Thread: Being a "tourist" in Singapore

Default Being a "tourist" in Singapore

Hi,

Had a chance to go shooting aound town last week when I went back to Singapore. I guessed I looked very much like a tourist; a number of real tourist asked me to take pictures for them and asked me if I wanted my picture taken in return.

Here are a few pictures that I would like to share.

Thanks!

Roy

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

The one with the man and the pillars is really nice!!

Could you have position the man more to the left? Or is it by doing so the pillars will be lost?
    Flickr :: Alpha 850 :: 50F1.4 :: 28-75F2.8 :: 17-35F2.8 ::

Originally posted by Freed
    The one with the man and the pillars is really nice!!

Could you have position the man more to the left? Or is it by doing so the pillars will be lost?
    Thanks!

The only way I can do that now is to crop tighter. Here's the "Rule of Thirds" version with a more accurate colour and less sharpening. Please let me know how you like this:

Yup I was referring to the rule of thirds , heh

But comparing both pictures, I cannot make up my mind as for which one I like better.

The cropped version did implement the rule of thirds. But the 1st have ... how should I put it.. has a better sense of scale?

In my opinion, it is a really nice shot, just a little less than perfect.

If it was shot with the man small like in the 1st pic (maybe even smaller?), and yet have the rule of third, I think it will be a winner, a perfect shot for me.

Still I really like it

Cheers.
    ************************************************** *_

(apologies if my opinions sounded silly, newbish or even wrong)
    Flickr :: Alpha 850 :: 50F1.4 :: 28-75F2.8 :: 17-35F2.8 ::

Originally posted by Freed
    Yup I was referring to the rule of thirds , heh

But comparing both pictures, I cannot make up my mind as for which one I like better.

The cropped version did implement the rule of thirds. But the 1st have ... how should I put it.. has a better sense of scale?

In my opinion, it is a really nice shot, just a little less than perfect.

If it was shot with the man small like in the 1st pic (maybe even smaller?), and yet have the rule of third, I think it will be a winner, a perfect shot for me.

Still I really like it

Cheers.
    ************************************************** *_

(apologies if my opinions sounded silly, newbish or even wrong)
    Your opinions are sound, and I agree with you totally regarding the choice between the 2 versions. I guessed that's why I chose to post the first version.

At the time of the shoot the man in the picture was actually having his picture taken by his girlfriend (hidden behind the pillars). So he was constantly moving around, making it hard to catch the perfect moment.

I noticed the opportunity as I was waiting to cross the road over to the Padang field. Qickly changed my lens to my beloved 80-200 f/4.5 and managed to take this 1 shot before the couple moved off.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

- Roy