Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Giving up shooting?

Dagger,

I think there comes a time in every photographer's life there is a slow down and we all need to take a break. A lot of us have experience it before.

Giving up shooting might not be a bad idea. But one thing I know, a lot of people who gave up this hobby will eventually come back to it after a period of time. How long ? It depends on individual.

I gave up before for 3 years and then the interest came back. Why ? I think Clubsnap has a lot to do with it.

Anyway, there is no right or wrong decision here, only the best decision you feel its right for you.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

time to take a break and have a cup of coffee...

Deregistered

Originally posted by xmen1977
    time to take a break and have a cup of coffee...
    that's an awfully large cuppa, xmen!

remember the Yardbyrds' song? Turn Turn Turn?

"there's a season... turn turn turn...."

opposite from me

when I feel down , I will non-stop shooting ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb
    opposite from me

when I feel down , I will non-stop shooting ...
    same for me...will shoot more whenever i'm very happy or unhappy.

Well, life has many other priorities. Personally I feel like to establish one distinctive direction in EACH year. And once I wanna do something, I mean it. Good thing is that I am always full of passion; Bad thing is I may lose interest in many things solely because other priorities occupy.

Simone, one honest suggestion to you: learn to do better post processing. I noticed your pix are very *raw*, which means even D1x cannot give you what you *should* get (with all you expensive investment). DSLR is not as fool proof as its film conterparts.

Hi Dagger,

try going to church. if u're interested in that, pm me....
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

If u have that sinking feeling.. Maybe it's tiem to take a break.. Unless it's your job then no choice...

And the friend/peple ypu mix with makes a differences...
    If everyone you met is talking abt photo equipment and photography, you will have an overdose of it..

Anything too excessive can be boring after some times..

Whatever it is, do things that made you happy.

Sin
    Guests

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Hi Dagger,

try going to church. if u're interested in that, pm me....
    Temple and mosque also can

Errrr....wait, is this a religious post??
    Moderator!

Originally posted by tomshen
    Simone, one honest suggestion to you: learn to do better post processing. I noticed your pix are very *raw*, which means even D1x cannot give you what you *should* get (with all you expensive investment). DSLR is not as fool proof as its film conterparts.
    i agree with tomshen on this... there's a lot of post processing involved with digital for good output IMHO (which i'm too lazy/busy to do - why you think i gave up digital?). that's esp true in the light that i haven't even really "mastered" 35mm film for myself.

but that's just me.

Dagger,

If you have some time, money and energy to spare, going for a short holiday might lift your spirit.... ..... go to somewhere which you haven't been before and you'll get to see new things, people, etc.........

Originally posted by Larry
    i agree with tomshen on this... there's a lot of post processing involved with digital for good output IMHO (which i'm too lazy/busy to do - why you think i gave up digital?). that's esp true in the light that i haven't even really "mastered" 35mm film for myself.

but that's just me.
    To be honest, I enjoy the post-processing much more than the actual shooting!

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Have to be true for someone always shoot in color but show in b/w, hah

Deregistered

fancy this:

a few days ago i was offering suggestion to Dagger how not to give up photography. now i'm the one throwing in the towel...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=28522

Originally posted by Larry

but that's just me.
    maybe should explore the different food court in singapore ... where are the nice foods ?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Your processing turns normal looking shots into winners......CHEATER!

But I do that sometimes and do get great satisfaction doing so.

I do go out shooting alone when I feel down, you may find greater inspiration sometimes when you are less concerned with what's happening around you.

perhaps you need a break.. from shooting. take a break, a holiday or something and leave your camera at home, just enjoy your trip. you may be more 'hungry' for shots after that.

Originally posted by sehsuan
    fancy this:

a few days ago i was offering suggestion to Dagger how not to give up photography. now i'm the one throwing in the towel...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=28522
    She may be giving up for good reasons but you...enough said.

maybe u should shoot for yourself, Dagger, shoot what interests you..not what everybody is shooting, may help u to find direction in your photography

Default Thank you all so much

Thank you all for your concerns. At the moment, I am taking things easy and looking at others and also toning down in certain areas.

To be honest, it had never crossed my mind that this would spark off so many CSers concerned about my condition and really thank you all for looking in to me. Also got several PMs, e-mails and calls too.

In the very beginning I was only wondering about what may happen having this thought, but never did I ever except this kind of reaction. Thank you all so much. I love you all as our CS Family.

--------------------------
    For those who have only known me recently, here is a bit on photography history:
    -Started shooting 9yrs old with a full Manual Ricoh camera and shot for my schools (influence from family and support)
    -Switched to P&S during JC/Uni days due to travelling reasons and family did not really approve of me with such heavy stuffs around
    -Started re-investment of SLRs about 8yrs back and gradually became heavier through time
    -Focused photography such as aviation, skylines, nature and then people/events.
    -Started shooting for my company (and its subsidiaries) some 6yrs+ back, and am now rather official doing the events, product shoots, etc...
    -Started freelance work shortly after but on a low profile, only got much higher around 2002.
    -Currently have a regular pool of clients...
    -Found CS last year and liked it...enjoy working with those behind it and so am here....
    -Have also been there and done that (and some are current still) with some nature groups and other forums in Singapore.
    -That's just about all...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast