View Poll Results: Who owns which PDA's

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • All time Palm

    62 67.39%
  • Nuts on pocketpc

    25 27.17%
  • OLd Symbian

    3 3.26%
  • Linux!!

    2 2.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: who owns a pda

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Facing the little Island Ubin
    Posts
    404

    Default who owns a pda

    who owns a pda
    here
    pocketpc, palm, sharp linux
    syimbie?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Facing the little Island Ubin
    Posts
    404

    Default

    let me start first
    i lastime own a m505 palm
    sold awasy and now got a ipaq 3850
    heee

    waann meet up?
    fellow CS's
    with PDa;s

    and share tips
    and chat heee

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Last time, I owned an Ipaq 3760; sold away last Feb and got a M505 later on. Still using till now

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio outskirts
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Started with a Palm IIIx, then a Handspring Visor, followed by a Handspring Visor Platinium. Now using the Sony Clie NZ90.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    My Palm history: Palm Pilot Pro -> HS Dx -> HS Prism -> Palm m505 -> Palm m130 -> O2 XDA (the only PPC in the entire history, used for 2 mths) -> Palm m550 (current palm)

  6. #6
    Senior Member ivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SINGAPOUR
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    I still prefer Palm OS PDA... despite that I had switched to Win CE and Pocket PC during my stay with Palm OS... been using Palm OS since 1997... Currently using a Palm m550...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by ivor
    I still prefer Palm OS PDA... despite that I had switched to Win CE and Pocket PC during my stay with Palm OS... been using Palm OS since 1997... Currently using a Palm m550...
    Yeah! Palm OS is the way to go for me too.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    AMK, Singapore
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Me still using Palm IIIxe..

  9. #9
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Loyal User of Pocket PC......
    W204FL

  10. #10
    kevinrstruck
    Guests

    Default

    Pocket PC all the way. I had a Palm when they first came out and several others since, but I much prefer the PocketPC, especially when you are using a WIN based desktop and laptop.

    I will take my IPAQ anyday.

  11. #11
    qhelix
    Guests

    Default

    Same here, PPC all the way. Use to be a Clie user, but since then I've switched to the PPC and never looked back. Viewing photos on my PPC is tons faster than the Clie N760. But then again, now that the newer Palms use faster processors, viewing images should be much faster now.

  12. #12
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Not to mention PPC ability to play MP3 without extra attachment.
    W204FL

  13. #13
    Senior Member ivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SINGAPOUR
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Sorry, not here to pick a quarrel... what extra attachment are you referring to... I only need to plug my earphones into the earphone jack of my m550 and I am listening to my favorite songs on my PDA...

    Originally posted by Knighthunter
    Not to mention PPC ability to play MP3 without extra attachment.

  14. #14
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Originally posted by ivor
    Sorry, not here to pick a quarrel... what extra attachment are you referring to... I only need to plug my earphones into the earphone jack of my m550 and I am listening to my favorite songs on my PDA...
    I use earphone too...internal speaker is almost useless.
    I think older version of palm is unable to play MP3.
    W204FL

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by Knighthunter
    I use earphone too...internal speaker is almost useless.
    I think older version of palm is unable to play MP3.
    Depends on which ones u r talking about.
    The older Sony Clie models like the N710/760 can play mp3s without any attachments.

  16. #16
    Member Knighthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Pigeon Hole in Mandalay
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Originally posted by lefei
    Depends on which ones u r talking about.
    The older Sony Clie models like the N710/760 can play mp3s without any attachments.
    My PDA is HP Jornada 548, I bought it about 1.5 years ago. That time the choice is palm VX or Palm 3E colour, Sony not available yet me think. None of Palm support MP3 that time, except Visor with extra attachment.
    W204FL

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by Knighthunter
    My PDA is HP Jornada 548, I bought it about 1.5 years ago. That time the choice is palm VX or Palm 3E colour, Sony not available yet me think. None of Palm support MP3 that time, except Visor with extra attachment.
    Ok. That is a different story already. I believe Palm has picked up quite a fair bit with its MM capabilities.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Originally posted by Knighthunter
    Not to mention PPC ability to play MP3 without extra attachment.
    At the expense of it's short battery life.

    Gave up on ppcs 'coz can't really do much on it. Can't double up as mp3 player (battery life too short), can't do programming, can't view flash, can't surf at a comfortable viewing size, can't slip it in my pocket, etc.

    Now, I'm doing fine with a simple palm for PIM, a sleek mp3 player, and a laptop for the more demanding tasks.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Philip Nino > Palm Vx > Tungsten T
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore - Central
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Pocket PC is da best !!

    Proud owner of HP Ipaq 5450.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •