Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

  1. #21
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Maybe instead of such a sweeping statement, you can elaborate on why you think I don't understand the "system" or how you think the "system" works.

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    guess you dun understand the system.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Maybe instead of such a sweeping statement, you can elaborate on why you think I don't understand the "system" or how you think the "system" works.
    Its biz sense

    go and ask your lawyer, they will tell u the reason.

  3. #23
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    So you're saying that if I pay my lawyer his normal hourly rates to represent me in a parking fine case, the lawyer will turn it down?

    Are you sure you know what you are talking about or just pretending to know? Asking me to ask another person for a statement which you are asserting is just another veil for not being able to substantiate your stand that you are correct.

    Why not I put to you that this statement (following the way you said your stand):

    "for parking fee? sure, any lawyer will take up your case if you pay him. If you disagree, I guess you don't understand the system - ask your lawyer and they will tell you the reason"

    I can easily just say as rebuttal to anything you say "You are wrong, just ask [xyz] and they will tell you the reason"

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    Its biz sense

    go and ask your lawyer, they will tell u the reason.
    Last edited by vince123123; 7th June 2007 at 05:10 PM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    So you're saying that if I pay my lawyer his normal hourly rates to represent me in a parking fine case, the lawyer will turn it down?

    Are you sure you know what you are talking about or just pretending to know? Asking me to ask another person for a statement which you are asserting is just another veil for not being able to substantiate your stand that you are correct.

    Why not I put to you that this statement (following the way you said your stand):

    "for parking fee? sure, any lawyer will take up your case if you pay him. If you disagree, I guess you don't understand the system - ask your lawyer and they will tell you the reason"

    I can easily just say as rebuttal to anything you say "You are wrong, just ask [xyz] and they will tell you the reason"

    I guess you are not a business man

    maybe u like to read up the law website, I sure you are much more mature and understand the business world very well more then me.

  5. #25
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    I guess you are not a business man

    maybe u like to read up the law website, I sure you are much more mature and understand the business world very well more then me.
    bro..u sure u dun noe who he is?? he can cha u in court one lehz..u still ask him to lead law websai..

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    To TS, below is a real incident told by a cab driver..
    A cab driver received a fine for illegal stopping/parking..the summon was send to him type..not issue on the spot type..he's very sure that he wasn't at that location for sure..appeal for his case..even handed in evidence from his GPS system for proving..end up still lost the appeal and burn a big hole in his pocket..believe or not up to you..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    bro..u sure u dun noe who he is?? he can cha u in court one lehz..u still ask him to lead law websai..

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    To TS, below is a real incident told by a cab driver..
    A cab driver received a fine for illegal stopping/parking..the summon was send to him type..not issue on the spot type..he's very sure that he wasn't at that location for sure..appeal for his case..even handed in evidence from his GPS system for proving..end up still lost the appeal and burn a big hole in his pocket..believe or not up to you..
    What about the case of the van that got its roof damaged while entering multi story carpark? Height limit was correct, what happened most likely was the road hump was made too high. Owner sued HDB, end up judge ruled in favour of HDB said that it is owner's fault for having overpumped tires........ classic right? and HDB countersued said that owner damaged govt property.....

  7. #27
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    What about the case of the van that got its roof damaged while entering multi story carpark? Height limit was correct, what happened most likely was the road hump was made too high. Owner sued HDB, end up judge ruled in favour of HDB said that it is owner's fault for having overpumped tires........ classic right? and HDB countersued said that owner damaged govt property.....
    官字两个口
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  8. #28
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Looks like you still do not get what i was trying to tell you.

    In that case, my only response (other than my previous post stating that it makes a poor statement to tell someone to look somewhere else for a point you are asserting), is to tell you the same thing you have been trying to tell me:

    "I guess you are not a businessman, lawyer, or even have the most remote understanding of the law, the business, or how law firms work, or for that matter, how any commercial business operates.

    Maybe you'll like to buy a few self-help books, surf some business websites, surf the AGC's statutes website, maybe even the Law Society's website, or maybe the ACRA's website, talk to a few businessmen friends, a few lawyers, and maybe the Chief Justice, or heck, even the Traffic Police and you'll understand."

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    I guess you are not a business man

    maybe u like to read up the law website, I sure you are much more mature and understand the business world very well more then me.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    bro..u sure u dun noe who he is?? he can cha u in court one lehz..u still ask him to lead law websai..

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    To TS, below is a real incident told by a cab driver..
    A cab driver received a fine for illegal stopping/parking..the summon was send to him type..not issue on the spot type..he's very sure that he wasn't at that location for sure..appeal for his case..even handed in evidence from his GPS system for proving..end up still lost the appeal and burn a big hole in his pocket..believe or not up to you..
    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Looks like you still do not get what i was trying to tell you.

    In that case, my only response (other than my previous post stating that it makes a poor statement to tell someone to look somewhere else for a point you are asserting), is to tell you the same thing you have been trying to tell me:

    "I guess you are not a businessman, lawyer, or even have the most remote understanding of the law, the business, or how law firms work, or for that matter, how any commercial business operates.

    Maybe you'll like to buy a few self-help books, surf some business websites, surf the AGC's statutes website, maybe even the Law Society's website, or maybe the ACRA's website, talk to a few businessmen friends, a few lawyers, and maybe the Chief Justice, or heck, even the Traffic Police and you'll understand."
    die die, going to get it, please go ahead if you feel so.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Appeal to Judge for parking fines by TP

    I took time to read through the whole thread and i reckon whatever has to be said has already been said. Not much more is left in the way of discussion and looking at how the way discussion is becoming antagonistic, i really do not see a need for this thread to remain open.

    This thread is hereby closed. Do note that for any further such discussion next time pertaining to the seeking of legal advise will be treated in the same manner as threads pertaining to religious or political matters, i.e. I would not hesitate to close these threads.

    The logic behind this is quite simple: Everyone has a different interpretation of law and it can argued in various ways. It can be polemic and looking at how alot of the situations that are shared are generally anecdotal, I would hesitate to use them as a basis/foundation for defence in a court of law. You want proper antecedents, go look it up else where.

    For anyone who comes here seeking advice or affirmation of their actions pertaining to their impending legal action, do note that it is at your own risk. Having said that, do note that this isn't really the platform for such discussions anyway. Therefore, I am more inclined to close any of these threads that seek legal advice at our discretion.

    The proper person to give proper legal advice is still a lawyer and not online in a photography forum.

    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •