Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Unreasonable bosses

  1. #1

    Angry Unreasonable bosses

    What do u do when you encounter bosses who are petty and who don't admit their own mistakes and always insist that they are right even though they are slapped by customers multiple times for their stupid mistakes? These are the people who don't eat humble pie and has already got a rotten name in the industry.

  2. #2
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    You said it.. boss. They think they are right and wont take any words from others. It show how narrow minded he is and not willing accept criticism.

    I just let it for what he think so if he did not take my initial advises. If the next time he occur the same mistake, I will only say:"Told ya so before." Needless to say too much to get slap back.

  3. #3
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    What do u do when you encounter bosses who are petty and who don't admit their own mistakes and always insist that they are right even though they are slapped by customers multiple times for their stupid mistakes? These are the people who don't eat humble pie and has already got a rotten name in the industry.
    IF that boss of yours already have a rotten name in the industry and you are still working for him or in his team...beware the reputation following you too and that's a fact. heh.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Currently living in Nankin
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    In such situation, usually, I change job. However, the best is to be your own boss, like, you'll see if easy to always take the right decision.

  5. #5
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    IF that boss of yours already have a rotten name in the industry and you are still working for him or in his team...beware the reputation following you too and that's a fact. heh.
    Oh... I think I missed out that. LOL. Yeah.. I will choose to leave and not to mention so much about the previous job. Peace.

    But.. find the job first before leaving... afterall, we still need to survive as we are employee and not employer.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Boss could mean many things. There could be one boss or many bosses with many levels. What kind are you talking about?

  7. #7
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Normally bosses of these kind won't go very far in the business.
    Capable people certainly are clever enough not to work for these bosses.

    And the organization is only as good as the people it has.

  8. #8

    Angry Re: Unreasonable bosses

    She is not the owner of the company, just a manager and the big boss (owner of the company) knows about her crappy work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie View Post
    Boss could mean many things. There could be one boss or many bosses with many levels. What kind are you talking about?

  9. #9
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    She is not the owner of the company, just a manager and the big boss (owner of the company) knows about her crappy work.
    Hmmm...
    The big boss doesn't really care because the company is still turning in profits. Besides, it's a pain to go through the hiring process to get a new person, who have to go through training.

    In short, career prospect at this kind of company is not good. The management don't take out unproductive people. The productive ones will never get promoted, even if they are recognized for their efforts.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Caught her a few times having job interview and company not making profit becos of this idiot who makes stupid decision. She once work in a hospital then turn to private sector, work three companies each one year or less and now here! $%$%$%$%$ her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Hmmm...
    The big boss doesn't really care because the company is still turning in profits. Besides, it's a pain to go through the hiring process to get a new person, who have to go through training.

    In short, career prospect at this kind of company is not good. The management don't take out unproductive people. The productive ones will never get promoted, even if they are recognized for their efforts.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    performance at work is not important what counts is on the bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    She is not the owner of the company, just a manager and the big boss (owner of the company) knows about her crappy work.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    What do u do when you encounter bosses who are petty and who don't admit their own mistakes and always insist that they are right even though they are slapped by customers multiple times for their stupid mistakes? These are the people who don't eat humble pie and has already got a rotten name in the industry.
    Just screw them in their face. Thats what I do to my boss and now he agrees with most things I say and let me make most decisions! hahaha.. Shiok ah!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Just screw them in their face. Thats what I do to my boss and now he agrees with most things I say and let me make most decisions! hahaha.. Shiok ah!
    U are damn lucky that your boss didn't sack you for telling him off in his face and even let you make most decisions. Most bosses have an ego bigger than their head and don't like their employees telling them that they are wrong. In most cases, when someone tell his boss that he's wrong, he would end up being a marked man or shown the door.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    U are damn lucky that your boss didn't sack you for telling him off in his face and even let you make most decisions. Most bosses have an ego bigger than their head and don't like their employees telling them that they are wrong. In most cases, when someone tell his boss that he's wrong, he would end up being a marked man or shown the door.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    U are damn lucky that your boss didn't sack you for telling him off in his face and even let you make most decisions. Most bosses have an ego bigger than their head and don't like their employees telling them that they are wrong. In most cases, when someone tell his boss that he's wrong, he would end up being a marked man or shown the door.
    ya lo, ya lo. cant agree more. sometimes it who said it, when its said.

    its a huge gamble. many wont b as lucky. simply cos there's too many bad bosses ard.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    U are damn lucky that your boss didn't sack you for telling him off in his face and even let you make most decisions. Most bosses have an ego bigger than their head and don't like their employees telling them that they are wrong. In most cases, when someone tell his boss that he's wrong, he would end up being a marked man or shown the door.
    Well, yea, I think I'm lucky to have a boss like that. He 'admitted' his mistakes by taking a step back. You see, bosses usually wont apologise and wont give face to employees but they'll 'compensate' in one way or another.

    As long as what you talk back to your boss supports yourself. Doesnt mean they know everything becos they're the boss! Argue smart, not just becos u're angry or buay song

  17. #17

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Please she almost an auntie, front back top bottom CMI, dont talk about clothes off. Anyway she buay song me becos the BIg Boss rule against her decision and listen to mine instead. Caught her lying so many times yet dont admit and when confronted, avoid the subject blah blah blah
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    performance at work is not important what counts is on the bed
    Last edited by Sniper ShutterBug; 2nd June 2007 at 07:38 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    What do u do when you encounter bosses who are petty and who don't admit their own mistakes and always insist that they are right even though they are slapped by customers multiple times for their stupid mistakes? These are the people who don't eat humble pie and has already got a rotten name in the industry.
    Take over her. If not, perhaps it time for you to change job since your are not happy with it. No point getting so work up for these kind of things. Life is too short to be like this.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    What do u do when you encounter bosses who are petty and who don't admit their own mistakes and always insist that they are right even though they are slapped by customers multiple times for their stupid mistakes? These are the people who don't eat humble pie and has already got a rotten name in the industry.
    Put it in a good way, perfect boss for you to climb over.

    Show your big boss how you can do a better job, bring more profits (biz is all abt $$!!), work with the team, tell the big boss, you are confident you can take over that person and do a better job.

    it's a multiple wins situation, promotion + kick him/her off + status upgrade +++

  20. #20

    Default Re: Unreasonable bosses

    My boss throws her temper at everyone when she is in a foul mood . The last time she did that I slapped her with my resignation letter but my big boss wants me to stay on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Take over her. If not, perhaps it time for you to change job since your are not happy with it. No point getting so work up for these kind of things. Life is too short to be like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •