Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast

Thread: EOS Experience Day

Default Re: EOS Experience Day

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Actually, I find the models ok, from the images here ... Regretted not going , wanted to play with the machine gun and shoot models too .
    Actually mk3 is fixed at the other corner...u have to use your own cam to shoot models...

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan View Post
    Went there for 1-3pm slot...a bit disappointed about those telephoto lenses mounted with heavy duty tripod at bad position and not allow to shift to better location for testing with the mk3...think this is the worst preview for new Canon cam...badly control as they allow the public to shoot the mk3 instead of invited guests/ sport photographers...those kids/parent carry their kids just press it to hear how is machine gun sound like...those temp staffs from Canon r simply bo chap & not helpful at all!

Was thinking to get the 400mm / 500mm / 600mm with mk3 but ...
    Hope to test in the next EOS experience Day or Pro Shuttlebug...as it is very difficult to test in the shop for 400mm ~ 600mm lenses...
    Oh those are temp staff?

I asked them questions about the timing of shuttle bus to the place, and they said dunno. Asked them if there would be buses to take us back, also dunno! Was told to look out for MC's announcement! They also told me there would be no more talks after the Canon rep had finished cos I was deciding whether to go back. Short while later, turned out got 1 more. They were nice though but ill prepared.

Yeah.. And I wonder what the purpose was to put the big L lenses and MkIII in a ""corner" while the action was happening a couple of meters away to the side. How come they couldn't set up the gears in front of the wakeboarders? Then more could enjoy and really test the power of the MkIII + lenses, which is what the main idea of the event was. In the end, I saw only people with their own camera bodies and long tele lenses shooting the wakeboarders. Others who probably couldn't reach so far with their lenses shot models instead.
    Last edited by David; 18th June 2007 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    you guys can actually take bus to laguna flyover there and walk over.
    nearer.
    ya ...
    Canon 5D + Leica R5
    http://ilshfe.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Oic. East coast really hard 2 go there if not driving. I walk like siao from Parkway.
    Agree!! Only one feeder bus to the location and had to wait like almost half an hour for it while waiting to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan View Post
    Went there for 1-3pm slot...a bit disappointed about those telephoto lenses mounted with heavy duty tripod at bad position and not allow to shift to better location for testing with the mk3...think this is the worst preview for new Canon cam...badly control as they allow the public to shoot the mk3 instead of invited guests/ sport photographers...those kids/parent carry their kids just press it to hear how is machine gun sound like...those temp staffs from Canon r simply bo chap & not helpful at all!

Was thinking to get the 400mm / 500mm / 600mm with mk3 but ...
    Hope to test in the next EOS experience Day or Pro Shuttlebug...as it is very difficult to test in the shop for 400mm ~ 600mm lenses...
    Yes the positioning of the super telephoto lenses was bad...wayyy at the side and not at a good location to capture the wakeboarders...mostly can get side views only. The best spot where most of the action is was kena blocked by the big tent housing the EOS 30 yr anniversary exhibit. And the crowd control was not very good... the temp staff on duty never monitored the crowd at all, or assisted when ppl were testing out the cams...saw many ppl trying to figure how to slot in CF card, change settings etc...for a normal non DSLR user the Mk3 must have been a pain in the neck to figure how to operate...even in the afternoon session many members of public just went up to the cams and anyhow whack or touch and feel the gear.

And near the end of the event...I think one of the 1DMk3 went missing! About 6 pm, saw the staff rushing around trying to check the total no. of 1DMk3 sets...appears that someone swapped a 20D set w/o battery grip for the 1DMk3 which was mounted on the 300mm f2.8L IS. Not sure they managed to found it as I went off after that.

BTW nice shot John with the 1200mm.
    Last edited by Garion; 18th June 2007 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Agree!! Only one feeder bus to the location and had to wait like almost half an hour for it while waiting to go home.

Yes the positioning of the super telephoto lenses was bad...wayyy at the side and not at a good location to capture the wakeboarders...mostly can get side views only. The best spot where most of the action is was kena blocked by the big tent housing the EOS 30 yr anniversary exhibit. And the crowd control was not very good... the temp staff on duty never monitored the crowd at all, or assisted when ppl were testing out the cams...saw many ppl trying to figure how to slot in CF card, change settings etc...for a normal non DSLR user the Mk3 must have been a pain in the neck to figure how to operate...even I got in the afternoon session many members of public just went up to the cams and anyhow whack or touch and feel the gear.

And near the end of the event...I think one of the 1DMk3 went missing! About 6 pm, saw the staff rushing around trying to check the total no. of 1DMk3 sets...appears that someone swapped a 20D set w/o battery grip for the 1DMk3. Not sure they managed to found it as I went off after that.

whahahahaha superb lar! good missing 1dmk3 but how is he gonna take it for servicing -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    whahahahaha superb lar! good missing 1dmk3 but how is he gonna take it for servicing -.-
    send it for servicing overseas?

And near the end of the event...I think one of the 1DMk3 went missing! About 6 pm, saw the staff rushing around trying to check the total no. of 1DMk3 sets...appears that someone swapped a 20D set w/o battery grip for the 1DMk3 which was mounted on the 300mm f2.8L IS. Not sure they managed to found it as I went off after that.
    This kind of thing sure happen one due to lack of control. They should have chained up the camera(s) with a locking system, like those in the showroom.

i think they managed to find back what the missing item was.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    i think they managed to find back what the missing item was.
    If they found the supposedly missing MkIII, then somebody forgot to bring home the 20D ?

maybe next time must use IC to exchange for the use of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    This kind of thing sure happen one due to lack of control. They should have chained up the camera(s) with a locking system, like those in the showroom.
    CHAIN UP??? Put there kanna ppl complain...chain up later ppl will complain again...really pity all the canon ppl.......i guess cannot satify all ppl....

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    CHAIN UP??? Put there kanna ppl complain...chain up later ppl will complain again...really pity all the canon ppl.......i guess cannot satify all ppl....
    Why should people complain if the cameras are chained up? You can go to Vivio City showroom to see what kind of chain are Canon using. The chains are not thick. I am sure that people will not mind, just like in the showroom. Please don't confuse with bicycle chain. I know that they look quite ugly.

Chaining is for security reason. Can anyone be responsible if someone really steal a mk III during a big crowd commotion?

Alternatively, Canon can install CCTV to monitor.

Why should people complain if the cameras are chained up? You can go to Vivio City showroom to see what kind of chain are Canon using. The chains are not thick. I am sure that people will not mind, just like in the showroom. Please don't confuse with bicycle chain. I know that they look quite ugly.

Chaining is for security reason. Can anyone be responsible if someone really steal a mk III during a big crowd commotion?

Install an electronic "lost and Found" device. If the camera leaves the place, an alarm goes off. The alarm at the camera end goes off, the central control end also goes off. Such device are also very small and wireless. Each lost and found pair device cost about $20 plus only.

I must confess I also did change out the 1d mk3 for a 400D on the 1200mm lens...I just wanted to see how a 1.6 crop factor 0_0 would look like on 1200mm...and omg... I could get a whole body shot of an ah pek on the other side of the lagoon, from head to toe
    1D MkIII, 5D MkII 16-200 2.8L, 35L, 50L, 135L
    View my flickr

.. 1DMKIII ! 10 fps sounds so cool ~ ( Trigger Happy Guy ) Haha .. My Extreme IV card finally got the chance to be in ( Busy mode ) ;D
    Last edited by Takaro; 18th June 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Canon 400D | 430 EX | 24-105mm L Lens
    Please hook me up for any cosplay events ..

Yes the positioning of the super telephoto lenses was bad...wayyy at the side and not at a good location to capture the wakeboarders...mostly can get side views only. The best spot where most of the action is was kena blocked by the big tent housing the EOS 30 yr anniversary exhibit. And the crowd control was not very good... the temp staff on duty never monitored the crowd at all, or assisted when ppl were testing out the cams...saw many ppl trying to figure how to slot in CF card, change settings etc...for a normal non DSLR user the Mk3 must have been a pain in the neck to figure how to operate...even in the afternoon session many members of public just went up to the cams and anyhow whack or touch and feel the gear.

wah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! u mean u stayed till 6 pm ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Oh those are temp staff?

I asked them questions about the timing of shuttle bus to the place, and they said dunno. Asked them if there would be buses to take us back, also dunno! Was told to look out for MC's announcement! They also told me there would be no more talks after the Canon rep had finished cos I was deciding whether to go back. Short while later, turned out got 1 more. They were nice though but ill prepared.

Yeah.. And I wonder what the purpose was to put the big L lenses and MkIII in a ""corner" while the action was happening a couple of meters away to the side. How come they couldn't set up the gears in front of the wakeboarders? Then more could enjoy and really test the power of the MkIII + lenses, which is what the main idea of the event was. In the end, I saw only people with their own camera bodies and long tele lenses shooting the wakeboarders. Others who probably couldn't reach so far with their lenses shot models instead.
    As I do know some Canon staffs, they r very helpful...maybe this show r mainly for newbie users...just to impress them with machine gun mode...nothing else....maybe the mk3 really have AF issue on BIF like what have discussed in dpreview.com and naturalscape.net forum...???

Quote Originally Posted by Takaro View Post

.. 1DMKIII ! 10 fps sounds so cool ~ ( Trigger Happy Guy ) Haha .. My Extreme IV card finally got the chance to be in ( Busy mode ) ;D
    nice advert for canon

Thanks bro...actually we can do better with 300mm right...I'm not surprise someone exchange the cam as only I staff standing behind take care of 4 x 1Dmk3 and 1x IDsmk2...I heard that one of the mk3 shutter almost failed...sound funny as imagine the 300,000 shutter counts is cater for user to use it within 3 years or longer but imagine there is a long q of kids/public for the testing the macine gun and shoot for 2 full day non-stop in 10 fps...think can easily reduce or reach the end of it life span.

Let do some simple math...
    1 sec = 10 shutter counts
    1 min = 600 shutter counts
    1 hr = 36,000 shutter counts
    so we just need to press the button for 8hr plus it will reach 300,000 shutter counts!
    Logically, I think the shutter will fail premature due to heavy stress within the short period of time.

I think lenscape suggested to use IC is a good idea...but must with time limit like 5 to 10 min testing if not anyone can bring it to elsewhere for a whole day...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast