Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

  1. #1

    Default ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation
    20th - 31st July @ Gallery ( The Arts House )

    Witness the history of a nation through the lenses of two phenomenal photographers.
    Israel has been dominated, since its foundation in 1948, by struggle. It remains one of the most enduring and explosive of all the world’s regions but it has also achieved miracles both in absorbing millions of new immigrants and in developing both agriculture and technology to an impressive degree. Working as photojournalists from the beginning and throughout this period of dramatic change, both Paul Goldman and David Rubinger were able to document and record some of the most significant moments in the country’s history.
    You are invited to discover a different side of Israel, through photography and films. Classic movies from the formative period of Israel will be screened throughout the exhibition.
    For updates on film screenings, check
    http://www.theartshouse.com.sg/event...007.php?id=581 soon

    20 – 31 July 2007 / 10am – 10pm
    Free admission


  2. #2

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    It's quite funny naming this birth of a nation. Someone really has a sense of humour.

  3. #3

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    It's quite funny naming this birth of a nation. Someone really has a sense of humour.
    Why?

    _____

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Interested. Thanks for the info.

  5. #5

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    It's quite funny naming this birth of a nation. Someone really has a sense of humour.
    I think its truly the birth of the State of Israel. Nothing funny really.

  6. #6

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slivester View Post
    I think its truly the birth of the State of Israel. Nothing funny really.
    Just google birth of a nation.

  7. #7

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Well, coincidence, yeah now its kind of funny to think that such an issue can be indirectly associated with KKK. Argh.

    But again, any sensible individual will not find the founding of the State of Israel funny.

  8. #8

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Slivester View Post
    Well, coincidence, yeah now its kind of funny to think that such an issue can be indirectly associated with KKK. Argh.

    But again, any sensible individual will not find the founding of the State of Israel funny.
    You'll find irony to be a funny thing in life.

  9. #9
    Senior Member oracle0711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Settling down in Punggol
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    KKK and other issues a side. I think if one is to go through the history about Israel, one will not find the title funny or even pleasant. Till today, Israel is still struggling and fighting for its birthrights and the challenges she faces in fact impact not just the Jews but everyone who has a link with Israel. Personally, I think the title is very well given and its emphasis is very complete.

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    You'll find irony to be a funny thing in life.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    This exhibition looks interesting!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Why?

    _____
    For many a dream, the people of Israel keep stressing that they
    are the choosen one. The struggle to be recognised in this respect
    has created not only havoc but serious consequences with their
    cliam that their town Jer... has been mentioned in the Bible so
    many number of times but not once in the Koran.

    My thinking may be blunt and wrong, however we can have more
    interesting fact finding discussions. No flame please.


  12. #12

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    It's quite funny naming this birth of a nation. Someone really has a sense of humour.
    Verry comon expression, see for example:

    http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=000...OR-enlargePage

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    This is interesting. Thanks for the info.

  14. #14

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Hee...

    sound interesting..
    ANyone going?? planning to go this week end le..

  15. #15

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmichael View Post
    Verry comon expression, see for example:

    http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=000...OR-enlargePage
    there you go ... funny isn't it?

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    there you go ... funny isn't it?
    I see. I see

    But nothing is funny if you put 'Israel' and 'Birth of a nation' together.

  17. #17

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake View Post
    It's quite funny naming this birth of a nation. Someone really has a sense of humour.
    Truly agree! Perhaps lack in history knowledge maybe.

  18. #18

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    Is Isreal truely a country? Seems alot like the Taiwan and China Issue.

  19. #19
    Senior Member oracle0711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Settling down in Punggol
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    So which country do you think Israel belongs to if you are making a reference of Israel to Taiwan?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    Is Isreal truely a country? Seems alot like the Taiwan and China Issue.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation

    ISREAL IS GOD'S CHOSEN COUNTRY. READ THE OLD TESTAMENT. LAND FOR THE GENERATIONS OF ARAHAM, JACOB AND ISAAC........






    Quote Originally Posted by Zac03 View Post
    ISRAEL- Birth of a Nation
    20th - 31st July @ Gallery ( The Arts House )

    Witness the history of a nation through the lenses of two phenomenal photographers.
    Israel has been dominated, since its foundation in 1948, by struggle. It remains one of the most enduring and explosive of all the world’s regions but it has also achieved miracles both in absorbing millions of new immigrants and in developing both agriculture and technology to an impressive degree. Working as photojournalists from the beginning and throughout this period of dramatic change, both Paul Goldman and David Rubinger were able to document and record some of the most significant moments in the country’s history.
    You are invited to discover a different side of Israel, through photography and films. Classic movies from the formative period of Israel will be screened throughout the exhibition.
    For updates on film screenings, check
    http://www.theartshouse.com.sg/event...007.php?id=581 soon

    20 – 31 July 2007 / 10am – 10pm
    Free admission


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •