Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancer expected to increase in Asia

Default Re: Cancer expected to increase in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    These days its all about money. Its the only thing that talks and makes the world tick. Its a sorry state of affairs, but that's the way it is.
    Well said

It really sad to be true and it sooooooo true.

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Well said

These days its all about money. Its the only thing that talks and makes the world tick. Its a sorry state of affairs, but that's the way it is.
    Alot is in our own hands, we are the consumers, if we know all this, then why still eat outside, yet expect the government to change things for us? Education is important, if more people avoid eating at stalls that use charred cooking woks, then these hawkers will also need to change once they realise why customers keeps away from their stalls :-)

Also, we complain when the food increase yet we expect healthy food. I think we need to also accept that healthier food needs to be paid for, as the hawkers stall needs to use healthier oils which are more expensive.......

Hawker food is relatively cheap, and to keep it that way the hawkers have to cut corners, but can't blame them as the customers stay away once they increase the price.

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Where have you read that cows are genetically re-engineered? What nonsense! (sorry for my reaction) There are no cows re-engineered!.........please don't believe all that nonsense if you had read it somewhere.

'Engineered' food doesn't always mean it is bad for us, food engineering has always been done by humans since the invention of agriculture, beer, tofu, cheese making are some examples of bio-engineering.

We also eat natural mutants (broccoli, cauliflower), corn and rice that we eat now are not 'natural' anymore as they had already been bred to suit our taste using traditional plant breeding. The new Molecular Breeding by inserting certain genes is just a simplification of that traditional breeding and is actually less dangerous as we introduce less unwanted genes as compared to traditional breeding (through crossing).

Food plays an important role in the development of cancer, as well as the environment, some people are also more inclined genetically to develop cancers, smoking increases
    the chances of developing cancer.

Also, the level of your immune system is important whether your own body can defend against the development of cancers inside your body (we have a repair system in our cells to defend ourselves against cell damage as well as DNA damage, which in many cases could lead to cancers).

Fish is I think much healthier than eating red meat, and healthy regular exercise will increase our immune system, also being too clean is I think not so good as that reduces our immune system.

HS
    Hi Hongsien

You got a point there. Well I often read and hear from some friends the freak things farmers do to milk better money from animals. Maybe i didnt phrase it correctly.

OK, just pulled out from the webby

http://www.preventcancer.com/press/books/got.htm

Anyway, for those who eat alot of fried food, do check out the wok of frying oil. If its dirty and black, avoid eating from that stall. Those oil can be rancid and is worse than smoking cigarette.

Especially oil that starts foaming is too old....throw it away! Typically, more healthy oil such as canola (Canadian Oil) oil does becomes rancid faster than unhealthy oil such as palm oil....

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Hi Hongsien

You got a point there. Well I often read and hear from some friends the freak things farmers do to milk better money from animals. Maybe i didnt phrase it correctly.

OK, just pulled out from the webby

http://www.preventcancer.com/press/books/got.htm
    It is NOT the cow that is engineered, but the rBGH was made by 'engineered' bacteria (E.coli) to make that growth hormone, and that was injected into the cows to make them grow faster and produce more milk......the growth hormone also ends up in the milk, but is no different from normal bovine growth hormone. The dangers are from other proteins in the milk that are slighly increased and more milk also can cause more sickness among the cows (but this is due to more milk production, NOT due to rBGH).

Whether it does pose a danger is still hotly debated......if you keep reading those organic/health websites they will off course say all 'engineered' stuff is no good etc.

HS

there are thousands of possibilities to die.

imagine ! tree falling also killed pple... wat is cancer and other disease !?

buy life, accident and medical insurance...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12