Thread: Supreme Court - Lady Blue

Default Supreme Court - Lady Blue

Taken using an EOS300 on Max400 film. No filters or extra saturation was used. Slight grain can be seen due to scan quality.

Very good contrast between the sky and the supreme court. I think the deep blue sky helps alot in this shot. Btw, what scanner r u using?

yeap I agree on the nice contrast, makes the supreme court very outstanding. Some nitpicks are that the tree at the bottom right is should be excluded if can be helped, and some details on the building are blown off.

Great pic still!

Grain is probably due to the Max 400 itself.

Regards
    CK

Amazing contrast....

really taken on the fly without CPL or stuff?

Originally posted by Tweek
    yeap I agree on the nice contrast, makes the supreme court very outstanding. Some nitpicks are that the tree at the bottom right is should be excluded if can be helped, and some details on the building are blown off.

Great pic still!
    Falcon:
    Don't know the actual model, but its a Linoscan A3 scanner.

Tweek:
    I actually felt that the tree adds more color to the scene, quite impossible to take it away unless a take the shot head on from the front of the building. The blown-off details could be the result of the scan and resizing (resized from an 8R shot).

ckiang:
    Yeah, damn wasted, but it was the only roll of film I had that day.

SniperD:
    Yes, no CPL or other filters. That day had probably one of the bluest skies of the year.

Originally posted by thoa_rs
    Tweek:
    I actually felt that the tree adds more color to the scene, quite impossible to take it away unless a take the shot head on from the front of the building. The blown-off details could be the result of the scan and resizing (resized from an 8R shot).
    I see I see....in that case I think the tree should have been more complete to add some aesthetic touch to the picture. My feel is that half a tree looks more like an accidental inclusion, a distraction.

Yup I know can't take the tree away from your angle...that's why I said it's a nitpick, hehe. =)

Originally posted by Tweek
    I see I see....in that case I think the tree should have been more complete to add some aesthetic touch to the picture. My feel is that half a tree looks more like an accidental inclusion, a distraction.

Yup I know can't take the tree away from your angle...that's why I said it's a nitpick, hehe. =)
    thanks for the pointer! i'll take note of that next time.

RedDevil7
    Guests

tis an evening shot? cool blue...

Originally posted by RedDevil7
    tis an evening shot? cool blue...
    believe it or not, it was taken at 9am. Thats the only time when the court faces the sun.

RedDevil7
    Guests

believe it or not, it was taken at 9am. Thats the only time when the court faces the sun.
    great timing!

maybe it's just me. i feel that the contrast is too high, resulting in the photo looking very "hard".

btw, i find the sky is at its most blue between 9am to 10am.

Thumbs up Great shot!

Hi Throas,

Very nice blue...imazing that the details on supreme court are so well maintained despite no Neutral density filter!

I really enjoy the contrast!

Seems like digital still has a long way to beat this kind of resolution and details...

Default Re: Great shot!

Originally posted by NorthernLights
    Hi Throas,

Very nice blue...imazing that the details on supreme court are so well maintained despite no Neutral density filter!

I really enjoy the contrast!

Seems like digital still has a long way to beat this kind of resolution and details...
    thanks for the comment!