Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

  1. #41

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    The SLIK 340DX was recommended to me by Steven from SG Photographic Club.

    Wonder if it can take out the centre column.
    Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    Joe, if its GT0530, can refer to my post above, #25 for price guide. I bought it on impulse cos its so light. Actually went down to get the Slik 340DX.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by joeman View Post
    The SLIK 340DX was recommended to me by Steven from SG Photographic Club.

    Wonder if it can take out the centre column.
    don think so... i can't take off mine for 330dx which is practically the same as 340dx except for 3 columns

  3. #43

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by joeman View Post
    The SLIK 340DX was recommended to me by Steven from SG Photographic Club.

    Wonder if it can take out the centre column.
    I have the 340DX. Yeah, you can take out the center column and replace it with a shorter one..

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    I have the 340DX. Yeah, you can take out the center column and replace it with a shorter one..
    was hoping the design is like sprint pro... can take off the bottom part of the centre column... save $, as don have to buy another column..

  5. #45

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    was hoping the design is like sprint pro... can take off the bottom part of the centre column... save $, as don have to buy another column..
    Hehe, no luck. I've heard about people sawing off the bottom of the PRO center columns though o.O

    You could probably do that, then install a male screw thread in the hollow of one column, and a female screw thread in the hollow of the other

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Hehe, no luck. I've heard about people sawing off the bottom of the PRO center columns though o.O

    You could probably do that, then install a male screw thread in the hollow of one column, and a female screw thread in the hollow of the other
    haiz its a simple design yet missed out by silk...

  7. #47

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    I bought a gitzo recently and it can hold up to 8kg and its cf...its even lighter than my camera and lens combined!

  8. #48

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by joeman View Post
    The SLIK 340DX was recommended to me by Steven from SG Photographic Club.

    Wonder if it can take out the centre column.
    Yupz same here.. we're prob in the same class
    Last edited by kzone; 10th June 2007 at 12:52 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    don't buy too ex. will be very heartpain if stolen.
    Then don't take pictures at all. You camera, lenses, computers, etc might get stolen too.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    Eh guys sorry to hijack a bit,

    How good is the PPCP V2? Does it deliver what it claims? How does it compare to other tripods within its price range?

    Appreciate all your help guys!

    thanks,
    Iodion
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi (400D), 18-55mm, 50mm F1.8

  11. #51

    Default Re: Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

    i dont have a good tripod. mine's a $20 one. why?

    cos i use it once a year (or maybe once a few months). With my 30D + wide lens, it's able to take pretty alright images. =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •