Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singaporean Monsters

Default Singaporean Monsters

In today's Straits Times, there is a news report of the death of a motorcyclist caused by two motorists.

The motorcyclist was thrown off his bike and landed in the centre lane by a motorist who made an illegal u-turn at Airport Boulevard. Before he could get up, another car driven by a woman rammed into him.

A witness chased after her up to Terminal 1, where she picked up her husband. Although he gestured to her to return to the scene of the accident, she just drove away and did not report to the police until 8 days later when she received a notice from the police.

Have we become so heartless that another person's life is so insignificant?

We have become such that we refuse to admit wrongs and do everything to evade responsibility.

We believe that the best defence is offence and will attack whoever reports or alerts us of wrongdoings.

Reading this news report makes me feel very sad for the future of Singapore.

Default Re: Singaporean Monsters

Hit & run? Well done! Make sure she gets her deserved punishment. Irresponsible B**CH.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

whats wrong with that?

I saw a lady driver knock down a old auntie, she got down the car, pull her to one side and then she drove off. Its so common these days for hit and run.

Sigh....people are no longer humane. How sad. The higher education they received and the more money they earn, the lesser they care about others.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Member/Tangshooter

I heard that in China, if you hit someone. You have to pay for his medical fees until the person dies... Therefore, there is a saying in China that... if you hit a person and saw that the person gets up ( from your rear mirror ). You better put to reverse gear and then make sure that the person doesn't get up again.

Its just a joke.. please do not take it too serious.

I just don't quite understand, do the driver who hit and run think that they can run away? Why can't they just stop and help??? Their penalty will be much less if they don't run also.

Quote Originally Posted by www.straitstimes.com
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Singapor...ry_126695.html
    M-cyclist was hit by a car, run over by another
    Open verdict on Christmas Day accident as coroner cannot conclude which of two events caused 47-year-old's deathBy Elena Chong, Court Correspondent

MOTORCYCLIST Ghazali Mohamed Noor was hit by one car and run over by another, but neither driver stopped to render assistance.

The two drivers were yesterday named as potential defendants at a coroner's inquiry into the 47-year-old's death.
    State Coroner Ronald Gwee returned an open verdict as the two had chosen to remain silent, and he could not come to a firm conclusion as to which event caused the motorcyclist's death.
    But he said that evidence 'highly' suggests that contractor Tew Hock Sew, 63, and housewife Lim Ah Mui, 57, had committed traffic offences in the accident which killed Mr Ghazali.
    Under the Road Traffic Act, it is an offence for a driver not to stop and render assistance to a person injured by his vehicle.
    The accident occurred in Airport Boulevard at about 5.45am on Christmas Day last year.
    Mr Tew disregarded a 'No Right Turn' sign, at the centre median opening opposite the Airport Police Station exit and made a U-turn. He drove right into the path of Mr Ghazali's motorbike, which crashed into his car.
    The package officer with the Singapore Airport Terminal Services (Apron) was flung off and landed in the second right lane.
    While he was trying to get up, a Mercedes-Benz, driven by Madam Lim, ran over him.
    She did not brake or slow down, going on to pick up her husband at the airport.
    The two might have got away if it were not for other road users who witnessed the incident.
    Singapore Airlines flight attendant Desmond Tan Tuan Yeow was travelling to the airport in a taxi with two colleagues when he saw Mr Ghazali colliding into Mr Tew's car and Madam Lim's vehicle running him over.
    Mr Tan, 33, immediately called 999, while the taxi driver pursued the two cars.
    The cabby sounded the horn and flashed his lights at Madam Lim but she refused to stop even when Mr Tan gestured and shouted at her to do so, said a report by Senior Staff Sergeant Tan Chee Sing of the Traffic Police.
    Another witness, 22-year-old motorcyclist Mohammed Faizal Hanafi, saw Mr Tew's Toyota Camry hit Mr Ghazali.
    He tailed the car and gestured to Mr Tew to return to the scene, which he did about five minutes later after dropping off a Chinese national at the airport.
    Madam Lim, however, went home after picking up her husband at Terminal 1. She reported to the Traffic Police eight days later only after being issued a call-up letter. elena@sph.com.sg
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    whats wrong with that?

I saw a lady driver knock down a old auntie, she got down the car, pull her to one side and then she drove off. Its so common these days for hit and run.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I just don't quite understand, do the driver who hit and run think that they can run away? Why can't they just stop and help??? Their penalty will be much less if they don't run also.
    They think they will not get caught

That's practically murder!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    They think they will not get caught
    Yep, the thinking must be that if they stop to help, they will sure kena scolding and pay for damages, etc., but if they run, then there's an even chance they may get away scott free.
    I think despite all these reports by the media, there must be many more cases where the drivers were never caught, especially those cases where the victims sustained minor injuries and didn't die.

These pple who ran away should deserve double penalties. No mercy for the heartless.

I hope they get the death penalty. They practically murdered the poor man in cold blood and thought they could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    I hope they get the death penalty. They practically murdered the poor man in cold blood and thought they could get away with it.
    actually for such crime, serving time is better.

actually for such crime, serving time is better.
    eh i believe in soloman and hamurabi's laws.

Member/Tangshooter

One of the reason that people run away is because the person that is driving is a "well known" person, for example some MP or minister. If they stop now, they are afraid of being recognised. That is why if they "hit and run" , then they find a scape goat later.

Dat's freaking murder.

I'm more thoroughly convinced that we shld scrap some traffic laws and put them in line with criminal charges of Murder and Attempted Murder

whats wrong with that?

i hope there is a deep sarcastic sound to this sentence....
    Hit and run is more something that one would associate with 3rd world country and not with a first world country of excellence... or maybe its just a wannabe....

or as Father said the other day: You may have money but you are not civilized and refined!

Quote Originally Posted by mingkor View Post
    In today's Straits Times, there is a news report of the death of a motorcyclist caused by two motorists.

The motorcyclist was thrown off his bike and landed in the centre lane by a motorist who made an illegal u-turn at Airport Boulevard. Before he could get up, another car driven by a woman rammed into him.

A witness chased after her up to Terminal 1, where she picked up her husband. Although he gestured to her to return to the scene of the accident, she just drove away and did not report to the police until 8 days later when she received a notice from the police.

Have we become so heartless that another person's life is so insignificant?

We have become such that we refuse to admit wrongs and do everything to evade responsibility.

We believe that the best defence is offence and will attack whoever reports or alerts us of wrongdoings.

Reading this news report makes me feel very sad for the future of Singapore.
    that woman will not escape because there are video cameras around the airport... By running away, her sentence is even more heavy...
    Last edited by raincool2005; 7th June 2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Sigh....people are no longer humane. How sad. The higher education they received and the more money they earn, the lesser they care about others.
    there was once someone lady fainted in the MRT.. no one cares except an ah moh office guy come forward to help her to the chair... and he then looked at the crowd with an amazing look.. i guess he was puzzled why pple dun seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    there was once someone lady fainted in the MRT.. no one cares except an ah moh office guy come forward to help her to the chair... and he then looked at the crowd with an amazing look.. i guess he was puzzled why pple dun seem to care.
    when was this?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast