Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help needed!Pls come in n give advice(esp legal advice.)

Default Re: Help needed!Pls come in n give advice(esp legal advice.)

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    post at kopitiam does not contribute any post count.
    Did post b4 some pics in e main forum but still zero...lolx

Quote Originally Posted by karkadann View Post
    Did post b4 some pics in e main forum but still zero...lolx
    You are the special member Any way why dun you go to MOM? You could in the end get some justice. Unless you do want to

Quote Originally Posted by singscott View Post
    You are the special member Any way why dun you go to MOM? You could in the end get some justice. Unless you do want to
    I did...... they say cannot help cos is contract law ler... out of their area.... in e end will have to pay lor.But this kind of contract ...they can sue if u dun pay de meh?

I did...... they say cannot help cos is contract law ler... out of their area.... in e end will have to pay lor.But this kind of contract ...they can sue if u dun pay de meh?
    go and see you MP, tell him that MOM can't help you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    go and see you MP, tell him that MOM can't help you.
    Hmmm.... good idea but dunno if he can help but no harm trying.

vince123123
    Guests

very hard to help without seeing the actual T&Cs. good luck

Hmmm.... good idea but dunno if he can help but no harm trying.
    can't help you? than call chinese evening paper to tell them your story lor.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I recently signed a contract with my company to be a photographer but seems like it is not turning out that way. I was made to do things that i think photographers r not supposed to do. E contract was signed with e boss assuring he would train me as a photographer but till now it was minimal.
    Does a photographer need to do telemarketing? does a photographer need to go out n look for models?
    i will say i did not read through all the threads...but here goes

1) do photographers look for models or things to shoot...yes we do, all the time
    2) do photographers market themselves to make money and sell their prints or services...yes we do, again all the time. whether it is a sign, an ad or making phonecalls, or putting up an online gallery or portfolio, they are all means to market a photographer or the company.

in my opinion you have no defence or just cause to walk out. it's to easy to shred the two premises to your defence and i am not even a lawyer. if your employer is having you do those things that you mentioned, then he is training you because as i just showed, they are what a photographer does. we all look for things to shoot (models), and although we all may do it in different ways, we try to market our work (telemarket).

...sometimes we don't start on the ground floor, we start in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    i will say i did not read through all the threads...but here goes

1) do photographers look for models or things to shoot...yes we do, all the time
    2) do photographers market themselves to make money and sell their prints or services...yes we do, again all the time. whether it is a sign, an ad or making phonecalls, or putting up an online gallery or portfolio, they are all means to market a photographer or the company.

in my opinion you have no defence or just cause to walk out. it's to easy to shred the two premises to your defence and i am not even a lawyer. if your employer is having you do those things that you mentioned, then he is training you because as i just showed, they are what a photographer does. we all look for things to shoot (models), and although we all may do it in different ways, we try to market our work (telemarket).

...sometimes we don't start on the ground floor, we start in the basement.
    That is true but I think we are all concerned about the clause that TS says he must pay back 6 months of pay to company if he quits. And he claims everyone in the office is in the same shoe. I mean which photography studio makes their staff pay back their pay for quitting. Also is it even a real photography studio or one of those make over places.....Look for models could mean walk out in the street, grab any girl or guy and tell them they have model quality and ask them to sign for package. But again TS has not been entirely open with us.... his account is half half so very hard for us to actually know what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    That is true but I think we are all concerned about the clause that TS says he must pay back 6 months of pay to company if he quits. And he claims everyone in the office is in the same shoe. I mean which photography studio makes their staff pay back their pay for quitting. Also is it even a real photography studio or one of those make over places.....Look for models could mean walk out in the street, grab any girl or guy and tell them they have model quality and ask them to sign for package. But again TS has not been entirely open with us.... his account is half half so very hard for us to actually know what is happening.
    u got e gist of wat i was trying to convey.ha ha....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234