Thread: May Ying Welsh in Baghad

Default May Ying Welsh in Baghad

Just want to say, I really admire her courage to stay there to report the news.

*salute*

Then you've got to admire a lot more courageous ppl, including the war photographers, cameramen and coalition troops.

Sin
    Guests

Originally posted by imaginary_number
    Then you've got to admire a lot more courageous ppl, including ..... and coalition troops.
    Political! political!
    Is this a political post? Does the moderator want to delete this??

But I bet she must be getting paid lots of money for covering the Iraq war...

She looks pan-Asian...

Originally posted by Sin
    Political! political!
    Is this a political post? Does the moderator want to delete this??
    Nah... it's not political in this context. We're talking about courage, not politics. So the statement was made irregardless of who is politically correct or wrong but what's courageous and what's not.

Originally posted by SNAG

She looks pan-Asian...
    yup... she's appearing on channel newsasia and CNN..

dunno whether there's more stations she's working for but she's definitely rolling in the dough after the war ends..

newuser
    Guests

With reports of news reporters getting killed by US/British friendly fire after being mistaken for Iraqis

I wonder when the US/UK troops enter Baghad and with the sand storm limiting visiblility, some gungho trooper might mistake her cameraman to be holding a RPG instead of a videocam and start shooting at her??

After all 2/3 of the casulaties are friendly fire.
    makes you wonder who is more life threatening to you in there, the Iraqi's or the friendly forces?

If the Iraqi's are hostile to her, she will be dead by now.

Originally posted by SNAG

She looks pan-Asian...
    Well, she's got a chinese name... not that THAT means anything much.....

Sin
    Guests

Nah... it's not political in this context. We're talking about courage, not politics. So the statement was made irregardless of who is politically correct or wrong but what's courageous and what's not.
    In that case, then I think the Iraqis deserved our respect even more. Imagine the courage you gotta have to face up against a technologically more advanced army and overwhelming odds.

Courage in the coalition? Nah, just a bunch of mercenaries who'll kill for money. They do get paid dont they?

Go Iraqis go!
    Last edited by Sin; 30th March 2003 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: May Ying Welsh in Baghad

to side track a bit.... i wonder do our little channelnewasia station really have their own dedicated reporters in these countries .... or does it just pay some freelancers to report back ....

Originally posted by dragos
    Just want to say, I really admire her courage to stay there to report the news.

*salute*

Agreed. The thread is neutral however some of the follow-up posts are steering away from that.

Thus the thread is closed and will be moved in a days' time.