Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Photographers, good & bad

Default Re: Wedding Photographers, good & bad

personally, i'll leave it to the couples whether they wan to entertain their friends or not.

however, being their photographer, i also wan their photos to turn out nice. i'll advice them if it's those "get the couple drunk" kind of tekan, that the photos will show.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Firstly apologies for posting at the wrong folder thread.

My question starts as an curiosity. There's always 1 bad apple in whole basket of good ones.
    It is because of tht "black face" photographer tht leave a deep bad impression tht i post this thread to see yr opinions. Like Eiken said, there may be a behind story between the couple & the photographer thts why the "black face" is shown. So that's something i do not know.

For close friends during wedding dinner, my opinion for "ta kan" is something have to go through, thts why there are BROTHERS for. hehe... Time management of course the issue. As i has said, "there are better ones, who smile, speak nicely... ok lah" - these are commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by linkyfinisto View Post

My question starts as an curiosity. There's always 1 bad apple in whole basket of good ones.
    It is because of tht "black face" photographer tht leave a deep bad impression tht i post this thread to see yr opinions. Like Eiken said, there may be a behind story between the couple & the photographer thts why the "black face" is shown. So that's something i do not know.

For close friends during wedding dinner, my opinion for "ta kan" is something have to go through, thts why there are BROTHERS for. hehe... Time management of course the issue. As i has said, "there are better ones, who smile, speak nicely... ok lah" - these are commendable.
    as always. the coin has 2 sides.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

For close friends during wedding dinner, my opinion for "ta kan" is something have to go through, thts why there are BROTHERS for.
    are you a male or female? your profile says female but the way you write ... just curious

hey, u female or male?

ur profile states tat u're a female and here u are, stating that u're a guy?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I do agree with knoxknocks and Max 2.8. Not all photographers are like that, and it's very very irresponsible to make sweeping statements like these.

For me, it depends on how many tables on that wedding night, and the entire progress. If the 'tekan' session is too long, I'll let the couples/helpers/brothers know and they should be able to make the arrangement with their 'kakis' to carry on with the 'tekan' sessions later. In most, if not all of the cases, the guests will gladly understand and obliged, as they'll have more time with the couples later.

If this still doesn't work, what I'll do is smile and explain politely that the couples still have to make their rounds for photography, and that they can come back to them later, with me taking more photos of the couples' 'being-tekaned' faces.

No need to exchange 'blows' of this kind with the guests in my point of view. It's just not my style. Anyway, it's a joyous occasion for both the couple and their guests.

Is this troll bait ?

All most any experience wedding photographer should have better EQ than that. It is a service related job. I "hear" a lot of what you want to do here and not too much if the bride and groom are of the same mind as you were. It sounds a lot like you are unhappy about being denied your way. Not every couple wants to be saboed so excessively. The grooms that want to do drink challenges normally come back after the family and well less playfull guests have gone home for a private fun session. These are opportunties for slice of moment shots which will test your abiltites and fun time for any good photog.

Hi, i've been to serveral wedding dinners recently. Have found out something rgds to the wedding photographers. It have me wondering.
    When going round table by table for photo taking. Do they all say the same thing "Take photo first, sorry still got other table to take, later then play... (something similar)" I do understand their meaning. But sometimes, it will tend to spoil the fun when wanting to "ta kan" the groom. But wondering, is this a common practice.

There is once incident, feel like slapping the photographer. No politeness, like we owe him money. Black face throughout the wedding. Demand us to take photo first, then say "play later lah" in a harsh tone. I pity the couple, cos the photographer cause the wedding to look ugly. Heard from friends, in the morning, he already give "piss off" face.
    Of course there are better ones, smile, speak nicely... ok lah.

So to all wedding photographers, may i know wht is yr mindset towards services for wedding couples. Other then fault with the photographers, which kind of "jia lar" customer u experiences and hate.
    Actually it makes me wonder a little, even after attending so many wedding dinner where I see friends of the wedded couple making them drink nasty concoctions during their wedding dinner, making the groom all tipsy and drunk, downing glass after glass of hard liquour, wine, beer like it is some plain water, all in the so-called name of 'fun'.

And usually when the entire gang of table makes the groom down glasses and glasses of hard liquour, when someone within the table gets married, the groom 'takes revenge' by making the chap down even more. And the vicious cycle never ends, all in the silly name of 'having fun'.

Any wedded ppl here care to shed some light on this extremely dumb practice? It used to be 'ppl come late', now its 'liquour sabotage' what's next?

vince123123
    Guests

Do you notice all the "fun" is always centred around saboing the groom? The bride almost never gets saboed.

Gender inequality?

And I always trouble understanding why the happiest day of the groom must result in himself being saboed and acting like a clown to entertain the other wedding guests. Often its the friends of the bride who do that - if they want to sabo, why not sabo the bride? LOL

Anyway saboing of anyone on their hapiest day is a realyl twisted and warped view of entertainment. The same goes for saboing of classmates on their birthday. Maybe these pple think that since its their friends' happy day, they can get away with anything.
    Last edited by vince123123; 10th June 2007 at 01:47 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

OMG, you got deregistered with this statement!

Quote Originally Posted by bilalbz View Post
    I cant help but say "Welcome to Singapore". what do you expect? politeness? courtesy? manners? haha wrong country my friend. As to the mindsets of the wedding photographer's here, its the same mindset as any cheap merchant/labour: get over with the job ASAP and get paid, doesnt matter how the product/service turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    OMG, you got deregistered with this statement!
    Wow. That's moderation?

I dont shoot wedding dinner much so I am talking more from a layman point of view..

Yes yes, there are "brothers" who think that tekan the wedding couple is a mandatory process to go thru, but on the other hand, there are also many others who are relatives and friends, many are uncles and aunties with children who want to leave the place b4 10.30pm.. if you decided to go nuts and drag the couples for half an hour during round the table process, there is no guarantee that the couples will be able to finish every tables b4 the guests leave.

If that happens, it's the parents of the couples who will have black-black face instead, do you think brothers are more important in the wedding dinner or the parents? If the brothers are considerate enuff, they should not tekan the couple in the round the table process unless they keep it very short. Can always wait until the couples finish taking pics with all tables.

While there are good & bad photographers around, there also bound to be plenty of good and bad guests attending a wedding dinner. Some inconsiderate "brothers" who try to showoff their creativity to the extreme during the tekan process at wedding dinner without considering that it might spoil the most important day of the couples are among the worst.

In my brother wedding dinner recently, he was tekan by the brothers until completely drunk b4 the wedding dinner ended. Yeah, the brothers are very happy, but I know that my parents are not and his wife probably not very impressed by the incident..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by bilalbz View Post
    I cant help but say "Welcome to Singapore". what do you expect? politeness? courtesy? manners? haha wrong country my friend. As to the mindsets of the wedding photographer's here, its the same mindset as any cheap merchant/labour: get over with the job ASAP and get paid, doesnt matter how the product/service turns out.
    Since so many tekan already, I might as well join in

One thing sadder than "Ugly Singaporean" , is to see another saying so
    I've spent most of my life living overseas, Texas, Australia, South Korea etc... must say, I'm proud to be Singaporean. And mind you, other countries are not exactly "Pretty", just replace the word with any country, and it will fit well too, we are all just human. Put our "foreign talent" to test, don't pay much, live in the high pressure society like any one of us here, and you will see the "Ugly Foreigner" shining through as well When I was living in USA, the Singaporeans were the most well-liked people, amongst people from Middle-east, Spain, Portugal, Germany etc... surprising? Not really lah. When we live elsewhere with less pressure, our beauty within shines like supernova Wa lao, spend so much lines talking kok...

Back on track, to each his/her own. There are good and bad, eat the chicken and spit the bone, if you choose to swallow it, I can only say "There's no medication to cure fools". Just use common sense, obviously some people don't have (bloody robots), take pride in your work, your craft and your artistry. Your photos posted in your website are very good, don't know what made you so bitter in life. Just...Good luck and hope things become better for you in future.

Deregistered

Do you notice all the "fun" is always centred around saboing the groom? The bride almost never gets saboed.

Gender inequality?

And I always trouble understanding why the happiest day of the groom must result in himself being saboed and acting like a clown to entertain the other wedding guests. Often its the friends of the bride who do that - if they want to sabo, why not sabo the bride? LOL

Anyway saboing of anyone on their hapiest day is a realyl twisted and warped view of entertainment. The same goes for saboing of classmates on their birthday. Maybe these pple think that since its their friends' happy day, they can get away with anything.
    Its people's way of saying "Hallo, wake up your idea, you fool!" for making the mistake of marrying....hehe Just kidding la, don't tekan me also, ok?
    Last edited by nikontiger; 10th June 2007 at 11:02 AM.

Gender inequality?

Hmm.... I start to know why at least 1 or 2 of my friends who marry banned alcohol of all kinds in his wedding.

Gender inequality?

not really, I ever photograph bride puke during the line up.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12