Thread: View from the top

Default View from the top

these photos were taken at my friend's post ROM reception at Equinox..

Tv: 0.600 s
    Av: f/2.0
    CCD width: 7.11mm
    Flash used: No
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Focal length: 7.2mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
    Camera model: Canon PowerShot G3

Tv: 0.800 s
    Av: f/2.2
    Focal length: 9.1mm (35mm equivalent: 46mm)

Tv: 1.300 s
    Av: f/2.5
    Focal length: 7.2mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)

pls let ur comments flow.. i noe they're not the best of nite shots around but pls help me improve.. thanks..

p/s: does anyone noe how to show the photos from imagestation in a bigger size?
    Last edited by Linkster; 31st March 2003 at 04:32 PM.

pls feel free to say watever u think of these photos.. u can be as nasty as possible coz i'm ready to listen to watever comments that u might have..

i guess these photos must have been so lousy that the 61 viewers had fainted juz by looking at them thus rendering them unable to provide any comments!

really nothing to say ah?

i like the 3rd one, but i think the rest are just a tad too dark.
    Try to use smaller appertures and longer shutter speeds, but I guess you didn't have a tripod that day? Great effort anyway.

also it would be better if the pictures were a bit bigger.

hmmm maybe don try to include so many things? but zoom in on something more specific? have a more obvious subject

Originally posted by thoa_rs
    i like the 3rd one, but i think the rest are just a tad too dark.
    Try to use smaller appertures and longer shutter speeds, but I guess you didn't have a tripod that day? Great effort anyway.

also it would be better if the pictures were a bit bigger.
    i thought the smaller the f-number, the larger the aperture? i used f2.0-f2.5 for the shots and it's the smallest f-number i can get from my G3.. how do i overcome this problem?

i was using a tripod actually..

i can't make the size of the pics bigger.. they appear as they are when i linked them over from www.imagestation.com .. and there's nothing i can do to change their sizes leh.. my orginal sizes are 1600x1200 pixels.. anybody noes how to solve this problem?

u can view my original shots here..

thanks for your time and comments, thoa_rs..

Originally posted by weg
    hmmm maybe don try to include so many things? but zoom in on something more specific? have a more obvious subject
    alrite.. will try that out next time.. (if i get the chance to go up there again that is.. )

but i was thinking of taking shots of the general nite scene in singapore at that point in time..

Originally posted by Linkster
    alrite.. will try that out next time.. (if i get the chance to go up there again that is.. )

but i was thinking of taking shots of the general nite scene in singapore at that point in time..
    Hi Linkster,
    I think thoa_rs was trying to say use a smaller aperture,
    that means a bigger f-stop number (eg: 11). That will allow longer time for your cam to absorb more light, hence may
    turn out brighter. Next time try a few shots with various aperture
    2, 5.6, 11 and see the difference yourself.
    But looks like you didn't have a tripod with you,
    so there are limitations.

Originally posted by Linkster
    i thought the smaller the f-number, the larger the aperture? i used f2.0-f2.5 for the shots and it's the smallest f-number i can get from my G3.. how do i overcome this problem?

i was using a tripod actually..

i can't make the size of the pics bigger.. they appear as they are when i linked them over from www.imagestation.com .. and there's nothing i can do to change their sizes leh.. my orginal sizes are 1600x1200 pixels.. anybody noes how to solve this problem?

u can view my original shots here..

thanks for your time and comments, thoa_rs..
    Yeah, mahler just explained what I meant.
    I guess the problem then lies in your apperture, try to use small appertures (big F stops) for maximum depth of field clarity next time.

thanks! will definitely try it out next time..