of it. I believe he is busy in his schedule. I hadnt received a penny since he last promised publicly to pay me and the rest of the 25 people whom he owed $400, plus scores of debt collected from Clubsnap members, equipment dealers, pub owner and several individuals who PMed me.

    I heard with his new 5D, 1 series camera and L lenses, he is making good pictures to help couples capture lovely moments.

    Perhaps he should be making enough soon to repay us soon. Perhaps he is a good man afterall with a kind heart.
    Either that or you can find Bob sitting between two mountains meditating about life.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    Do discreetly and got your money back.
    Hi airforce1

    No use. Discreet or non discreet, he wouldnt pay. He even promised a $50 a month installment, but he did not fulfill. Instead, he spent our money on camera gears to make money since he had shifted his paradigm of lust.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    suggest u ask ask his all gd friends and kahkis here
    think they will be able to help u
    Hi EOW

    Do PM me who are his kahkis here. Perhaps they can help.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    There is such a thing as unfair contract terms.
    Meaning one takes money from others without performing the service or giving the product promised and there is a list of unfair terms stating situations where one gets to keep their money and not return it.

    From past messages by various forum members and even the admin, there seems to be differing opinions of said person.

    The amount of money in question on an individual basis is not so big that people will take stern action or make it police case or escalate it to national newspapers with said person's photo shown to all.

    I have read the past exchange of messages and am at a loss as to why said person's actions are tolerated officially.
    could he be mistaken for?
    as i thought he always got his reason for not able to pay up?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  16. #16

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Hi EOW

    Do PM me who are his kahkis here. Perhaps they can help.
    be patience matter of time they will surface sooner or later.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    There is such a thing as unfair contract terms.
    Meaning one takes money from others without performing the service or giving the product promised and there is a list of unfair terms stating situations where one gets to keep their money and not return it.

    From past messages by various forum members and even the admin, there seems to be differing opinions of said person.

    The amount of money in question on an individual basis is not so big that people will take stern action or make it police case or escalate it to national newspapers with said person's photo shown to all.

    I have read the past exchange of messages and am at a loss as to why said person's actions are tolerated officially.
    Hi ricoflex,

    Appreciate your inputs here. The quantum of money involved is not just a few hundred dollars for some. Branded studio lightings cost >$5k per equipment dealers here who kena the scam. An individual who paid him $5k cash to invest in his studio. An notable individual here who invested $2k in his darkroom setup. Plus 25 x $400 for 1 workshop, plus "x" number of people who signed up for fake shoots, plus >$1k of unpaid drinks at a pub at beach road, plus nude models fee whom he did not pay after completing the shoots. He even threatened the nude models he would submit their nude shots to chinese press for gossip talk. That's how lowly he gets.

    A logic here why almost no one here dare stand against him is because of ricebowl. Many photogs here do make some pocket monies by taking photography as a freelance job. They would rather write it off as bad debt than to allow Bobman disturb them at their work place or as freelancers in the hobby.

    And, since there is no tangible contract with signature, the case can get abit tricky here in cyberspace.

    When I asked Bobman last November for his real name during one of the kopi sessions (which I paid for), he shook his head to indicate he had no name. I asked him for his surname, he shook his head again with his eyes squinting. When I asked where he stayed, he raised his right hand and pointed backwards towards Indonesia without uttering a word. My internal fraud alarm bell sounded off to say con man! At that time, it was too late as I just handed him part of the cash deposit. During the next session, I brought him out for dinner to really nail down a date for the workshop by his so called overseas instructor. He started spewing vulgarities at certain CS members here whom he claimed played him out. He mentioned he needed more people to join. I asked him how many he needed to start the workshop, he did not answer.

    Then when I exposed him, he publicly disclosed there are over 20 people who signed up for the workshop and had already paid him! With 25x$400, he had more than enough money to fly an instructor + OSM over, rent a porsh studio and still have spare money for his 5D, 1 series plus L zooms. But he chose to walk away as he thought the thread posting for the workshop at Clubsnap was deleted and there is no evidence. But he forgot that the deleted posting about his workshops is backed up and deleted threads are can be retreived for court hearing or police investigations.

    Well, the official personnel in this forum had reassured me they would assist anyone with Bobman's details on thread posting if there is a court order. But to file a lawsuit, it cost >$5k. Good money after bad money actually.

    Perhaps he is really doing good by providing good OSM shoots for members here to enjoy. But at what cost may we ask?

    Cheers to a good weekend.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Either that or you can find Bob sitting between two mountains meditating about life.
    Hi Sion

    Name me the mountain, I will fly a mission troop to hunt him down.

    Thanks for cracking up the mood here, my friend.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    Loser bears legal fees.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  20. #20

    Default Re: Where is BOBMAN?

    bobman again ?? haha

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •