Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singaporean Monsters

Default Re: Singaporean Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    there was once someone lady fainted in the MRT.. no one cares except an ah moh office guy come forward to help her to the chair... and he then looked at the crowd with an amazing look.. i guess he was puzzled why pple dun seem to care.
    Ugly S'poreans.

I am actually very tempted to take pictures of all these actions and show these inhumane creatures how ugly they are and to show our younger generation not to be like them.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

everyone is rushing on doing work, taking lunch, going home, pickup hubby..etc... even taking picture.. let us hope for more good years & more good s'porean....

a life for a life..
    Last edited by soma; 7th June 2007 at 06:46 PM.

not every1 so bad lah .... i saw once be4 on MRT when a lady fainted on a crowded MRT at Novena station. 1 guy carried her out to the next stop. hmmm but i think majority just stood around her and just watched .... i was that the other end of the cart... only notice after everyone was staring. ..... haiz .... majority ... haiz ....

its the few that make the difference
    are U going to make a difference in someone's life today ?
    For better or worse ?

Something i also always ponder on.
    But I wana change the WORLD hee
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Yep, the thinking must be that if they stop to help, they will sure kena scolding and pay for damages, etc., but if they run, then there's an even chance they may get away scott free.
    I think despite all these reports by the media, there must be many more cases where the drivers were never caught, especially those cases where the victims sustained minor injuries and didn't die.
    Even if they can get away scot-free, there will still be karma.

just at the imm parking lot i kena by 2 lady drivers. one came out of the parking lot without even checking blind spot, and another went the opposite direction just to exit fast when thats a one way lane.. i wonder if they truely bother about safety. all that happen when i was looking for a space to park.

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    whats wrong with that?

I saw a lady driver knock down a old auntie, she got down the car, pull her to one side and then she drove off. Its so common these days for hit and run.
    My god..did you report to the police?
    A person is useless unless he is standing up for himself, for his future, and for his dreams.

when i first came to singapore my wife and i heard a man yelling at our condo. I looked out and saw a woman floating face down in the pool. I ran down 5 flights of stairs and to my amazement when i reached the bottom floor where the pool is at, this idiot did not even have the brains to attempt to get her out of the water.

needless to say i lifted her out and looked up to my wife back on the 5th floor balcony signaling her to call an ambulance. I looked at the rest of the units and people only watch. some came downstairs and what pissed me off was when i started cpr on the victim i had people asking me "do you know the correct procedure...where did you learn, if you are not certified you cannot administer...blah blah blah. i have no cpr card but i know it from my military days as well as water safety or lifeguard training back in hawaii. it amazes me how so many people think unless you have a piece of paper, degrees included, you do not know how to do something or are not authorized/qualifed. what, i should have said my card expired or it is back in hawaii and just stand there to let her die?

i spent about half an hour working on this lady who was visiting her son, she was from china and no one offered any help...i even had people bringing books to read, directions what to do...and i am thinking fark, people not everything comes from a book! i think i was only here for 2 or weeks when it happened and to this day, the son has never approached me once to say thank you for trying to save his mom. do i need him to say thanks, not really, but it definitely laid a foundation for my initial thoughts on singaporeans which was all books, no reality, and no heart to say thank you while they are caught up in their own little world because their life is the only life that matters.

anyways like i said those were my initial thoughts and things have changed since then but i see so many acts of coldness instead kindness it really freaks me out. well, this lady died and i did my best. i thought i was going to pass out from exhaustion trying to save her. i just could not believe that a newcomer was the one trying save someone instead of locals...what's up with that?

another time a man fainted in church. i ran over to see what was going on and the usher in the church asked if i was a doctor, i said no...the usher then told me to return to my seat. for the next 20 minutes until an ambulance came, this man foamed at the mouth, went into convulsions and other things, he died. These ushers kept people away and did not allow anyone to help while this man turned white and he lost all responsiveness. i simply wanted to remove this man from his seat, and place him in a more open area so when the ambulance comes they can work on him. I simply wanted to keep his airways open and make sure his heart kept beating and again do cpr if necessary. but i have no piece of paper and i am not a doctor so the ushers felt i was not qualified to help this man. where i come from, a piece of paper does not make the man and lable his life...a piece of paper is what you wipe your ass with.

so why do i try to help people...because if it were my mom or my dad in these situations, or even myself or my wife, i would want one of YOU to help...get it?

hit and runs happen all over the world but the thing is be responsible for human life because one day it will be you or someone you know that needs help.

but yeah, i see much much much more coldness than kindess here.

you guys have a good day.

i realised something in the culture here, deep in the minds and hearts were these words : " it is not my business, i just want to think, do and be concerned about my own ... "

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    when i first came to singapore my wife and i heard a man yelling at our condo. I looked out and saw a woman floating face down in the pool. I ran down 5 flights of stairs and to my amazement when i reached the bottom floor where the pool is at, this idiot did not even have the brains to attempt to get her out of the water.

needless to say i lifted her out and looked up to my wife back on the 5th floor balcony signaling her to call an ambulance. I looked at the rest of the units and people only watch. some came downstairs and what pissed me off was when i started cpr on the victim i had people asking me "do you know the correct procedure...where did you learn, if you are not certified you cannot administer...blah blah blah. i have no cpr card but i know it from my military days as well as water safety or lifeguard training back in hawaii. it amazes me how so many people think unless you have a piece of paper, degrees included, you do not know how to do something or are not authorized/qualifed. what, i should have said my card expired or it is back in hawaii and just stand there to let her die?

i spent about half an hour working on this lady who was visiting her son, she was from china and no one offered any help...i even had people bringing books to read, directions what to do...and i am thinking fark, people not everything comes from a book! i think i was only here for 2 or weeks when it happened and to this day, the son has never approached me once to say thank you for trying to save his mom. do i need him to say thanks, not really, but it definitely laid a foundation for my initial thoughts on singaporeans which was all books, no reality, and no heart to say thank you while they are caught up in their own little world because their life is the only life that matters.

anyways like i said those were my initial thoughts and things have changed since then but i see so many acts of coldness instead kindness it really freaks me out. well, this lady died and i did my best. i thought i was going to pass out from exhaustion trying to save her. i just could not believe that a newcomer was the one trying save someone instead of locals...what's up with that?

another time a man fainted in church. i ran over to see what was going on and the usher in the church asked if i was a doctor, i said no...the usher then told me to return to my seat. for the next 20 minutes until an ambulance came, this man foamed at the mouth, went into convulsions and other things, he died. These ushers kept people away and did not allow anyone to help while this man turned white and he lost all responsiveness. i simply wanted to remove this man from his seat, and place him in a more open area so when the ambulance comes they can work on him. I simply wanted to keep his airways open and make sure his heart kept beating and again do cpr if necessary. but i have no piece of paper and i am not a doctor so the ushers felt i was not qualified to help this man. where i come from, a piece of paper does not make the man and lable his life...a piece of paper is what you wipe your ass with.

so why do i try to help people...because if it were my mom or my dad in these situations, or even myself or my wife, i would want one of YOU to help...get it?

hit and runs happen all over the world but the thing is be responsible for human life because one day it will be you or someone you know that needs help.

I've been in situations like that before to. And everytime if someone came up to me to stop rendering aid i'd tell em to f off or have the person's blood on their hands. Most times they back off so aid can be rendered. But you're right. its mind numbing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    not every1 so bad lah .... i saw once be4 on MRT when a lady fainted on a crowded MRT at Novena station. 1 guy carried her out to the next stop. hmmm but i think majority just stood around her and just watched .... i was that the other end of the cart... only notice after everyone was staring. ..... haiz .... majority ... haiz ....

For better or worse ?

see... i am not the only one who witnessed such.

the only good one i witnessed is at Raffles Place MRT... 2 office ladies and 1 office man.. helping a fainted lady to a stone chair... offering their axe oil and tissue..

Deregistered

We say Singaporeans are cold and thoughtless, but I think more are kind and thoughtful, just they are the unsung and unseen heroes. We are the result of cultures and society. In these days where people can easily be sued even by villains, who dares to take a lead in being kind and helpful, when the very person you try to save may come back at you and sue your pants off, so everyone in the "right mind" will take a safer approach instead, unfortunately, such are often a bystanding role, watch and do nothing. I didn't quote these from hearsay, I have seen it myself in the course of my work. This differs greatly from these scumbags who hit and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post

I feel so sorry to hear that, I think it got to do with the mindset of the people in the big city, where most don't care about the life of other people, and afraid of the liabity if anything thurn wrong...
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I feel so sorry to hear that, I think it got to do with the mindset of the people in the big city, where most don't care about the life of other people, and afraid of the liabity if anything thurn wrong...
    Not true leh. Look at the States. At least people are more willing to help when there is a crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Not true leh. Look at the States. At least people are more willing to help when there is a crisis.
    in that case, may be it's the "1st class" education here forgotten to emphasize on teaching people kindness/social responsibility???
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    in that case, may be it's the "1st class" education here forgotten to emphasize on teaching people kindness/social responsibility???
    I would think so bro. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    agree... in USA... when something bad happened like 911... the folks on the streets will help each other... they will assist the fireman and ambulance work out of own will... from there u will understand why USA is so strong becos there is a "national unity spirit" when crisis struck their country. The reservists in their armed forces and police will "auto" report to work on the crisis area without official mobilization.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 8th June 2007 at 10:00 AM.

agree... in USA... when something bad happened like 911... the folks on the streets will help each other... they will assist the fireman and ambulance work out of own will... from there u will understand why USA is so strong becos there is a "national unity spirit" when crisis struck their country. The reservists in their armed forces and police will "auto" report to work on the crisis area without official mobilization.
    good democratic country!

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    good democratic country!
    We should move towards that direction. BUT...it's gonna be a LLLL....OOOO....NNNN....GGGG way to go before we get there.

the newspaper report did not mentioned whether the 2 drivers will be charged or not...

drive mercedes, another elite... maybe they will not be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post

For better or worse ?

When they are not help, we can't just said they are all useless ignorant. They may have their own reason. Yah, it is sad sometimes when you see that situation, but your condition not allowed you to help.

Regards,
    Arto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12