Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 108

Thread: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    wah.. wasted.. i tell u.. the engine plus the track sound is so good to hear.. u can feel the terror approaching u if u are the enemy.
    how would you know that? some things are classified =p.
    I Love You :)

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Refer to the AOH website here:
    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/army/aoh

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    leopard is there if i'm not mistaken but very sadly, it's not moving. trust me, it's scary when it moves. hahahahahah
    Top speed of 72kmh on tarmac roads.

    Yes, most probably it will be on static display, but I heard frm a friend that there will be M113 armoured personnel carrier joy rides for the public to try, and firing of weapons...live round or not, I not sure.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    911

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Aiyoh, now weather no good. I guess now Cat 1, maybe some of the demo cancel? I staying in Jurong West near Jurong Camp and it's thunder here and there right now. Decided not to go.

  5. #65
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Just updated the AOH website on 300807(Thu) of the Mediacorp artistes appearance.

    010907(Sat), 1500-1600 hrs

    Felicia Chin & Nat Ho(Appearance in army uniform)

    020907(Sun), 1500-1600 hrs

    Pierre Png & Ix Shen(Appearance in civilian clothings)

    The AOH buzzword is 3G fighting force but the dissemination of information about the AOH programme is still 2G.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 30th August 2007 at 11:41 PM.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore land
    Posts
    176

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Was there this afternoon. I think this year there is a lot of changes. I must applaud the organiser for including so many live rounds firing that kept my parents glued to the demonstration.

    Must try attraction
    1) Joy ride to the live firing area to view demonstration of live firing. Real bullets!
    2) Homeland Security demonstration at 7.30 pm
    3) Go through all the life display in the show.

    Enjoy. This is so far the best open house i think i have been to. Will go visit again this weekend. It is a breeze today because there were not much visitors, i think the weekend will be terrible. But still worth while i think.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Just updated the AOH website on 300807(Thu) of the Mediacorp artistes appearance.

    010907(Sat), 1500-1600 hrs

    Felicia Chin & Nat Ho(Appearance in army uniform)

    020907(Sun), 1500-1600 hrs

    Pierre Png & Ix Shen(Appearance in civilian clothings)

    The AOH buzzword is 3G fighting force but the dissemination of information about the AOH programme is still 2G.
    thanks for the info

  8. #68
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Ng View Post
    Was there this afternoon. I think this year there is a lot of changes. I must applaud the organiser for including so many live rounds firing that kept my parents glued to the demonstration.

    Must try attraction
    1) Joy ride to the live firing area to view demonstration of live firing. Real bullets!
    2) Homeland Security demonstration at 7.30 pm
    3) Go through all the life display in the show.

    Enjoy. This is so far the best open house i think i have been to. Will go visit again this weekend. It is a breeze today because there were not much visitors, i think the weekend will be terrible. But still worth while i think.
    and to include 1 and 2 sept there will be fireworks at the 'Leaders Square' and performance by MDC
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  9. #69
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  10. #70

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Just updated the AOH website on 300807(Thu) of the Mediacorp artistes appearance.

    010907(Sat), 1500-1600 hrs

    Felicia Chin & Nat Ho(Appearance in army uniform)

    020907(Sun), 1500-1600 hrs

    Pierre Png & Ix Shen(Appearance in civilian clothings)

    The AOH buzzword is 3G fighting force but the dissemination of information about the AOH programme is still 2G.
    Ix Shen will he be doing any stunts?

  11. #71

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    The security area, command area, queue area for the shuttle bus have already been set up this morning at Boon Lay Bus Interchange!

    See you guys tomorrow!!!!!! ^^

  12. #72
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    The security area, command area, queue area for the shuttle bus have already been set up this morning at Boon Lay Bus Interchange!

    See you guys tomorrow!!!!!! ^^
    when u here give me a call mate
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  13. #73

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    when u here give me a call mate
    Okay bro! ^^ Thanks~

  14. #74
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    today just went to the AOH. Hehe go for the mission world ride.

  15. #75
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Some of us have to go for the mission world ride every year.

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    today just went to the AOH. Hehe go for the mission world ride.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    http://360.itcow.com
    Posts
    2,363

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    any lens limitations? <400mm?

  17. #77
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Some of us have to go for the mission world ride every year.
    Ohhhh geez the primus firing live round so near from our 5 tonner. Damn loud

  18. #78
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by etegration View Post
    any lens limitations? <400mm?
    They never really check lar. They opened my bag see see nia. i bringing 70-200 though.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    can bring camera go ther and ani how shoot right? later scare they confiscate my camera
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  20. #80
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Army Open House 30 Aug - 3 Sep 07

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    can bring camera go ther and ani how shoot right? later scare they confiscate my camera
    i anyhow shoot also like that. Keke dont worry

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •