Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2710111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 244

Thread: EOS Experience Day

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    5,711

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    wah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! u mean u stayed till 6 pm ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hehe...he is thinking to get 600mm too...

  2. #222
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by John Tan View Post
    hehe...he is thinking to get 600mm too...
    Might as well get the 1200mm better..

  3. #223

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by John Tan View Post
    hehe...he is thinking to get 600mm too...
    Wah!

    Garion...Go!Go!Go! Buy!Buy!Buy!
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #224

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post

    I'm sorry, I find it impossible to say nothing is wrong with the model's teeth:



    Bribe me, coerce me, influence me. It's no use. My opinion is the same. The teeth look unpleasant and make her unflattering. What's wrong with voicing that? She's a model right? Canon paid her? Or should I reserve comments cos it's not positive? Or pretend, Lovely model!
    Just for your info, this model that you are complaining about is the current reigning Ms Earth Singapore. Plus, she and her modelling partner are on the cover of NewMan Magazine this month. So if that's not considered high standard enough, I don't know what else you are expecting. Please keep in mind that no person is perfect. There will always be some flaws... The good photographers will know how to cover the flaws and capture the more beautiful side of the model...

    Just my 2 cents worth...

  5. #225
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebelle View Post
    .. this model ... is the current reigning Ms Earth Singapore... on the cover of NewMan Magazine this month. So if that's not considered high standard enough, I don't know what else you are expecting.
    So what's your point? Won contest and on magazine must be high standard? Don't see the logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebelle View Post
    The good photographers will know how to cover the flaws and capture the more beautiful side of the model...
    I agree with this statement though.

  6. #226

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Dindt play with the big guns much but got to play with this lens..

    The 14/2.8 (fellow clubnsapper with the lens)


    Its scary how much the front element protrudes out..


    One quick snap sample..


    Super wide even on a 1.6 crop. Too bad no chance to try this on a 1.3 or FF...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Raptor84:

    You should have tried the 15mm FE on the 5D mind blowing

    I tried the 14mm on a 350D .. pretty ok. The 14mm L is not a FE.

  8. #228

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Yea its a super wide but without the usual distortion.. the price is very off-putting though...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  9. #229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Yea its a super wide but without the usual distortion.. the price is very off-putting though...
    its a specialised "L" ... hence the price

    Anyway, FM has a few users conplaining on FF cameras that the edges tend to be soft

  10. #230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    15mm FE on a 5D is similar when used on a film cam. The result is what i called a true 'fish-eye' perspective.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  11. #231

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Oh dear, I realize I may have offended a few people from my earlier comments. No matter what clarifications I want to give below, first of all, I'd like to say Sorry. I will now answer to each poster. To:

    Canonised:

    Hi bro. I vaguely remembered we had some form of communication directly or indirectly in the past.

    I dunno why you said I was angry. I wasn't angry. Ok, maybe it sounded unfair for me to reproach Canon about the bus thingy without considering their other bigger efforts. I thot they could have handled it better cos I had high expectations for Canon and if you know me well, I think Canon has always been a great org. Ok to be fair, I think Canon did a wonderful job also to hold such events. I hope that sets the tone in place on Canon's part.

    I didn't belittle the photographers and MC as you said. When I said Ah Peks and young guys, I really meant "men -- young and old". And I sincerely didn't know that Ah Pek is a derogatory term??? You want to know the truth? In healthcare, we use Ah Peks and Ah-Ums a lot. For some patients as well as cleaners. In fact one of my doc colleague like to use it often. It can be seen as a jovial term. For eg: "Ah Pek, ler jiak pa buay?" (Translated: Old man, have you eaten already?) I dunno why you brought in all the someone's parents, bfs, etc etc. It's up to you to interpret. Ah Pek in that jovial form, or bad one like Dirty old Ah Pek?

    Regarding my comment "as if first time saw women". It's unfortunate. I had meant it to be a tongue-in-cheek comment. Now when I read it again, I think I went too far. So this one I offer no excuses and I apologize. I'm in no position to decide who to shoot what.

    Koelsch and poisonlady:

    I think if one wants to be in the limelight, like being a model, actor, celebrity, singer, etc, one has to accept comments from others. Whoever said showbiz or being in the limelight is an easy thingy? For Pete's sake, celebrities have gotten killed and committed suicides. Some comments you may receive are nice. But not all are, even if you seem to have done all the right things in life. But if you want to be in the limelight, you have to be prepared for comments. And this is the Internet, you can't control freedom of speech unless you are....

    People are free to voice their opinions. It's like some use Canon, others prefer Nikon. You watch a show, and say you love it. Your friend says It sucks! Who is absolutely right? No one. But is your friend wrong to say it sucks? Or should your friend simply reserve his or her comment cos it's not positive?

    Koelsch, I don't agree with your opinion, if you think you can do better, why don't you do it? Next time, you go listen to some concert and the performer sings not as well as you think, and you say it so, what if I tell you, You think you can sing better? Then go on stage lah! Ok you protest, Yeah, sure, the models are shot for free anyway. Free also want to complain ah?? But that is not the point. Free or not free, opinions are waiting to be aired.

    Poisonlady:

    I dunno which model you are but you seem to wallow in self-pity about the job you do. Why be? It's not that no one is appreciative of your effort. But like I said above, you want to be out in the open, to be in the limelight, you got to take such comments in your stride. It's part of your job. Either you break into pieces or learn, do something, or move on by throwing them out of your mind as you please.

    I'm sorry, I find it impossible to say nothing is wrong with the model's teeth:



    Bribe me, coerce me, influence me. It's no use. My opinion is the same. The teeth look unpleasant and make her unflattering. What's wrong with voicing that? She's a model right? Canon paid her? Or should I reserve comments cos it's not positive? Or pretend, Lovely model!

    And lastly, but most importantly, to Canonised, Koelsch, and poisonlady, if you read all the posts carefully, you will see I'm not the only one who expressed negative comments on the models. It's unfortunately, cos my description may be the most explicit so it's easily targeted.

    In fact, if I may quote Lightning who says: "The models that appear at 12 plus is [sic] better. But not that much better also." So how, you guys gonna hantam him also? We are merely expressing opinions. And some even referred to the Wacom manager as the "Wacom guy" and wondered if he really knew about photo-editing or picked it up 30mins b4hand? What do you guys have to say about this comment then? How will he feel if he hears such comments? But does it mean no one has the right to comment on his presentation?

    To be fair, I think the Wacom manager did a good photo-editing job, except it'd be much better if he had done a comparison between using a mouse and the tablet. See? That's my opinion. Opinions differ.

    Whatever it is, in closure, I'm not seeking for hatred. Yes, I've apologized for the strong use of words, but for the other comments, I stand firm. In any case, if it's too much in anyway, I'd still apologize all the same. Hope we will all move on from here.

    Oh and, of cos, Canon is great! My choice anytime in DSLR.




    get a life seriously...there's better things to do out there than to defame others...
    you may have the right and freedom of speech/post but that's provided if you'r given/blessed with the right level of maturity and sensitivity...apparently you'r lacking quite abit and your superficiality is blatant and evidental,as if you posted whatever you had without the thought or intention that it would inccur hurt and debate...

    it's people like you and others alike that caused singapore to be such a conservative country becasue we simply cannot trust our own people to think and act responsibly with maturity and in this very situation, make me start to doubt the agenda and integrity behind you as a photographer if not clubsnap...you have tarnished what i always thought of as a pretty interesting forum
    apologies to the clubsnap people and any photographers if you'r offended, i just want to bring across my point and raise the awareness of the effects of one's actions...
    btw, im not a photographer myself but am in some ways interested in photography thus the occasional visit to clubsnap

    towards a free-er and more responsible society,
    gday everyone
    Last edited by disegno; 21st June 2007 at 01:13 AM.

  12. #232

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Oh dear, I realize I may have offended a few people from my earlier comments. No matter what clarifications I want to give below, first of all, I'd like to say Sorry. I will now answer to each poster. To:

    Canonised:

    Hi bro. I vaguely remembered we had some form of communication directly or indirectly in the past.

    I dunno why you said I was angry. I wasn't angry. Ok, maybe it sounded unfair for me to reproach Canon about the bus thingy without considering their other bigger efforts. I thot they could have handled it better cos I had high expectations for Canon and if you know me well, I think Canon has always been a great org. Ok to be fair, I think Canon did a wonderful job also to hold such events. I hope that sets the tone in place on Canon's part.

    I didn't belittle the photographers and MC as you said. When I said Ah Peks and young guys, I really meant "men -- young and old". And I sincerely didn't know that Ah Pek is a derogatory term??? You want to know the truth? In healthcare, we use Ah Peks and Ah-Ums a lot. For some patients as well as cleaners. In fact one of my doc colleague like to use it often. It can be seen as a jovial term. For eg: "Ah Pek, ler jiak pa buay?" (Translated: Old man, have you eaten already?) I dunno why you brought in all the someone's parents, bfs, etc etc. It's up to you to interpret. Ah Pek in that jovial form, or bad one like Dirty old Ah Pek?

    Regarding my comment "as if first time saw women". It's unfortunate. I had meant it to be a tongue-in-cheek comment. Now when I read it again, I think I went too far. So this one I offer no excuses and I apologize. I'm in no position to decide who to shoot what.

    Koelsch and poisonlady:

    I think if one wants to be in the limelight, like being a model, actor, celebrity, singer, etc, one has to accept comments from others. Whoever said showbiz or being in the limelight is an easy thingy? For Pete's sake, celebrities have gotten killed and committed suicides. Some comments you may receive are nice. But not all are, even if you seem to have done all the right things in life. But if you want to be in the limelight, you have to be prepared for comments. And this is the Internet, you can't control freedom of speech unless you are....

    People are free to voice their opinions. It's like some use Canon, others prefer Nikon. You watch a show, and say you love it. Your friend says It sucks! Who is absolutely right? No one. But is your friend wrong to say it sucks? Or should your friend simply reserve his or her comment cos it's not positive?

    Koelsch, I don't agree with your opinion, if you think you can do better, why don't you do it? Next time, you go listen to some concert and the performer sings not as well as you think, and you say it so, what if I tell you, You think you can sing better? Then go on stage lah! Ok you protest, Yeah, sure, the models are shot for free anyway. Free also want to complain ah?? But that is not the point. Free or not free, opinions are waiting to be aired.

    Poisonlady:

    I dunno which model you are but you seem to wallow in self-pity about the job you do. Why be? It's not that no one is appreciative of your effort. But like I said above, you want to be out in the open, to be in the limelight, you got to take such comments in your stride. It's part of your job. Either you break into pieces or learn, do something, or move on by throwing them out of your mind as you please.

    I'm sorry, I find it impossible to say nothing is wrong with the model's teeth:



    Bribe me, coerce me, influence me. It's no use. My opinion is the same. The teeth look unpleasant and make her unflattering. What's wrong with voicing that? She's a model right? Canon paid her? Or should I reserve comments cos it's not positive? Or pretend, Lovely model!

    And lastly, but most importantly, to Canonised, Koelsch, and poisonlady, if you read all the posts carefully, you will see I'm not the only one who expressed negative comments on the models. It's unfortunately, cos my description may be the most explicit so it's easily targeted.

    In fact, if I may quote Lightning who says: "The models that appear at 12 plus is [sic] better. But not that much better also." So how, you guys gonna hantam him also? We are merely expressing opinions. And some even referred to the Wacom manager as the "Wacom guy" and wondered if he really knew about photo-editing or picked it up 30mins b4hand? What do you guys have to say about this comment then? How will he feel if he hears such comments? But does it mean no one has the right to comment on his presentation?

    To be fair, I think the Wacom manager did a good photo-editing job, except it'd be much better if he had done a comparison between using a mouse and the tablet. See? That's my opinion. Opinions differ.

    Whatever it is, in closure, I'm not seeking for hatred. Yes, I've apologized for the strong use of words, but for the other comments, I stand firm. In any case, if it's too much in anyway, I'd still apologize all the same. Hope we will all move on from here.

    Oh and, of cos, Canon is great! My choice anytime in DSLR.

    Dude, your reasoning is a bit warped. You say for people to be in the limelight, they must accept criticism. Then would you dare to criticise politicians since they are also in the limelight what, just that in another different way.

    Although the models may not meet everybody's definition of beauty, but at least they are brave enough to be up there for people to take pictures of. How many of us would actually dare to do that. When making comments, it is fine, everybody has their point of view. But in putting up the picture and openly criticising the model, it is really uncalled for. How would you feel if your picture is the one that is put up there for criticism, hope you put yourself in the shoes of others before doing things like this.
    Last edited by 7Sins; 23rd June 2007 at 11:18 AM.

  13. #233

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Duh still fighting in here!

    Well i suggest maybe one of the organisers in here .. maybe Poisonlady can arrange a private photoshoot of Jessica n her miss earth lady fren together. Then everyone can judge how good or not she is lohhh.

    End of story. Don't look too much at her teeth la n wat other nonsense.

  14. #234
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Warm Welcome to our 2 latest member for sharing their thoughts on this

    Let's move on

    More GST ahead !
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  15. #235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Raptor84:

    You should have tried the 15mm FE on the 5D mind blowing
    Here's a sample (5D +15mm FE) uncropped, only resized and sharpened. Buy Buy Buy!!!



    Thanks to Will03 for providing the body & Canon Singapore for the lens.

  16. #236

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    enough of the nonsense lah.. move on. This is a Canon thread, why the childish rebuts on some model.

    wat nonsnese, disegno and 7Sins. If you guys want to make a statement come out of the closet instead of using a new nick. I'm always a supporter of freedom of speech. Disegno, contradictions on your arguments. You lament about Singapore's conservativeness yet you downplay speaking up what one feels. Had this been a website in the US, comments will probably be worse and more free. So what's your point, mistaken self-righteous man?

    7Sins, I dunno what strict definition limelight means to the guy who used it in his post. But whoever said politicans are not much talked about? It's everywhere in the world. Even in Singapore, you know I know.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSQhXiAZvw

  17. #237

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    hi Priscilia, Disegno is not a new nick...i dont understand what do you mean by that? you know me? or do you just simply not know what does Disegno means...
    iv been using that nick since many years back...anw,
    apparently you do not understand my post thus the misconception of me contradicting myself...

    you have a very naive understanding of the word 'freedom' and so i presume you are with the mentality that given the freedom of speech, one can talk about anything everything without considering anything else at all?
    think about it again, just like what 7Sins...put yourself in others' shoes
    'do not do unto others what you do not wish others to do to you'

    lastly,precisely this is a Canon thread...objective comments and experiences are more than welcome i should think but personal attacks hmm....
    probably more about photographic experience rather than individual displeasure?
    'blaming the subject of a photo is like blaming the racquet when you cant play badminton well...'
    kiwi2, u have alot to think about...im not sure if that is your real name,priscilia..what's your take on the initiator of this dabate? im interested to know...thnx

    reflect and think more

  18. #238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Hey guys cool it there. Back to thread.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  19. #239

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Here's a sample (5D +15mm FE) uncropped, only resized and sharpened. Buy Buy Buy!!!



    Thanks to Will03 for providing the body & Canon Singapore for the lens.
    How come only a few ppl there shooting? Wat time was it?

  20. #240
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: EOS Experience Day

    From the EXIF, the shot was taken on: 17/6/2007 @ 11.55 am.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2710111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •