Thread: Testing lenses b4 purchasing

Default Testing lenses b4 purchasing

I have seen in thread that sellers commented that "this is the sharper lens I had tested"......

Does lens even from the same maker have different quality standard?

Does shops allow you to test the lens before buying? And on your own camera?

What to look out for? Do you guys bring a laptop to view the sharpness of the lens?

Is the variation in sharpness of lenses very obvious and absolutely necessary to do the testing?

I am thinking of shopping for the following lens:-
    - Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD (~$630)
    - Nikon AF-S 17-55 f/2.8G DX (~$2.1K)

Please advise....... I bought my Nikon 18-200VR without even testing.... just take and go man!!
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Default Re: Testing lenses b4 purchasing

the prices diff are great, have u decided what u want?

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post

the prices diff are great, have u decided what u want?
    Is the price difference justifiable??? I have heard nowadays that 3rd party lens do just as well as original nikon lens on nikon bodies......

I will probably still go for the Tamron....dun like Sigma...... hate the peeling stuffs... like rotten skin man!!

What say you bro? Worth the money to go for the later Nikon lens?
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    I have seen in thread that sellers commented that "this is the sharper lens I had tested"......

Does lens even from the same maker have different quality standard?

Does shops allow you to test the lens before buying? And on your own camera?

What to look out for? Do you guys bring a laptop to view the sharpness of the lens?

Is the variation in sharpness of lenses very obvious and absolutely necessary to do the testing?

Please advise....... I bought my Nikon 18-200VR without even testing.... just take and go man!!
    rent?

some sigma nowm to peel easily... u cud always guffur the lens... there are some people i don't know offering these services... u can check them out

....dun like Sigma...... hate the peeling stuffs... like rotten skin man!!

Just buy Nikkor Lens. Wouldn't regret it. Else after a while you will still get Nikkor Lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Minus70 View Post
    Just buy Nikkor Lens. Wouldn't regret it. Else after a while you will still get Nikkor Lens.
    But is it because of the quality of the pictures or the functionality of the lenses that make the price differ by so much???? I mean I could get a Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Nikon 50mm f1.4 and even a Nikon Micron lens (2nd hand) for the price of a brand new Nikon 17-55mm f2.8. Thats alot of difference leh..................

But is it because of the quality of the pictures or the functionality of the lenses that make the price differ by so much???? I mean I could get a Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Nikon 50mm f1.4 and even a Nikon Micron lens (2nd hand) for the price of a brand new Nikon 17-55mm f2.8. Thats alot of difference leh..................
    actually no diff la. get the tamron lor. still will get the same image as the nikkor one. so dun worry. tamron will do fine. if you see the picture taken by these two lens, looks all together the same. people will say nikkor better, thats simply because they can afford it. its only the build that is diff. the rest is the same.