Thread: Japan

Default Japan

Hi guys,

I be going to Japan, Tokyo end of this month for a week or so. Would like to have some advice and views from fellow frens in CS and those based in Japan.

Here I go:
    1) Hows the weather like end June (heard is rainy season though)
    2) Is there any major attractions which I should go? (I already planned Asakusa, Tokyo Tower, Tsuki Fish market, Harajuku for cosplayers)
    3) Any other place worth going for sightseeing, shopping or taking photos (esp taking aerial view of Tokyo)?
    4) Any major shopping areas for cameras and stuffs which may be cheaper than SG.

I juz be bringing my 18-200 along for general shooting.....so no particular perference on photography subjects.

Hope to hear the experiences for you guys!

Stan

Default Re: Japan

check the weather forecast the night before, never take the weekly forecast. Try the Rainbow bridge, Roppongi at nite.

Alternatively why not get yourself a copy of travel guide? You can borrow from library too....I saw some pretty good one like Dk and lonely planet there

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    check the weather forecast the night before, never take the weekly forecast. Try the Rainbow bridge, Roppongi at nite.
    Thanks TMC....i juz would like to know roughly how is the weather and buy myself some warm clothings if its cold there over there....to check the night b4 is a bit too late i tink...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Alternatively why not get yourself a copy of travel guide? You can borrow from library too....I saw some pretty good one like Dk and lonely planet there
    I did borrow some guide books....but seems pretty outdated from the photos i see from there...like they still recomend the Almond Cafe as a popular meeting place....however i did noticed the differnt lifestyles and culture differences in Harajuku, Shinjuku, etc... Would like to find out more on individual places instead....like any particular temple or building which is like a must-go or someting for a firsttimer in Japan.

hmm about 27deg there abouts. just a windbreaker will be fine in case of rainy days. Might be humid tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    hmm about 27deg there abouts. just a windbreaker will be fine in case of rainy days. Might be humid tho.
    Thanks for the info!