Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Shrior has a good tech

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Thumbs up Shrior has a good tech

    At last, I found time to go Shrior today to send my K10D for repair. Kevin the tech there is really helpful and friendly. After he confirmed my K10D has a problem in either the sensor or processor, I was told he need send to Japan & will take 1+month Then I told him I'll need a camera next week, he immediately offer to help. But I didn't want to trouble him, so I'll likely get the K100D for my gf (at long last).

    Going to miss my K10D while it's gone.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    I wished my gf will buy a K10D for me... heh heh

  3. #3

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    That's good to know. Hope it won't take long for your K10D to back fixed

    BTW, my wife wants to learn photography too. Might just get her a K100D someday soon

    Cheers!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    That's good to know. Hope it won't take long for your K10D to back fixed

    BTW, my wife wants to learn photography too. Might just get her a K100D someday soon

    Cheers!
    Ya, get a DSLR. I regret getting my gf the FZ7. Should had die die convinced her a DSLR is better than compact factor Now she see my shots, she starting to feel & see the limits of a prosumer.

    Oh ya. Also good for your case since you have a serious case of LBA I believe I just overcame my LBA. lol
    Last edited by longko; 7th June 2007 at 02:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    That's good to know. Hope it won't take long for your K10D to back fixed

    BTW, my wife wants to learn photography too. Might just get her a K100D someday soon

    Cheers!
    How about an *ist DL?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by alanswan View Post
    How about an *ist DL?
    Thanks for the offer bro. But I prefer new for my gf, if it's for me, as long working can liao Thinking for getting in KL or JB, I heard K100D with kit there sells for RM18xx with International Warranty Cheaper than OP grey set when exchange rate is good

  7. #7
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Wah longko, now your K10D will have a little brother!!! K100D rocks.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Wah longko, now your K10D will have a little brother!!! K100D rocks.
    Later it come back from Japan jealous leh I recieved confirmation a shop in JB offering RM1900 for K100D (Can use CC somemore). Those know which shop I talking about please don't mention the name hor, don't want get them trouble

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    At last, I found time to go Shrior today to send my K10D for repair. Kevin the tech there is really helpful and friendly. After he confirmed my K10D has a problem in either the sensor or processor, I was told he need send to Japan & will take 1+month Then I told him I'll need a camera next week, he immediately offer to help. But I didn't want to trouble him, so I'll likely get the K100D for my gf (at long last).

    Going to miss my K10D while it's gone.
    talking about that, might go visit them again tomorrow.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    talking about that, might go visit them again tomorrow.
    Hope yours don't need to take a trip to Japan with mine

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    Hope yours don't need to take a trip to Japan with mine
    I have something else for them to service. My DS is actually in the service center for 3 weeks already. Don't know how long more it gonna stay there. It's on Kevin table. maybe still waiting for parts from Japan.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    I have something else for them to service. My DS is actually in the service center for 3 weeks already. Don't know how long more it gonna stay there. It's on Kevin table. maybe still waiting for parts from Japan.
    oo so long arh have to wait but at least they offer good service
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    oo so long arh have to wait but at least they offer good service
    sorry for not clarifying, I can actually take the camera back if i need it for shooting and they will call me once the parts arrived so that i can bring it back to the service center. Since i have another camera, i tell Kevin i will leave the camera there.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    At least yours no need fly to Japan My problem should be an unusual one

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    westcoast
    Posts
    4,679

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    if he willing offer to help, let him help lah, 2 years before, when my 7D down and I need to rush for a trip, need a cam, Andy in KM borrowed me a brand new 7D (display model)for that trip (free use about 2-3 months), 3 months later, back KM and take my fixed 7D back, quite happy experience...

  16. #16
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by thinkvision View Post
    if he willing offer to help, let him help lah, 2 years before, when my 7D down and I need to rush for a trip, need a cam, Andy in KM borrowed me a brand new 7D (display model)for that trip (free use about 2-3 months), 3 months later, back KM and take my fixed 7D back, quite happy experience...
    KM and Shriro are 2 different entities and their service levels also different.
    FYI Shriro handled Nikon for the longest time until 2001.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    errr p.s can i ask a question? is shiro the same as aztech?
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    aztech is the company that produces modems
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    errr p.s can i ask a question? is shiro the same as aztech?
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    aztech is the company that produces modems
    Is it out of topic anyway Shiro Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary Aztech Systems Ltd.

    Shriro (Singapore) Pte Ltd is Pentax Singapore distributor.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Shrior has a good tech

    Shiro and Shriro are totally different companies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •