Thread: Who do you suggest ? is it you ?

Default Who do you suggest ? is it you ?

Hi all,

If I was to say, "I have invented someting" and I am looking for help to further it and produce it; what would you suggest ?

If I was to say,"After speaking to a few people (not in a position to take it on)", the reply was....

"Brilliant" "every home will have at least 1 if not 4 or 5"

The guessing sell price $20-25, manufacture price (in say Taiwan) $3-5

I am confident that if I were to sit down with the right person and describe the item, that person would say, "YES lets do it".

I am asking for some help here. I do not have funds but I am sitting on an idea that could make me VERY rich even at 75c per item royalty.

Any suggestions my friends
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Default Re: Who do you suggest ? is it you ?

Maybe patent the new product and talk to new venture investors?

Patent it immediately.

Do a search to see if your idea is already in the market.

List potential manufacturers, have a NCD (non-dislocsure document) ready to sign before you present the idea. If it works , good. If not go down the list.

If they copy your idea, you sue.

If my idea works, i am open for donations.

Hi guys,

I am aware that the idea is not out there yet. I have searched and also know that if it was I would have bought a couple already

A patent is not a costly thing if you want it for one country only, but world-wide is expensive.

I just need to sit down with someone with the power to say,"Ok Lets do it".

I have gone so far as to draw up the concept (diagram) and mail it to myself registered mail....

Having recieved it un-opened, I can prove the existance of my idea before others.......

I guess I just need someone with money and a good ear

Cheers

well, if the idea is really that good and worth the trouble, why not present it to the bank and secure funding? Even if you might not like the idea of going to the bank, there's govt grants that you can apply for.. alternatively, look for venture capitalists to fund your project although I'm not sure how the agreement may eventually works out.

Once you secure the funding, you can then focus on the production of your idea. I'm sure the banks may even help you open doors and get you talking to the right people... if not, hire someone to do all the leg work to turn your concept into reality and then hire an accountant to track your profits rolling in...

One more thing: like what Sjourn mentioned, the Non-Disclosure Agreement is vital and do make sure it's signed before you speak to anyone. You wouldnt want to end up holding second hand information if someone else steals your idea and get ahead of you...

Hi Brand,

A very good idea indeed.

It just so happens that I have to see someone at my bank tomorrow about my unit here.

I will look into it and the other suggestions.

Cheers and thanks

Is there anyone out there game enough to give me a listen ?

I am very confident with the potential of the project.

I will try as Brand has suggested, but I am open to other interests.

Guys/Girls/Friends of CS, excuse me for reaching out as I am, but, if you had an idea that would make you happy for life... would you not do the same

I could not be more shure of this than the sun rising in the morning.

Cheers to you all

Good luck Pablo!

If I had a lot of money, maybe. I think you have a certain amount of intelligence based on what I see here in CS.. But unfortunately I am a poor student with no real means of income.. I'm sure you'd find someone eventually. =)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Good luck Pablo!

If I had a lot of money, maybe. I think you have a certain amount of intelligence based on what I see here in CS.. But unfortunately I am a poor student with no real means of income.. I'm sure you'd find someone eventually. =)
    Hi night86mare,

That is very nice of you to say that.

I thank you for saying that, truely.

I don't think of myself as anymore intelligent than anyone else, only that I have a gift (if that is what it is),
    to see 2 different things that if put together will produce something different.

I cant explain much further....

As an example ( this one is for you).... I was watching a graphic designer using a CAD program one day....

He was using a joystick for some movements and his mouse for others.

I thought, "why not combine the two ?".

Design a thumb ball into where the trigger button would be in the joystick.

Apart from CAD, it would be great for many games. The thumb ball when depressed could still opperate the fire function.

Ahhh well.

Sorry for the lengthy reply.

Thank you for your support

How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    How much?
    Wrong question

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Wrong question
    I mean how much do you need.

Hi night86mare,

That is very nice of you to say that.

I thank you for saying that, truely.

I don't think of myself as anymore intelligent than anyone else, only that I have a gift (if that is what it is),
    to see 2 different things that if put together will produce something different.

I cant explain much further....

As an example ( this one is for you).... I was watching a graphic designer using a CAD program one day....

He was using a joystick for some movements and his mouse for others.

I thought, "why not combine the two ?".

Design a thumb ball into where the trigger button would be in the joystick.

Apart from CAD, it would be great for many games. The thumb ball when depressed could still opperate the fire function.

Ahhh well.

Sorry for the lengthy reply.

Thank you for your support
    Suggestion to add on.

U know those tactile 'clicks' whenever u scroll using a scrollwheel mouse? U can probably incorporate that into the joystick+trackball combo for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Suggestion to add on.

U know those tactile 'clicks' whenever u scroll using a scrollwheel mouse? U can probably incorporate that into the joystick+trackball combo for this purpose.
    I can't help u with money since I'm financially strapped.

But if u need an idea here and there, well I guess I could help.

Deregistered

Wrong question
    Hi Pablo,

Not so bad question in fact.

You've an idea that's great, unfortunatly that's not enough, an idea is nothing by itself, I've one every 15 minutes and I'm not still so rich that money just changed my life (anyway, that's not my purpose anyway).

Nobody will just listen to you and say "let's do it". People who have power and money don't care about your idea, they have 2 questions for you : "how much do you want to make it ?" and "how much it'll bring back to me ?" (ok, it's a little bit more complicated, but in a simple way, that's true).

So I make it simple for you : you write a document where you explain everything about making a succesfull business with your product, EVERYTHING. At least, if you don't do that, how can you say that each house will buy at least 1, it's non-sense. If you believe it, you must demonstrate.

After that, if you need help, don't hesitate. But don't come just saying "my product is the best". You just look like dummy young inventor and that's more funny than hopeful.

BR

How about EDB? I understand that they are always looking for local talent to support. If they find the invention viable, I sure they will guide you on patenting, marketing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    Hi Pablo,

You've an idea that's great, unfortunatly that's not enough, an idea is nothing by itself, I've one every 15 minutes and I'm not still so rich that money just changed my life (anyway, that's not my purpose anyway).

Nobody will just listen to you and say "let's do it". People who have power and money don't care about your idea, they have 2 questions for you : "how much do you want to make it ?" and "how much it'll bring back to me ?" (ok, it's a little bit more complicated, but in a simple way, that's true).

So I make it simple for you : you write a document where you explain everything about making a succesfull business with your product, EVERYTHING. At least, if you don't do that, how can you say that each house will buy at least 1, it's non-sense. If you believe it, you must demonstrate.

After that, if you need help, don't hesitate. But don't come just saying "my product is the best". You just look like dummy young inventor and that's more funny than hopeful.

BR

In short, you need a business plan. People need to know you have done your homework and research.

Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    Hi Pablo,

BR
    Sorry, if i'm not clear in my question.

Basically, i wanna know how much does your idea cost, what's the return like and how soon can you see the return.

When I invest, i only wanna know, how much and what's in it for me. Of cos I've got to see a biz plan to know if it's worth it or not.

In any case, good luck in finding a partner or financial backer.