Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: girl who drowned in rasa shang

  1. #1

    Default girl who drowned in rasa shang

    tell me i'm not the only one who weeped after seeing the pics of her parents crying their hearts out.

    please.
    Last edited by jeanie; 6th June 2007 at 02:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    I felt for them too. Can try to imagine the pain.

  3. #3

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    I felt for them too. Can try to imagine the pain.
    i wonder those photogs who took the pics felt anything at all.at such a scene like this, one can still depress the shutter button?i know it's their job.but i've tried putting myself in their shoes for these roles, and i think i'll be sacked.

  4. #4

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i wonder those photogs who took the pics felt anything at all.at such a scene like this, one can still depress the shutter button?i know it's their job.but i've tried putting myself in their shoes for these roles, and i think i'll be sacked.
    well, that is why they are photojournalists and you are not.

    I am not sure what I will do, dont want to find out.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    It is always sad and painful when a parent lost their child. I feel even sadder that the parents had no time to bring their kids out more often. I was shock to read that it was the girl's 1st time at Sentosa, 1st time at a beach and 1st time in a swimming pool. But alas, it turns out to be her last. This is going to haunt the parents for the rest of their life.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  6. #6

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    It is always sad and painful when a parent lost their child. I feel even sadder that the parents had no time to bring their kids out more often. I was shock to read that it was the girl's 1st time at Sentosa, 1st time at a beach and 1st time in a swimming pool. But alas, it turns out to be her last. This is going to haunt the parents for the rest of their life.
    some parents slog like a horse to support the family.so i'm not at all surprised at the lack of time to bring their kids out.
    well, there maybe other reasons but i'm not going there.

    i really feel the parents' lost even though i'm not a parent myself.

    what surprises me is that NO ONE actually sees the gal struggling/drowning?

    or is it like Portraiture folder in cs where bikini clad babes has more number of views as opposed to classical portraiture?

  7. #7

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    well, that is why they are photojournalists and you are not.

    I am not sure what I will do, dont want to find out.

    so photojournalists has no emotions?
    i dont mean to belittle them.i'm just curious to know how they muster the strength to depress the button.

  8. #8

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so photojournalists has no emotions?
    i dont mean to belittle them.i'm just curious to know how they muster the strength to depress the button.
    that is not the point.

    as a journalist, you report, you should not interfere. comes with the job.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so photojournalists has no emotions?
    i dont mean to belittle them.i'm just curious to know how they muster the strength to depress the button.
    if they dun press, will u get the chance to get depressed?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #10

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    photographers are just human. we also feel, but without the picture, how can people know.

  11. #11

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    sigh.

    wei da

  12. #12

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    does it need a picture of weeping parents in the newspaper or could the story carry just in the text?
    i am sometimes suprised by the explicit graphics one can see in local newspaper...

  13. #13

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    does it need a picture of weeping parents in the newspaper or could the story carry just in the text?
    i am sometimes suprised by the explicit graphics one can see in local newspaper...

    if it's textual, will it attract any readers at all?

    just imagine 911 event in text without vidz.

  14. #14

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    if it's textual, will it attract any readers at all?

    just imagine 911 event in text without vidz.
    i can remember a time when newspapers had (almost) no photos.... and the ones that were in were B&W... people still read it

  15. #15

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    i can remember a time when newspapers had (almost) no photos.... and the ones that were in were B&W... people still read it
    holy cow.i didnt know you were that old!

  16. #16

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    holy cow.i didnt know you were that old!
    just depends on how old i was then....

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    OT a bit... No lifeguard around?

  18. #18

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    OT a bit... No lifeguard around?
    got.but apparently they didnt see.

  19. #19

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    OT a bit... No lifeguard around?
    i often wonder about this too.

    sometimes during the weekday. there are too many lifeguards. lifeguards walking around with nothing to do. because nobody in the pool.

    but during the weekend, when there are a lot of people, there are less lifeguards!
    i don't about other pools, but this is what happens in mine.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: girl who drowned in rasa shang

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    i often wonder about this too.

    sometimes during the weekday. there are too many lifeguards. lifeguards walking around with nothing to do. because nobody in the pool.

    but during the weekend, when there are a lot of people, there are less lifeguards!
    i don't about other pools, but this is what happens in mine.
    Lifeguards on OFF days during weekends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •