Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Top Model Contest - Singapore

  1. #21

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Saw this on a banner when I was passing by Millenia Walk yesterday. To be held at Millenia Walk ground floor central atrium.

    2nd June, 3rd June 2007 - 3pm (semi-finals)

    9th June 2007 - 3pm (Preview)

    10th June 2007 - 3pm (Finals)

    Happy shooting!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Yo did u go to Millenia Walk???

    Angeline

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    south
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Yah crowded ard Suntec n Millenia Walk area.
    Sure crowded PC Show at suntec , Top model contest at millenia walk

    Anyone has pics to share at yesterday event.

  3. #23
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by KHC View Post
    Sure crowded PC Show at suntec , Top model contest at millenia walk

    Anyone has pics to share at yesterday event.
    u want males or females models
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  4. #24

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    I WILL BE THERE.
    Din see you?

    I went to shoot landscape... The "models" are secondary...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  5. #25

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Din see you?

    I went to shoot landscape... The "models" are secondary...
    u learnt fast
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  6. #26

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    u learnt fast
    Some landscape shots here...




    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    south
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    u want males or females models
    sure it females, bro harry

  8. #28
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Some landscape shots here...

    Kinda weird... the men are bare footed while the ladies wears heels... imagine one lady accidentally took 1 step back... then no sponsors are a common pair of heels... all different style, colours & heights... ugly.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    Kinda weird... the men are bare footed while the ladies wears heels... imagine one lady accidentally took 1 step back... then no sponsors are a common pair of heels... all different style, colours & heights... ugly.
    it's anatomically correct ....
    men wear briefs, and it looks better without a shoe .... slippers would be too informal looking.
    women wear bikini and they need to raise their anatomy assets with the aids of high heels ....
    if a lady accidently step on a man's foot, normally the man will just have to grin and bare the slight discomfort, IMO.
    which sponsors would want to do it with this standard?
    always the Light, .... always.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    which sponsors would want to do it with this standard?
    somehow they are thick skinned enough to use the title "best model of the world".

  11. #31
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by KHC View Post
    sure it females, bro harry
    is that a question?
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  12. #32

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    somehow they are thick skinned enough to use the title "best model of the world".
    connor - that's cos they bought the franchise from the turkish international contest, best model of the world. the winner of the sg round will go to turkey to compete in a contest which is really called best model of the world


    anyways guys i happenned to pass millenia walk yesterday they seem to be building a bigger stage for this weekend..

  13. #33
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    hmmmm....bigger stage means....shooters gotta squeeze

  14. #34
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Frankly, my office was nearby and I was there on Sat, but I left the place before it even started. You can imagine the quality.

    The title "Best Model of the World" was overated I would say.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  15. #35

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Best fug would be a better title

  16. #36

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by silverfrond View Post
    connor - that's cos they bought the franchise from the turkish international contest, best model of the world. the winner of the sg round will go to turkey to compete in a contest which is really called best model of the world


    anyways guys i happenned to pass millenia walk yesterday they seem to be building a bigger stage for this weekend..
    Guys relax a bit la Joanna, herself was also a Best model and represented Singapore in 2005. She was also judging last Sun.

    http://www.ermworld.org/spore/htmdoc...odel_world.htm

    With regards to the quality of the contestants, the styling of the clothes etc. There are some very good guys and gals. A current newpaper NewFace winner is among the contestants too. As long as the winner is the best available to represent Singapore, its the best already. Its getting harder and harder to get good quality models to join competition. Its even harder and harder to get sponsors too. At least there wasnt any MLM companies sponsoring this competition, which is a increasing trend in some major pageants, which is worst when you hear contestants answering questions about how good the MLM company is, how good their products do to their bowels, skin, bust etc...

    All the best to the organiser and contestants this Sunday.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckteeth LCL View Post
    Guys relax a bit la Joanna, herself was also a Best model and represented Singapore in 2005. She was also judging last Sun.

    http://www.ermworld.org/spore/htmdoc...odel_world.htm

    With regards to the quality of the contestants, the styling of the clothes etc. There are some very good guys and gals. A current newpaper NewFace winner is among the contestants too. As long as the winner is the best available to represent Singapore, its the best already. Its getting harder and harder to get good quality models to join competition. Its even harder and harder to get sponsors too. At least there wasnt any MLM companies sponsoring this competition, which is a increasing trend in some major pageants, which is worst when you hear contestants answering questions about how good the MLM company is, how good their products do to their bowels, skin, bust etc...

    All the best to the organiser and contestants this Sunday.
    Could it be possible that there's too many contests going on that's why its so hard to find quality models anymore?

  18. #38
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    maybe should have one like America's Next Top Model.....make it more interesting....reality show...

  19. #39

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckteeth LCL View Post
    Guys relax a bit la Joanna, herself was also a Best model and represented Singapore in 2005. She was also judging last Sun.

    http://www.ermworld.org/spore/htmdoc...odel_world.htm

    With regards to the quality of the contestants, the styling of the clothes etc. There are some very good guys and gals. A current newpaper NewFace winner is among the contestants too. As long as the winner is the best available to represent Singapore, its the best already. Its getting harder and harder to get good quality models to join competition. Its even harder and harder to get sponsors too. At least there wasnt any MLM companies sponsoring this competition, which is a increasing trend in some major pageants, which is worst when you hear contestants answering questions about how good the MLM company is, how good their products do to their bowels, skin, bust etc...

    All the best to the organiser and contestants this Sunday.



    Thanks for the encouragement!!

    And yap like what Joanna said, ERM bought the franschise over, is not that they are thick skin to use the name!

    This are all the following titles that will be given out and S'pore hs been sending out gals there for competition.
    Best Model: http://www.bestmodeloftheworld.com/

    Miss Model: http://www.intmodel.com/ (Colleen came in 13th Runner-up for the top 30 winners & Best in Swimwear)

    International Model: http://www.internationalmodeloftheyear.org/





    Some more, in singapore lots of media and advertising company are using ang mo or pan asia, its difficult for asian like us to groom ourselves, or even to groom other ppl, coz not many agencies like or prefer asian. Gals need to groom and you will see the results. The caucasian, started out very young, and expose this kind of environement at a very young age, this is their plus point. For Singapore most of them started out late coz either they are not very clear what is all about and/or our industry prefer caucasian/pan asian thats why its difficult to find a contestant coz what for joining if they can't excel well in Singapore even if they do get a title?

    So for those who have shoot good modles before good for you, but have you ever think of the model that you shoot, how are they like before they are groom as a top model? Maybe some will be like some of the contestant on stage... most of them have no or little experience in modeling. So do give them time, don't take those top models you have shoot before and compare, coz there are already a groom model.. not raw like those on stage..
    Last edited by Missyqiqi; 7th June 2007 at 03:38 PM.

  20. #40
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: Top Model Contest - Singapore

    these contests are just stepping stones into a more glamorous (n tiring...haha) modelling career. agree with missyqiqi...give the contestants time to groom....
    Last edited by scandisk; 7th June 2007 at 03:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •