Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC from US

Default Re: Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC from US

Quote Originally Posted by GriGri View Post
    To me the main purpose of filter is to protect my lens, so any filter with glass will do the job.

However, I did get a B+W for my 17-70.
    for me it was like that but then after shooting for a while, why use a cheap uncoated filter on an expensive multicoated lens? uncoated filters are prone to flare.

So if you don't normally shoot anything against maybe uncoated filters may work for you. B+W are great esp when cleaning but the $$$$....

Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    for me it was like that but then after shooting for a while, why use a cheap uncoated filter on an expensive multicoated lens? uncoated filters are prone to flare.

So if you don't normally shoot anything against maybe uncoated filters may work for you. B+W are great esp when cleaning but the $$$$....
    Hoya/Kenko Pro1 filters are pretty good and cost a fraction of B+W ones.

For me ... it's just a form of protection in any case where the lens cap slip out in my bag.
    When i shoot, i take off the filter. Troublesome though but find no point spending so much on a filter where it doesn't give the picture a creative edge eg: polarizer.
    Just me and my big mouth...

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post
    Hoya/Kenko Pro1 filters are pretty good and cost a fraction of B+W ones.
    Yeah, I'm using the both the Hoya and Kenko Pro1 now. Kenko is priced more agressively and does the same job.

Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    Yeah, I'm using the both the Hoya and Kenko Pro1 now. Kenko is priced more agressively and does the same job.
    I like the newer DMC Hoya/Kenko Pro1 digital protectors too, and seems they are alot easier to clean than previous HMC or Super HMC versions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12