Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EOS Experience Day

Default Re: EOS Experience Day

Quote Originally Posted by FilterFunk View Post
    he is working..

but i didnt go either..
    was at Central just now.. the stage and lighting is also..
    I see... So you were with Eow? But you guys should have enjoyed the event mah.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    I see... So you were with Eow? But you guys should have enjoyed the event mah.
    alot of clubsnappers are there...

super alot of familiar faces.. not to mention alot of new ones too
    also noticed a reasonably large community of tamron lens users regardless of which mount (Canon/Nikon/Sony-KM)

Hopes this hint tt Canon is losing favour ... and starts to drop ...
    Canon5DMk2//17-40L//70-200 F2.8L//24-105L//35L//135L

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Yah, if no rain would see more Canon users there.
    Haha...today no rain!!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Today is a much better day....bright sunshine, and more Canon people and volunteers on the ground to help the users and students. I think many people's prayer has been answered.
    Yeah...the models shoot was my fave.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    It seemed like you are angry with everyone juz becoz you have missed the bus and also by spending a few $ on taxi fare you are taking out on all those hardworking Canon "folks".

There are many others who didnt miss the bus.
    Kowtows to Canon for organising such events, and unless you have managed one before, you couldnt understand how much efforts, time, resources and monies were put into it.

It's also ridiculous that you are belittling almost everyone except yourself .... the models, the Ah Peks (old) photographers and the "young guys", the MC, etc....
    Yourself being in the healthcare, plse remember that these Ah Peks are someone's parents, these young guys are someone's brothers/sons/friends,bfs and these "yee-errgh" models are someone's sisters/daughters/gfs.

The worse of all, this statement, "No offence again, but it's as if that was the first time they saw women!" is most uncalled for, esp for someone in the healthcare industry!

Shame on you .... where is your humility and compassion.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank Canon and all the hardworking folks at the event.

Haizzz....was very disappointed when i saw the post....Words from people who i think is not professional enough....

Everyone was working hard....the carpark was far, they still have to run out to find umbrellas to shelter those who are stuck in the tent....in the rain

Most of the canon people are all drenching wet and I see them change and change so many times....they are shivering with cold and also hot from running here and there...

Trying to solve the problem, calling to get the bus early so as not to delay ur precious time....

We models try very hard to do what we can as well. Trying to pose and to be careful (not to zao geng). In the not-too-much-but-still-got-a-bit-of-rain and under the not-too-hot-but-still-got-sun weather....

I AM SOoooooo Sorry that our mother born us not to ur standard....
    Last edited by poisonlady; 17th June 2007 at 09:37 PM.

Oh ya, thanks to those who were trying very hard to capture us....

It was fun =) thanks
    Last edited by poisonlady; 17th June 2007 at 09:37 PM.

yyyyyyy today no rain

but anyway, for thoes who come today should have fun liao, must be better than yesterday,cuz no rain
    Canon 5D + Leica R5
    http://ilshfe.blogspot.com

he is working..

but i didnt go either..
    was at Central just now.. the stage and lighting is also..
    Hw come u nvr go? Canon kia must go EOS day mah.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonlady View Post

It was fun =) thanks
    Thanks 2 u for posing n working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ilshfe View Post
    yyyyyyy today no rain

but anyway, for thoes who come today should have fun liao, must be better than yesterday,cuz no rain
    No rain today gd mah, although i was there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonlady View Post

It was fun =) thanks
    well done.. not easy to be posing all day and in this kind of weather..

Hw come u nvr go? Canon kia must go EOS day mah.
    i want to see 300 f2.8 on 5D power or not.. heard from some bro no 5D on display..

neither the big guns (>400mm) dont really interest me nor shooting the ladies who are posing for shooting are my kind of shooting..

yah the 1dmk3 is tempting me to go but the location is kinda bad for me, no car to drive there too

the 1DmkIII eat up my CF card very fast!

i want to see 300 f2.8 on 5D power or not.. heard from some bro no 5D on display..

neither the big guns (>400mm) dont really interest me nor shooting the ladies who are posing for shooting are my kind of shooting..

yah the 1dmk3 is tempting me to go but the location is kinda bad for me, no car to drive there too
    Oic. East coast really hard 2 go there if not driving. I walk like siao from Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    the 1DmkIII eat up my CF card very fast!
    its time to upgrade your CF card.

Oic. East coast really hard 2 go there if not driving. I walk like siao from Parkway.
    Dont complain lar. We walk together 1 ok. Road March

lol, walk from parkway is disasterous, tried that a couple of years back when i had a bbq there

lol, walk from parkway is disasterous, tried that a couple of years back when i had a bbq there
    I know. Siong wit my gear. But no choice cause East Coast really hard 2 go without driving.

Oh dear, I realize I may have offended a few people from my earlier comments. No matter what clarifications I want to give below, first of all, I'd like to say Sorry. I will now answer to each poster. To:

Canonised:

Hi bro. I vaguely remembered we had some form of communication directly or indirectly in the past.

I dunno why you said I was angry. I wasn't angry. Ok, maybe it sounded unfair for me to reproach Canon about the bus thingy without considering their other bigger efforts. I thot they could have handled it better cos I had high expectations for Canon and if you know me well, I think Canon has always been a great org. Ok to be fair, I think Canon did a wonderful job also to hold such events. I hope that sets the tone in place on Canon's part.

I didn't belittle the photographers and MC as you said. When I said Ah Peks and young guys, I really meant "men -- young and old". And I sincerely didn't know that Ah Pek is a derogatory term??? You want to know the truth? In healthcare, we use Ah Peks and Ah-Ums a lot. For some patients as well as cleaners. In fact one of my doc colleague like to use it often. It can be seen as a jovial term. For eg: "Ah Pek, ler jiak pa buay?" (Translated: Old man, have you eaten already?) I dunno why you brought in all the someone's parents, bfs, etc etc. It's up to you to interpret. Ah Pek in that jovial form, or bad one like Dirty old Ah Pek?

Regarding my comment "as if first time saw women". It's unfortunate. I had meant it to be a tongue-in-cheek comment. Now when I read it again, I think I went too far. So this one I offer no excuses and I apologize. I'm in no position to decide who to shoot what.

Koelsch and poisonlady:

I think if one wants to be in the limelight, like being a model, actor, celebrity, singer, etc, one has to accept comments from others. Whoever said showbiz or being in the limelight is an easy thingy? For Pete's sake, celebrities have gotten killed and committed suicides. Some comments you may receive are nice. But not all are, even if you seem to have done all the right things in life. But if you want to be in the limelight, you have to be prepared for comments. And this is the Internet, you can't control freedom of speech unless you are....

People are free to voice their opinions. It's like some use Canon, others prefer Nikon. You watch a show, and say you love it. Your friend says It sucks! Who is absolutely right? No one. But is your friend wrong to say it sucks? Or should your friend simply reserve his or her comment cos it's not positive?

Koelsch, I don't agree with your opinion, if you think you can do better, why don't you do it? Next time, you go listen to some concert and the performer sings not as well as you think, and you say it so, what if I tell you, You think you can sing better? Then go on stage lah! Ok you protest, Yeah, sure, the models are shot for free anyway. Free also want to complain ah?? But that is not the point. Free or not free, opinions are waiting to be aired.

Poisonlady:

I dunno which model you are but you seem to wallow in self-pity about the job you do. Why be? It's not that no one is appreciative of your effort. But like I said above, you want to be out in the open, to be in the limelight, you got to take such comments in your stride. It's part of your job. Either you break into pieces or learn, do something, or move on by throwing them out of your mind as you please.

I'm sorry, I find it impossible to say nothing is wrong with the model's teeth:

Bribe me, coerce me, influence me. It's no use. My opinion is the same. The teeth look unpleasant and make her unflattering. What's wrong with voicing that? She's a model right? Canon paid her? Or should I reserve comments cos it's not positive? Or pretend, Lovely model!

And lastly, but most importantly, to Canonised, Koelsch, and poisonlady, if you read all the posts carefully, you will see I'm not the only one who expressed negative comments on the models. It's unfortunately, cos my description may be the most explicit so it's easily targeted.

In fact, if I may quote Lightning who says: "The models that appear at 12 plus is [sic] better. But not that much better also." So how, you guys gonna hantam him also? We are merely expressing opinions. And some even referred to the Wacom manager as the "Wacom guy" and wondered if he really knew about photo-editing or picked it up 30mins b4hand? What do you guys have to say about this comment then? How will he feel if he hears such comments? But does it mean no one has the right to comment on his presentation?

To be fair, I think the Wacom manager did a good photo-editing job, except it'd be much better if he had done a comparison between using a mouse and the tablet. See? That's my opinion. Opinions differ.

Whatever it is, in closure, I'm not seeking for hatred. Yes, I've apologized for the strong use of words, but for the other comments, I stand firm. In any case, if it's too much in anyway, I'd still apologize all the same. Hope we will all move on from here.

Oh and, of cos, Canon is great! My choice anytime in DSLR.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast