Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish to organise a Model shoot...

Default Re: I wish to organise a Model shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Yup, and I wonder if the increased GST might be included.
    But I think it is pretty easy to organize it amongst ourselves. Some smart guy has used yahoo.groups to organize shoots and I think it is quite effective too.
    That's what I meant. If organise via CS need to pay, then can organise outside via other means

How to contact administrator?
    Thanks everyone.

I've a friend keen to build her portfolio.
    She's a fine lady.

Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    How to contact administrator?
    Thanks everyone.

I've a friend keen to build her portfolio.
    She's a fine lady.
    webmaster@clubsnap.com

Or maybe Darren can help you. Look into here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/announcement.php?f=14

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you want to make money...
    think hard, think twice.

if you just want to have fun, many people will support you.
    ClubSNAP has changed alot. There's a raise of of many organisers whom IMO are just out to make profits. The approach of the organiser(s) are pretty much hard sell which in the past isn't present at all (See how some "market" their shoots). I feel kinda sad about what's happening. Sigh...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

vince123123
    Guests

Can you name us some examples who fit this description (make profits) and those who do not (not make profits)?

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    ClubSNAP has changed alot. There's a raise of of many organisers whom IMO are just out to make profits. The approach of the organiser(s) are pretty much hard sell which in the past isn't present at all (See how some "market" their shoots). I feel kinda sad about what's happening. Sigh...

Well, as organisers, there are costs to recover and its not getting easy as advertising cost needs to be recovered within a specified time frame. To think they are making profits is not incorrect. I feel most of them are doing a good job so far. And... isnt it great there are many for us to pick from? Competition brings about choices. Ultimately, we get what we pay for, still.

Cheers

Organise and i Will support you.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

come on, get real man. everyone is out to make some profit, that's life.

even doing charity work also must feed your own stomach first, I don't find anything wrong with that.

anyway, you can try to organize some shoots, soon you will ask why on earth you want to waste time waste money to doing these?
    last time is free (no subscriptions fee for organizers), yet so many people still can't make it, why? passion not enough izit?
    now every organizers need pay subscriptions, so they must run it like a business, nothing wrong with that.

you can always offer TFCD if you don't want to pay to shoot models, which I know you are offering now.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

ClubSNAP has changed alot. There's a raise of of many organisers whom IMO are just out to make profits.
    So you expect them out to make losses?

Models have to eat if the organisers can live on water and air.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So you expect them out to make losses?

Models have to eat if the organisers can live on water and air.
    Bros.... i think you have misinterpreted bro Youhong's observation .... he probably meant that in the past when there were no charges from CS, there were some organisers(usually hobbyist-photographers) who did it out of fun and hobby, and of course there were also those who are in it for profits. And I dont think he meant not to pay/reward the models.

Like the TS, I have some friends who would like to make some "school-fee funds" during their free time and I wouldnt mind organising shoots for them without making any profits but decided not to, due to the "new" developments here. Now I ask them to look for those "pro CS organisers"
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Bros.... i think you have misinterpreted bro Youhong's observation .... he probably meant that in the past when there were no charges from CS, there were some organisers(usually hobbyist-photographers) who did it out of fun and hobby, and of course there were also those who are in it for profits. And I dont think he meant not to pay/reward the models.

Like the TS, I have some friends who would like to make some "school-fee funds" during their free time and I wouldnt mind organising shoots for them without making any profits but decided not to, due to the "new" developments here. Now I ask them to look for those "pro CS organisers"
    so what do you suggest? CS open a sub forum for second liner of workshop, studio/model shots? apart from the mainboard, special trading for free organizer but co share models' fee?

so what do you suggest? CS open a sub forum for second liner of workshop, studio/model shots? apart from the mainboard, special trading for free organizer but co share models' fee?
    sometimes in life, you juz have to accept the reality (CS owners have stated their case) .... juz like lost kampongs, old houses, old trades,... you lose that old funny, familiar, forgotten feelings ..... we juz need to move on, my friend ..

vince123123
    Guests

Actually I believe none of the model shoot organisers in the past earn S$0 (or at least plan to earn S$0). By organisers, I mean organisers who do not just organise one shoot or two shoots but a consistent number for that period.

Also I believe in principle, non-profit shoots do not come under the paying section - although i'm not sure how this is implemented or enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Actually I believe none of the model shoot organisers in the past earn S$0 (or at least plan to earn S$0). By organisers, I mean organisers who do not just organise one shoot or two shoots but a consistent number for that period.

Also I believe in principle, non-profit shoots do not come under the paying section - although i'm not sure how this is implemented or enforced.
    Of course, even there is no financial profit, there are usually other benefits when one organizes a model shootout for a model .... maybe he shoots for free, maybe he gets a date with the model or a meal/drink, etc.... and usually he sees all these profits/commission as small money

Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    I wish to know how can I orgniae a model shoot for fellow CS snappers?
    Please advise me the process.

Thanks!
    Maybe you should ask Bobman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe you should ask Bobman.
    to become the most sought-after model shoot organizer in clubsnap??

to become the most sought-after model shoot organizer in clubsnap??
    And the most invisible one too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12