Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    how much is JB selling??? any ideas??

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    From PhotoMalaysia, KL selling DA14 with free filter for RM17XX (JB should be around this price without filter), Penang selling DA 10-17 for RM15XX (JB normally RM20-50 more expensive)

  3. #23

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by baolong View Post
    hi feng wei,
    how much you pay for your DA10-17??? looks very fun lens to play around.....
    I got mine from the States. A bit cheaper than local ones, but not by much ...

    Better get the one Vulpix is selling. That's a great buy

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I got mine from the States. A bit cheaper than local ones, but not by much ...

    Better get the one Vulpix is selling. That's a great buy
    It's reserved...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by alanswan View Post
    It's reserved...
    So are you the potential buyer?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    thought 2 week ago cathey have one piece at $680 10-17 do not know still available

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    So are you the potential buyer?
    Hee...

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by boopoo View Post
    thought 2 week ago cathey have one piece at $680 10-17 do not know still available
    That's odd... I asked them about 2 weeks ago and got quoted $730.
    Either you know the sales guy well, or I look like foreigner or carrot-head.
    In any case, next time I wanna buy stuff from them must go through you liaoz....

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by alanswan View Post
    That's odd... I asked them about 2 weeks ago and got quoted $730.
    Either you know the sales guy well, or I look like foreigner or carrot-head.
    In any case, next time I wanna buy stuff from them must go through you liaoz....
    Sometimes it depends on which sales guy serve you also.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Sometimes it depends on which sales guy serve you also.
    Still think more likely I look like carrot-head...

  11. #31
    Member roentarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    I love 14mm f2.8 and its early version was considered inferior to Da12-24 ...

    However, Da14mm f2.8 is so much more versatile in terms of brighter view finder while shooting at night and it is a sharp lens regardless even at the corner wide open.







    Speaking of Fish eye, the corners are unfortunately going to be soft ... But the effect is addictive and I love it quite a lot. For travel and hobby, I would consider DA14 f2.8 as a first choice given these options.





    Cheers

    James

  12. #32

    Default Re: Ultra wide angle lens, DA14 or DA12-24?

    Quote Originally Posted by roentarre View Post
    I love 14mm f2.8 and its early version was considered inferior to Da12-24 ...

    However, Da14mm f2.8 is so much more versatile in terms of brighter view finder while shooting at night and it is a sharp lens regardless even at the corner wide open.







    Speaking of Fish eye, the corners are unfortunately going to be soft ... But the effect is addictive and I love it quite a lot. For travel and hobby, I would consider DA14 f2.8 as a first choice given these options.

    Cheers

    James
    Hi James,
    I like this one! I've been trying to do one like this ever since a similar one appeared in a photo magazine but I have a phobia now because while in Hong Kong, when I tried to catch such a scene, the person was not all that pleased and neither were fellow hawkers.
    Good one. I would have loved to see you take another one with WB set to "tungsten"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •