Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 10D for f***

Let me tell u, its heaven one moment and hell the next. Its really a very unpredictable adventure with gals. Think he might quickly pick up photography again if he found a gf, it would be a way to soothe him down.

my PC also didn't believe me, and willingly failed my BMT
    Sehz,

Never doubted your condition back then ...

One day, you will regret saying all these things, mark my words. (Hint: When you become a father yourself)

Life has its own way, trust me.

What you can do now, is to sit down and think carefully!

All these, just for a camera? Learn to show respect!

Ming Huei

hey buck up man, we all have differences with our old man but at the end of the day everything else will be like so trivial.

Oh and dun give up, relax for a few days and you will feel differently.

Wish you all the best!

Sehsuan, I believe what I wanna say has been voiced by some of our frens here.

Differences between father & son is normal, but badmouthing ur dad in public just bcoz u can't use what he had bought is downrite rude & childish. Ur 24 already, man, dun behave like a spoilt brat!

Not to show off, but I would to share some of my personal experience. I'm 25 this yr, but I've been working for nearly 3 yrs. I've been supporting myself for 2 yrs now since I came to Spore.

Some may think that I'm one of da trolls who slam other ppl just bcoz I can't afford 10D...Its true tat I can't afford 10D, but tats bcoz I have to support my own life & save money at da same time, not living off in my parent's house or their money! My house rent & utilities for 3 mths can get me a 10D already, DUH...

But i never envy those who had da latest gear, why? Well, most of da Bungalows in Bukit Timah & Condos in River Valley are own by ppl from my country. No need to go into details what my family have here also. Anyway, what's a 1Ds or Kodak 14M pixels mean to me? I can easily pick up da phone, call my dad & get a car of my dream in no time, simple as that, but NO!!! Bcoz that is not my money! Tat's his money, he's rich...But me, just a poor slut! Must crawl on my own...hehe

Talking about photography, I got my first gear from my cousins, a Nikon FM10 with kit lens(far far less primitive than the whizbang AF SLR at that time). My dad only bought me a 3rd party flash unit & an UV filter (some really cheap brand). These things are dirt cheap, but I treasure them so much bcoz he actually spend da time to go & bought them himself. He know nuts about photography, so can't blame him for da stuff he bought. For years after that, i was happily snapping away with my trusty el cheapo FM10 during my uni years...But I've sold 'em away eventually...Nuooo...what have I done?

For those of u who are fortunate enough to have a wealthy family, think again before u start complaining, how many ppl out there r suffering, struggling just to make ends meet! Be grateful tat ur able to get good education, eat good food & wear nice clothes...Ur trivial matters r nothing! Nothing compare to those had by ppl of less fortunate...

No offence here, but my impression of Spore kids & young men, as a matter of fact, are such spoilt brats & complaint freaks tat they overshadow da majority of good Sporean...Luckily, I've met a lot of wonderful & fine Sporean frens, lets hope ur one of 'em...

I believe u have cool down by now, put behind what u've had said. As u promised, u want to get a camera of with ur own money, tats what we wanna hear from u. Dun give up photography just bcoz of this childish incident...

Having to had such a fortunate & loving family, pls be grateful...
    Do show some respect for ur old man, do treat him & ur family a nice dinner sometimes, will ya?

Now lets give this guy a break, shall we?... He will make a come back as a better man...

Just my 2c worth, er maybe 20c? coz its too long Hihi

sehsuan

You have a big problem. But the problem does not lies with your dad.

Figure that out?!

Deregistered

now, let's set some things straight - the diving and biking - i paid for the activities 100% from my own pocket. i have my own salary. i don't want to rely on someone else's money to do something that i like. there is a sense of satisfaction to do things using my own money. even when something is broken or spoilt by my own hands - hey, i'm answerable to myself.

eug, thanks for the reply. you were one of those people who let me believe that not all instructors were slavedrivers. both me and shaun (the other "pai-ka") are grateful to you and the other instructors at V Coy for it. *hug*

most of the people here, are posting impressions, without having even seen me before. thanks for the various viewpoints, but i shan't answer them all. you all are entitled to your own viewpoints - it's a free world baby!

some of you may say that i'm a tech-head that i blame my eqpt (or lack of it), but please give me a better suggestion for this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=28535 this was done using the c4040 at iso 400, 1/2 sec, f/2.3 at 20:58 hours on 28-03-03. i must blame myself for shaking the pic - after all, it's only 1/2s. but frankly, i dont need to answer to anyone, since my eyes have seen the image i intended and composed - and i need not make a fool of myself by posting the pic - but i intended to share with others who can catch the elements i possessed at that instant.

Originally posted by sehsuan
    now, let's set some things straight - the diving and biking - i paid for the activities 100% from my own pocket. i have my own salary. i don't want to rely on someone else's money to do something that i like. there is a sense of satisfaction to do things using my own money. even when something is broken or spoilt by my own hands - hey, i'm answerable to myself.

Yeah and i bet you put yourself through school and bought those milk powder also....

Oh i thought you've quit?

Originally posted by sehsuan
    some of you may say that i'm a tech-head that i blame my eqpt (or lack of it), but please give me a better suggestion for this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=28535 this was done using the c4040 at iso 400, 1/2 sec, f/2.3 at 20:58 hours on 28-03-03. i must blame myself for shaking the pic - after all, it's only 1/2s. but frankly, i dont need to answer to anyone, since my eyes have seen the image i intended and composed - and i need not make a fool of myself by posting the pic - but i intended to share with others who can catch the elements i possessed at that instant.
    There is an easy solution known as a tripod. It barely costs $30 for a cheap one and will defeat any Image Stabilized Lens and even allow you to use a lower ISO for that shot.

Sehsuan,

Hi there. I know I shouldn't be interferring too much in your personal affairs but it saddens me to see you put your own father down like that. And we all know how disagreeble our parents can be sometimes. You can dissociate yourself from his behavior but deep down, he's still your father.

A camera is just that. Not having a 10D or some other high tech stuffs ain't gonna make you less of a photographer. Photography can be enjoyed with whatever equipment you have. Any good pro can tell you that. You may not have the right tools to satisfy your desires yet but that doesn't mean you can't learn with whatever you have.

It seems from your website you're a Christian? Well, I don't think it's congruent with your faith to use the vulgar F word anyway.

Take it easy. Maybe if you look beyond the material things in life, you'll feel more love. Hey, as amateurs we all love to take good pictures. But to put one's own father down for such an interest is saddening. 5 years from now, does NOT owning a 10D really matter?

Too bad in Singapore, people have too much time in their hands but too little things to do or see within the small island. So the next best thing to do is the tendency to splurge $$$ on material stuffs and spend time on them. But sometimes, we ought to take time to smell the flowers and appreciate what life has to offer us. Minus the material stuffs.

I have to come out to say that enough has been said.

The thread is closed and will be moved out in the days' time.

Time to move on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345