Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

  1. #1
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,745

    Default anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    tried out some common downloads but most are fanciful like powerpoint slides, and the only thing that is fairly acceptable is a slow dissolving.

    my sister is asking me to do a montage for her, so dun mind paying a little for a good one.

  2. #2

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    proshow gold...cheap and good...i got an ahem version if u want...small enuff to email

  3. #3

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    tried out some common downloads but most are fanciful like powerpoint slides, and the only thing that is fairly acceptable is a slow dissolving.

    my sister is asking me to do a montage for her, so dun mind paying a little for a good one.
    you may want to give "myslideshow" a try

    http://www.anixsoft.com/myslideshow.html

    small program, easy to use. It can output a autorun files which can use on CD or normal presentation.

  4. #4

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    proshow gold...cheap and good...i got an ahem version if u want...small enuff to email
    I agree. Proshow Gold is an easy to use program. You can try it out then decide.

  5. #5
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,745

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralli`fto View Post
    I agree. Proshow Gold is an easy to use program. You can try it out then decide.
    trying to download the demo to see if it is good. 26MB, wah. cosy, thanks, i will try and see how first.

  6. #6
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,745

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    you may want to give "myslideshow" a try

    http://www.anixsoft.com/myslideshow.html

    small program, easy to use. It can output a autorun files which can use on CD or normal presentation.
    fairly similar to faststone.

    actually i wanted something that shows better transition effects, and expecting something more than the basic effects.

  7. #7

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    I've found "slideshow to go" to be very powerful and easy to use.
    There's a 30 day uncrippled trial for download.
    http://www.nightwatchsoftware.com/sstg/sstg.htm

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore Central
    Posts
    342

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Without any doubt whatsoever, Proshow Gold is the best. If you need RAW file capability and other more professional features, then go for Proshow Producer but this costs very substantially more.

  9. #9

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    fairly similar to faststone.

    actually i wanted something that shows better transition effects, and expecting something more than the basic effects.
    Adobe Lightroom has slideshow also....

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,746

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Adobe Lightroom has slideshow also....
    but no music
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  11. #11

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    but no music
    Think it can add music to it...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seletar, Singapore
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Well, my pick would be iPhoto on the macintosh...very professionally looking transitions with 'ken burns' effect too...and you can add music and control timing for each photo. Too bad its a mac-only product.

  13. #13

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    if you hav an authentic Windows XP, u can try Microsoft Photostory 3

  14. #14
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,614

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    I have seen presentations by photostory and iphoto.

    but my take is still iphoto...

  15. #15
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,745

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    is there anywhere i can see some good presentation (example output) by these software? in the meanwhile will try to see if i can use photostory,

    yah, i'm looking for those special burning, old film, more texture kind of transition effects that is not found in most of the above recommendation, including profoto, feeling a bit disappointed so far.

  16. #16

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Maybe you can try Ulead Videostudio 10. Many effects but output not as nice as Proshow. I'll pm you a link of a video i did with Ulead

  17. #17
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,745

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvynyeo View Post
    Maybe you can try Ulead Videostudio 10. Many effects but output not as nice as Proshow. I'll pm you a link of a video i did with Ulead
    that's nice. i saw the video. but the effects is a bit too fanciful, i would like it if the effect can be simplified without those animations.

  18. #18

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    no doubt Proshow is the best...for it transition.
    But i personally prefer Muvee for ease of use.

  19. #19

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    that's nice. i saw the video. but the effects is a bit too fanciful, i would like it if the effect can be simplified without those animations.
    The effects can be simple or complicated. Some of the filters I use are up to 3 layers.

  20. #20

    Default Re: anyone can recommend me some professional looking slideshow programs?

    Window vista media center. Do not even need to arrange the slides. just choose the folder with the photos and play, you get a professional presentation.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •