Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

  1. #1

    Default Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Hi anyone,

    Been following the threads here and comes to conclusion on 3 models as stated.

    Personally I 'm more interested in Fuij but can anyone enlighten me whether I'd made the right choice ?

    Attracted by the high ISO capability of Fuji but review also shows that the Panny and canon are high achievers though !!!

    Really scratching my head now

  2. #2
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,125

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Quote Originally Posted by lordring888 View Post
    Hi anyone,

    Been following the threads here and comes to conclusion on 3 models as stated.

    Personally I 'm more interested in Fuij but can anyone enlighten me whether I'd made the right choice ?

    Attracted by the high ISO capability of Fuji but review also shows that the Panny and canon are high achievers though !!!

    Really scratching my head now
    Depends on what you want to use the cam for.

    I myself own the Canon S2IS. I love that cam. I am also looking at the Fuji 6500fd or the S9600 to replace the S2 if i am thinking of switching as the low light pics are better, and not so noisy.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    S6500fd would be my choice too..

    The availablility of wide angle and the manual zooming is too good to resist adding on its fantastic low light performance!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    S6500fd would be my choice too..

    The availablility of wide angle and the manual zooming is too good to resist adding on its fantastic low light performance!
    i second that
    fuji is a good choice, wide angle, manual ring for zoom, RAW, bla...bla...bla...

    i am currently using s3, and it is a good cam too...
    --

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Quote Originally Posted by lordring888 View Post
    Hi anyone,

    Been following the threads here and comes to conclusion on 3 models as stated.

    Personally I 'm more interested in Fuij but can anyone enlighten me whether I'd made the right choice ?

    Attracted by the high ISO capability of Fuji but review also shows that the Panny and canon are high achievers though !!!

    Really scratching my head now
    Why S3IS when S5IS is already out?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    yup! i concur as well. =]

    an owner of e s6500fd here, n i'd say it certainly does live up to its name!

  7. #7
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,125

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Quote Originally Posted by noobie View Post
    Why S3IS when S5IS is already out?
    S5IS may be out but no reviews on it yet. S2, S3, S6500fd and S9600 all have reviews out so we know what to look out for. Whether they are improvements or extra features.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    s6500fd... my choice too

  9. #9
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,125

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    TS no reply?

    Others get poisoned.


  10. #10

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Sorry ,

    Working night shift these few days ... sleep at day
    Been following the threads so far but as I'm not very knowledgeable in photography techniques so trying to get as much info .

    Been considering to get it from shop or wait for next IT show in sep . No doubt the price at shop is lower but the freebies during It show covered all the price diff though.
    2Gb XD + tripod == sweet

    Felixcat ..received a promotion pamphlet from canon ..S51s is selling for $799 with free 2Gb SD + Kit bag + AA rechargeable battery kit.

  11. #11
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,125

    Default Re: Fuji S6500fd or Panny Fz8 or Canon s31s

    Quote Originally Posted by lordring888 View Post
    Sorry ,

    Working night shift these few days ... sleep at day
    Been following the threads so far but as I'm not very knowledgeable in photography techniques so trying to get as much info .

    Been considering to get it from shop or wait for next IT show in sep . No doubt the price at shop is lower but the freebies during It show covered all the price diff though.
    2Gb XD + tripod == sweet

    Felixcat ..received a promotion pamphlet from canon ..S51s is selling for $799 with free 2Gb SD + Kit bag + AA rechargeable battery kit.
    Why not?

    Go for it! The S5 IS is a great cam. I have the S2 IS. Check this out

    www.mscolor.com.sg

    The fujis are on sale and with great freebies too.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=281651
    Last edited by felixcat8888; 6th June 2007 at 08:15 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •