Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EOS Experience Day

Default Re: EOS Experience Day

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    touch wood...
    everyone pray all the rain come tonight den tmr will be cool but sunny too.
    But these kind of things we cannot predict one mah. If have to rain, have to rain.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Hope tomolo really doesn't rain. I'm dropping by at 1300hrs.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

4pm-6pm shots wassnt that bad after all ;D
    Canon 400D | 430 EX | 24-105mm L Lens
    Please hook me up for any cosplay events ..

Somehow I found that the Wacom guy not very steady leh. Was wondering if he knew how to use photoshop or did he get a 30min tutorial just before the presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    yah.. the stickers.. should have kup a few more la. aiyah...

but never give those car stickers..

ok la...

dun complain liao la... at least gt experience day la...
    Those stickers r gd.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    But these kind of things we cannot predict one mah. If have to rain, have to rain.
    Yah, if no rain would see more Canon users there.

You will get to print out (free, A4 size) one of your shoot there. However, the software canon using does not support RAW format, so if you wish to get the print out, shoot in JPEG.
    Visit me at minioldman.com.

Quote Originally Posted by cantaresg View Post
    Somehow I found that the Wacom guy not very steady leh. Was wondering if he knew how to use photoshop or did he get a 30min tutorial just before the presentation.
    I second that, I think with a mouse I can be more efficient then him is photoshop editing....he did not demonstrate the advantage of the tablet! The tablet is better for illustration and sketching in my opinion. Come to photo editing, the advantage is not so apparent!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    I second that, I think with a mouse I can be more efficient then him is photoshop editing....he did not demonstrate the advantage of the tablet! The tablet is better for illustration and sketching in my opinion. Come to photo editing, the advantage is not so apparent!
    I was there during the 10-12 slot yesterday. Skipped the Wacom prezo bcos expected it to be more liked a sales pitch (the 1DM3 prezo to a certain extent also). Anyway got to leave early. Enjoyed the session, not too crowded. Luckily there was the wakeboarding for us to shoot, else will be too boring just with the two models.

You were wearing the CanonGrapher's T? Saw u with a couple of others who conducted the basic PS seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by muzikbug View Post
    I was there during the 10-12 slot yesterday. Skipped the Wacom prezo bcos expected it to be more liked a sales pitch (the 1DM3 prezo to a certain extent also). Anyway got to leave early. Enjoyed the session, not too crowded. Luckily there was the wakeboarding for us to shoot, else will be too boring just with the two models.

You were wearing the CanonGrapher's T? Saw u with a couple of others who conducted the basic PS seminar.
    Yah, going today again with my students from 1 - 3pm. The models that appear at 12 plus is better. But not that much better also.... I love the 300 F2.8 Amazing lens, I think the range is just nice. With 2x TC it is still very usable.

Any idea how to force Lightroom to update itself to read the 1D MK3 RAW file? I've already set the preference to get LR to update any updates automatically but it just cannot recognise the RAW file from 1DMK3.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Yah, going today again with my students from 1 - 3pm. The models that appear at 12 plus is better. But not that much better also.... I love the 300 F2.8 Amazing lens, I think the range is just nice. With 2x TC it is still very usable.
    Diff timing diff models?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Bad organizing from the Canon folks.. Went down to Bedok MRT, waited both sides of the road, my friend one side, me on the other. They didn't even mention which side. None of Canon staff know what is going on when called them. In the end waited and waited. Saw no shuttle bus so got to take cab.

Mark III Nice, nice. But think it's good for sports or journalistic photogs. Doesn't seem to tempt me. Ha... I'd prefer the 5D anytme.

A very amusing thingy I observed.. The Canon MC announced there would be "hot babes" in bikini to shoot. When I went there, saw there was a rather huge group of photogs. When I moved in closer, I was wondering, huh?! No offence, but the gals were far from hot. In fact, one of the 2 got such crooked and overcrowded teeth that they made her look unflattering and "yee-errgh". Backdrop was not nice too.

The best part was, you can find the Ah Peks and young guys with their big L's and zooms shooting enthusiastically. No offence again, but it's as if that was the first time they saw women! Maybe it's just shoot for the sake of shooting since already brought along their gears.

Dunno where Canon got those models from. But if you wanna try out the MarkIII and some cool lenses, then worth a go. Can drop the model part though.
    It seemed like you are angry with everyone juz becoz you have missed the bus and also by spending a few $ on taxi fare you are taking out on all those hardworking Canon "folks".

There are many others who didnt miss the bus.
    Kowtows to Canon for organising such events, and unless you have managed one before, you couldnt understand how much efforts, time, resources and monies were put into it.

It's also ridiculous that you are belittling almost everyone except yourself .... the models, the Ah Peks (old) photographers and the "young guys", the MC, etc....
    Yourself being in the healthcare, plse remember that these Ah Peks are someone's parents, these young guys are someone's brothers/sons/friends,bfs and these "yee-errgh" models are someone's sisters/daughters/gfs.

The worse of all, this statement, "No offence again, but it's as if that was the first time they saw women!" is most uncalled for, esp for someone in the healthcare industry!

Shame on you .... where is your humility and compassion.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank Canon and all the hardworking folks at the event.
    always the Light, .... always.

Today is a much better day....bright sunshine, and more Canon people and volunteers on the ground to help the users and students. I think many people's prayer has been answered.

Some people just like to complain. It's a free event. Not happy dont come for any future events lohhh .. Can never understand some people's attitude.

Canon not gonna miss too much of your $$$ even if 1 day u decide not to use their stuff. Just a tiny drop in e ocean to them.

Not targetting to everyone. U noe who u are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    It seemed like you are angry with everyone juz becoz you have missed the bus and also by spending a few $ on taxi fare you are taking out on all those hardworking Canon "folks".

There are many others who didnt miss the bus.
    Kowtows to Canon for organising such events, and unless you have managed one before, you couldnt understand how much efforts, time, resources and monies were put into it.

It's also ridiculous that you are belittling almost everyone except yourself .... the models, the Ah Peks (old) photographers and the "young guys", the MC, etc....
    Yourself being in the healthcare, plse remember that these Ah Peks are someone's parents, these young guys are someone's brothers/sons/friends,bfs and these "yee-errgh" models are someone's sisters/daughters/gfs.

The worse of all, this statement, "No offence again, but it's as if that was the first time they saw women!" is most uncalled for, esp for someone in the healthcare industry!

Shame on you .... where is your humility and compassion.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank Canon and all the hardworking folks at the event.

hahahaha maybe he just didn't get a good breakfast or something. mind you, we all know that it isn't easy to get to east coast, but at least you could consider the fact that the organisers and ppls involved have alot more work to do than you!

and who are you to comment on the photographers there or the models? maybe sometimes some girls just dont appeal to you but some ppls just might like them. so why don't you model and we shoot you? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post

and who are you to comment on the photographers there or the models? maybe sometimes some girls just dont appeal to you but some ppls just might like them. so why don't you model and we shoot you? =)
    whalau ..... u attached my post in yr comment...., ppl will think that i am the one complaining ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Looks like everyone is having fun over there ...
    Canon5DMk2//17-40L//70-200 F2.8L//24-105L//35L//135L

Quote Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
    Looks like everyone is having fun over there ...
    How about you, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    How about you, bro?
    he is working..

but i didnt go either..
    was at Central just now.. the stage and lighting is also..

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast